M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Vecna

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#11601 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:04 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 pm
Those are all possible, but collectively are highly unlikely to me—so much so that I’d rather not spend one of our shots on Chaqa without an explicit counterclaim from someone. I think he’s less likely to be mafia than anyone in the POE, and we don’t have enough shots to get through the POE from an objective standpoint. So I don’t really see the utility in continuing to think about it and worry about it.

I’d be inclined to believe almost any counterclaim (and perhaps this is what mafia is counting on?), but I see no reason to spend time on thinking through a counterclaim that may never come. It was one thing back on Day 2 or Day 3 when the Cop might not want to claim just yet, but in my mind they’ve clearly had their chance and passed.
I was partially excited when ghug CC'd because
1) it meant I would probably no longer have to play this game
2) It meant I went 2-for-1 on mafia members if you guys 50/50'd, which is about as good as I could hope for after the Day 1 outing

I think mafia is unlikely to CC now simply because they would be trading 1:1.
This feels like pretending to have had thoughts, while in reality you just copied my stance on doing your job catching 2 scums.

Vecna

#11602 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:06 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:36 am
##vote Vecna
stop ignoring the good catches you find to townread me over. stay enlightened.

snowy801

#11603 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 pm

What catches are those and why is it good?

Vecna

#11604 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:12 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:51 am
Playing not to lose is playing to win if you make it so you can’t lose.

All that’s happening is following the logical conclusion of trusting our five clears. Blame the mafia for not shooting them if you don’t want people going through a checklist lol. Or be like swordsman and only play no-PR games.

But since y’all gripe so much, of the candidates…
• Still think Sabi and Doom are town
• ghug moved up my list some with his more recent posts, his stance on Chaqa feels like concern trolling
• kgray’s spirited defense of Sabi is a bit surprising to me, but I’m inclined to chalk it up to frustration with Bunny, and I’m not really clear what the mafia motivation is to hard defend someone else in the POE pool (unless they’re both it??)
• rivera is still a shrug for me, I can see his dispirited posting coming from town that’s just overwhelmed with the volume of posting, I could also see it coming from mafia wanting to look like overwhelmed town so as to pass through this round of pressure
• snowy should be a shrug, there’s a lot of prodding in directions that look right, but no unifying theory of the game state bringing it all together; maybe that’s how you catch him
• Vecna probably should just be town for his D2 vote on Tom but I’m finding his play really reactive and flat, given that the game should be auto for him or super close to it at worst, I figure he’d be more fired up to get it done

If the clears care, I would probably go rivera >= ghug > snowy > Vecna > kgray > Sabi > Doom.
How is my view closer to auto than yours? You claim to no longer have any qualms calling Chaqa town

Functionally, noone is clear.

Practically, everyone I townread has the skills to fake that shit. Especially true.

Realistically my suspicious nature should have the upper hand here and leave me open to vote Ghug, Kgray, Snowy, PE and Rdrivera. Possibly even Sabi, but thats probably more due to practicality and my own demise being less likely if she goes (im still unsure if my own death isnt simply inevitable, and I even gave thought to putting myself up for sacrifice today, but thats just a cowards play).

Vecna

#11605 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:13 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:11 pm
What catches are those and why is it good?
You had about 3 of those in the last 30 hours I think?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#11606 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:14 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:04 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:14 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:04 pm
Those are all possible, but collectively are highly unlikely to me—so much so that I’d rather not spend one of our shots on Chaqa without an explicit counterclaim from someone. I think he’s less likely to be mafia than anyone in the POE, and we don’t have enough shots to get through the POE from an objective standpoint. So I don’t really see the utility in continuing to think about it and worry about it.

I’d be inclined to believe almost any counterclaim (and perhaps this is what mafia is counting on?), but I see no reason to spend time on thinking through a counterclaim that may never come. It was one thing back on Day 2 or Day 3 when the Cop might not want to claim just yet, but in my mind they’ve clearly had their chance and passed.
I was partially excited when ghug CC'd because
1) it meant I would probably no longer have to play this game
2) It meant I went 2-for-1 on mafia members if you guys 50/50'd, which is about as good as I could hope for after the Day 1 outing

I think mafia is unlikely to CC now simply because they would be trading 1:1.
This feels like pretending to have had thoughts, while in reality you just copied my stance on doing your job catching 2 scums.
If Chaqa is the cop (which I believe), this is a bit harsh. He may not have played the best D1 but D1 wagons are more a popularity contest then anything and he got Tom that wasn't an easy kill like some people are pushing.

snowy801

#11607 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:18 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:12 pm
President Eden wrote:

All that’s happening is following the logical conclusion of trusting our five clears. Blame the mafia for not shooting them if you don’t want people going through a checklist lol. Or be like swordsman and only play no-PR games.

• ghug moved up my list some with his more recent posts, his stance on Chaqa feels like concern trolling
• kgray’s spirited defense of Sabi is a bit surprising to me, but I’m inclined to chalk it up to frustration with Bunny, and I’m not really clear what the mafia motivation is to hard defend someone else in the POE pool (unless they’re both it??)
• rivera is still a shrug for me, I can see his dispirited posting coming from town that’s just overwhelmed with the volume of posting, I could also see it coming from mafia wanting to look like overwhelmed town so as to pass through this round of pressure
• snowy should be a shrug, there’s a lot of prodding in directions that look right, but no unifying theory of the game state bringing it all together; maybe that’s how you catch him
• Vecna probably should just be town for his D2 vote on Tom but I’m finding his play really reactive and flat, given that the game should be auto for him or super close to it at worst, I figure he’d be more fired up to get it done

If the clears care, I would probably go rivera >= ghug > snowy > Vecna > kgray > Sabi > Doom.
How is my view closer to auto than yours? You claim to no longer have any qualms calling Chaqa town

Practically, everyone I townread has the skills to fake that shit. Especially true.

Realistically my suspicious nature should have the upper hand here and leave me open to vote Ghug, Kgray, Snowy, PE and Rdrivera. Possibly even Sabi, but thats probably more due to practicality and my own demise being less likely if she goes (im still unsure if my own death isnt simply inevitable, and I even gave thought to putting myself up for sacrifice today, but thats just a cowards play).
wow tell me how you really feel

Vecna

#11608 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:18 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:59 am
I think I'm staying on snowy unless there's some traction on ghug.
Universal truth, thats probably wrong in ~30% of all games

Whenever I find reasons to like/not want to kill Ghug, he usually is scum. That usually also results in him appealing a ton to me for survival. Is this happening this game: yes

Whenever I get super annoyed with Ghug and constantly wanna kill him (and vise versa) were probably both town. Is this happening this game: none whatsoever.

Ghug, thoughts?

Vecna

#11609 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:19 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:18 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:12 pm
President Eden wrote:

wow tell me how you really feel
im probably gonna end up killing you today out of sheered annoyedness. Ignore rationality, just pure "this is what I really want".

Vecna

#11611 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:21 pm

Whether that means youre just mafia that is really playing in a self-detrimental way by not realizing this weakness in your play, or town that just needs a reality check in the god thread.....I dont really care

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#11613 Post by Chaqa » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:22 pm

punt chaka

snowy801

#11614 Post by snowy801 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:27 pm

Chaka more like Dakka amirite

Vecna

#11615 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:28 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:30 am
You know what's a term I haven't seen used this game (surprisingly)

Shading

That's all Vecna's done this game, throw shade

If there's literally anyone willing to quick scroll his ISO and think otherwise let me know
Time for some actual attempts at honest self-revision to see if this criticism is fair.

Vecna

#11616 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:37 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:28 pm
snowy801 wrote:

Shading

If there's literally anyone willing to quick scroll his ISO and think otherwise let me know
Time for some actual attempts at honest self-revision to see if this criticism is fair.
Ive scrolled my ISO. There definately is some shading in there. Its still in a very normal marging of like 3-6% of posts, and its mostly directed at my townread Worcej, and at Ghug/Chaqa. This was for D1.

Id like others to do as snowy asks here, to see if his argument has any merit whatsoever.

Because from where im standing, its just more made up reasoning to justify a read on me.

Was there some particular part of the game where you were overly concerned with my shading Snowy?

Vecna

#11617 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:38 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:31 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:29 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:06 am
Don't think it's ghug either

sigh
Who do you think it is?
I'm thinking like 70% Vecna 40% rdrivera 10% Chaqa 1% Bunny maybe

5% Sabi 5% ghug I guess, if we want to be comprehensive
What happened to PE in this, that you were voicing suspicion of just on the page before this 1?

Vecna

#11618 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:39 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:32 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:31 am
snowy801 wrote:

Shading

Vecna throws shade every game, extensively as town too.

It's his meta to call people out for how they're playing or on things he doesn't agree with.
I've literally never seen town vecna so
This is it buddy, arent you excited?

Vecna

#11619 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:45 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:39 am
worcej wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:37 am
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:35 am
And honestly I think the strategy reflects the mentality of an extremely bold and iron-masked player tbh, which is why I don't think rdrivera would go for it (no offense)
If I was just looking at the strategy play of killing non-clears, I'd peg Eden and you as the players willing to do it.
You guys have literally never seen me play scum smh
I don't think Eden's doing it either, though his "kill me I'm VT in PoE" did make me wonder for a second

But my reads are pretty reliable
I know the god QT will just be yelling at me for keeping antagonizing you and keeping this little thing going but......yeah.....nope.

(historically 0% when it comes to reading me).

Also, you clearly dont think anymore that jamiet was scum do you? So that means you were pretty much voting town the entire game except for the days bozo and tom were endhammered. (unless worcej is punking us).

Vecna

#11620 Post by Vecna » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:55 am
Two of you are fucking liars
pot/kettle though