MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 52: You Can't Take The Sky From Me [HIDDEN]

#101 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:35 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:04 am
People who want to fill the thread with long-winded mechanics-based discussions to no immediate purpose are often scum, or Bozo.
Hard disagree.

ND

#102 Post by ND » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:36 am

e.m.c^42 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am
(you're safe ND, dw I'll cover!!!! for!! you!!!)
Thanks boo

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#103 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:38 am

xorxes wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:20 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:09 am
Xorxes, I'll tell you what.

If you want a massclaim, you can say so, and you can explain why you want a massclaim. Then, when you do that, I'll tell you if I agree - and if I don't agree, I'll explain clearly why.
OK.

This is where I started: most PRs can verify themselves, so counterclaims are unlikely, and recruiting them is also risky because they have to be recruited at some point when they can no longer verify themselves.

The worst case scenario after a massclaim would be reaching D5 (after shooting/mislynching 5 VTs, two PRs converted and 6 PRs NKd: 2-3-3-1

That would be the absolute worst case when we were completely incapable of finding a single scum to lynch. At that point Mafia have to kill each other if they don't want to lose.

Of course we may have all lost at this point if the neutral has already won, but that can happen with or without a massclaim, it's basically random depending on who their targets are and there's very little we can do about it other than finding the neutral soon. And with a massclaim the chances of finding the neutral increase.
I very much agree with xorxes analysis on the mass claim. We can't really worry about the neutral - we have no discernible way to parse who his targets are. We have a very solid amount of confirmable PRs that we can work out an optimal massclaim if we want to go that route.

That said, we know from pre-game that a few players such as worcej were firmly against it.

ND

#104 Post by ND » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:38 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:24 am
I'm going to Flavius this game. Pre-read thoughts:

If EMC doesn't vote within the first 24 hours, I'm policy lynching his ass.

If Kalel mentions his spreadsheet, I'm policy lynching his ass.

If Vecna and/or xorxes survive past day 4, lynch their asses.
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:10 pm
##CALL GM: What happens if Mafia1 and the Reaver target the same player N1? Does the player become a Reaver? Do they die?
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:21 pm
Dear Reaver: please do not recruit me. Mafia will kill me early, and even if I was mafia, I would be lynched early, I never make it very far into the game. So if you recruit me it's bad for me and bad for you. Lose-lose. Don't do it. Thank you.
Xorxes is Reaver Prime or on Mafia team 1. EZ game.

##Vote xorxes
No need for all that naughty language!! And also policy votes are pretty weak because it like mechanic hounds gives scum to cover their motivations. Thanks for acting all gruff and talking about all your policy vote intentions though but please for the children let's tone back the profanity.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#105 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:39 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:25 am
Greetings everyone, glad to be back in this madness. The flavor of this bout is pretty cool. Never did watch the show, sadly, so some of this is lost on me. I am a big history buff on the space race and such, so I'm surprised I never watched it. Must've just split my time between to many others back in the day.

I'm also happy to see peterlund's site has gotten so much more detailed! Wow, I remember making my own vote trackers back in previous rounds and they were such a pain. I guess there's no need for that now?

Also,
##VOTE DARG
Let the man go see his grandkids.
Hot take - goldie is scum.

ND

#106 Post by ND » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:39 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:
Greetings everyone, glad to be back in this madness. The flavor of this bout is pretty cool. Never did watch the show, sadly, so some of this is lost on me. I am a big history buff on the space race and such, so I'm surprised I never watched it. Must've just split my time between to many others back in the day.

I'm also happy to see peterlund's site has gotten so much more detailed! Wow, I remember making my own vote trackers back in previous rounds and they were such a pain. I guess there's no need for that now?

Also,
##VOTE DARG
Oh goodies a prepackaged and obvious prewritten post!! That's so lovely!!!!! Glad to have you back in this most welcoming community!!!

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#107 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:41 am

ND wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:38 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:24 am
I'm going to Flavius this game. Pre-read thoughts:

If EMC doesn't vote within the first 24 hours, I'm policy lynching his ass.

If Kalel mentions his spreadsheet, I'm policy lynching his ass.

If Vecna and/or xorxes survive past day 4, lynch their asses.
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:10 pm
##CALL GM: What happens if Mafia1 and the Reaver target the same player N1? Does the player become a Reaver? Do they die?
xorxes wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:21 pm
Dear Reaver: please do not recruit me. Mafia will kill me early, and even if I was mafia, I would be lynched early, I never make it very far into the game. So if you recruit me it's bad for me and bad for you. Lose-lose. Don't do it. Thank you.
Xorxes is Reaver Prime or on Mafia team 1. EZ game.

##Vote xorxes
No need for all that naughty language!! And also policy votes are pretty weak because it like mechanic hounds gives scum to cover their motivations. Thanks for acting all gruff and talking about all your policy vote intentions though but please for the children let's tone back the profanity.
lol fuck no

ND

#108 Post by ND » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:41 am

Chaqa is so judgemental omg

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#109 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:42 am

ND wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:41 am
Chaqa is so judgemental omg
Can we have toxic and vile ND back? Somehow that was more bearable than faux-concerned ND.

Jamiet99uk

#110 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:44 am

So Xorxes wants a massclaim and this makes Chaqa hard. Noted.

ND

#111 Post by ND » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:45 am

I am flabbergasted! I would never be toxic and vile! The mere thought of that offends my delicate feelings.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#112 Post by KalelChase » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:47 am

goldfinger0303 wrote:

Also,
##VOTE DARG
Gold... is your justification for this purely altruistic? A random shot is not great odds. Thanks for confirming.

KalelChase
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#113 Post by KalelChase » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:48 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:26 am
KalelChase wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:27 pm
e.m.c^42 wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:24 pm

Oh bless, our darlin' spreadsheet stats. If you actually make one share it lol, google sheets is good enough
I'm going to program the first Mafia Bot for this site someday. Maybe PeterL can help me. I wont confirm or deny that I have a new sheet because I was threatened if I brought it up... so I won't bring up (or share) my spreadsheet 4.0 (if it existed, which I'm not confirming).
##Vote Kalel
e.m.c. brought it up... I didn't, and I didn't confirm anything. Those words will not be typed by me.

Jamiet99uk

#114 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:50 am

Xorxes, Chaqa:

Since you are pushing the massclaim idea... We have 3 VTs, but 5 town think they are VT. Let's say the Mafia all claim VT too, to avoid CC's, then what's your prognosis? Up to 5 mislynches followed by a flawless town win?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#115 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:52 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:44 am
So Xorxes wants a massclaim and this makes Chaqa hard. Noted.
Eh, it's like a semi. I think it's logically sound but not in the spirit of the game.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#116 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:53 am

ND wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:45 am
I am flabbergasted! I would never be toxic and vile! The mere thought of that offends my delicate feelings.
:eyeroll:

ND

#117 Post by ND » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:54 am

A massclaim an hour into d1 is a pretty silly idea or scum motivated. One of the biggest issues last game were mechanic hounds who got away with saying alot of nothing under the cloak of saying alot. So, in my deep, ooh so deep, soul searching I've taken note of those types and personally am going to be looking at them very hard. ;)

xorxes

#118 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:59 am

ND wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:34 am
@Xorxes now is probably not the best time for a mass claim LOL. That's cute though.
D1 is usually the best time for this because it forces scum to decide what to do before they have a chance to consult with their teammates. It also lets the Vig take a safe shot day one (they target one who claimed VT, no chance of hitting a PR) and if lucky, they can take a second shot N1. And if lucky again, a third shot D2, and so on. With a reduced pool where to shoot, basically a 50% chance, and probably better if some of the VTs are obvtown, it's much more likely that they will hit scum and get more shots. The cop can also target someone useful D1 instead of a random target that may end up being a wasted scan. There's lots of good reasons to massclaim.

I want to hear any good reasons not to massclaim. "Breaks the spirit of the game" is not a good reason. One of the main rules of the game is not to play against your win condition, and not doing everything you can to win goes against your win condition.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#119 Post by Chaqa » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:00 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:50 am
Xorxes, Chaqa:

Since you are pushing the massclaim idea... We have 3 VTs, but 5 town think they are VT. Let's say the Mafia all claim VT too, to avoid CC's, then what's your prognosis? Up to 5 mislynches followed by a flawless town win?
We have a vigilante as well, and a cop. We would be able to give directions (cop scan X, vote Y, if Y flips town, vote Z, etc.)

I could put some more thorough thought into it if I thought it was actually a viable plan, but we would not likely get full commit from everyone.

xorxes

#120 Post by xorxes » Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:01 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:50 am
Xorxes, Chaqa:

Cop can scan one of the 10 VT claims. Vig can shoot another one, and can keep shooting if they hit scum.