Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: Mafia 47 - The Sixth Mass Extinction - GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#101 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:21 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:14 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:08 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:05 pm

If you were scum, what order would you kill the town roles in this game if you had your choice?
if xorxes is town. i kill him
if tom is town i kill him
after that nobodys a superstar. ok vecna. if vecnas town hes always a kill choice.

If I were scum id be pretty unafraid of the rest of the playerlist. dargo has good reads on me occasionally. as do you
I asked what roles, not what players. Your argument against mass claiming was that the scum could choose the roles they NK.
I think you are using this as a consultation tool to help give mafia optimized kills.

knowing what 5 or 7 roles are NOT in play does absolutely nothing to help town right now.
If the mafia knows what players are the good roles, they also learn what town roles arent in play.

All this info just gives scum a better idea of what they need to overcome.

brainbomb

#102 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:36 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:20 pm
Ive been playing mafia since the summer of 1874 and ive never seen a day 1 massclaim.

aye
This game is a good opportunity to make history then.
this also wastes towns roles that are self confirming

Foxcastle

#103 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:27 pm

I'm opposed to mass claim.

I don't think it will happen anyway, and I think if a partial massclaim happened, that'd be worse for exposing a bunch of information that scum could use while providing sufficient ambiguity/uncertainty for them to hide behind. And I think that keeping scum guessing is a better strategy than putting all the cards on the table, at which point they can build a counterstrategy to whatever plan we come up with.

The only benefit I see is that if it happened today before they can communicate, a scum might slip. Or if the scumteam all has to keep 2 roles straight, they might slip later. But again, that's only possible if it's a complete mass claim, and it's only a chance that it will happen (or that town will notice).

brainbomb

#104 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:33 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:51 pm
Also doesnt that give scum exactly the roles they know they gotta kill?
What roles do they have to kill? No town roles are so powerful that it is obvious.
Chimp – 1-shot vig
3. Dog – Tracker (turn 2/3)
4. Dugong – Mason
5. Eagle – Commuter (odd turns from 3)
6. Albatross – Lover
7. Octopus – Vote stealer (single use)
8. Ring Tailed Lemur – Doctor (turns 4+)
9. Crayfish – bulletproof (turn 1)
10. Gerrothorax – Jailer (turn 2,5,9)
11. Woolly Mammoth – Inno child (turn 7+)
14. Meerkat – Watcher (turn 3/4)
18. Anglerfish - Oracle
19. Llama – Mason
20. Stick Insect – 1 Use role cop

I would argue that if scum knew who was each of these it would be like going to an all you can eat chinese buffet. These are all pretty damn good roles.

brainbomb

#105 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:34 pm

I removed vanilla, but hell, even knowing who is vanilla tailors and optimizes night kills

brainbomb

#106 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:44 pm

##Vote bozotheclown

I cant believe you actually think this would happen, like ever - much less that youd think its a good idea this specific game.

its definetely not

Foxcastle

#107 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:44 pm
##Vote bozotheclown

I cant believe you actually think this would happen, like ever - much less that youd think its a good idea this specific game.

its definetely not
Doesn't Bozo do this kinda every game, though? I feel like this is a pretty weak play for scum in general.

brainbomb

#108 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
##Vote bozotheclown

its definetely not
Doesn't Bozo do this kinda every game, though? I feel like this is a pretty weak play for scum in general.
id like you to repost this in the form of a non question.

the way youve written this looks like an admiral akbar trappost where If I say its NAI it just lets him out of it, and if I say hes scum- and im wrong youll be the first to say I shouldve known better

And what I really dont like is you ignored what I was saying by turning it into a meta argument in his favor. And.. while ill begrudginly admit yes he does do gimmicks like this, I find this one in particular to be a bit more sinister than usual.

brainbomb

#109 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:15 pm

I feel gaslighted

Foxcastle

#110 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
##Vote bozotheclown

its definetely not

the way youve written this looks like an admiral akbar trappost where If I say its NAI it just lets him out of it, and if I say hes scum- and im wrong youll be the first to say I shouldve known better

And what I really dont like is you ignored what I was saying by turning it into a meta argument in his favor. And.. while ill begrudginly admit yes he does do gimmicks like this, I find this one in particular to be a bit more sinister than usual.
1) I've gotten so much shit over so many games for having a hedgy playstyle that I'm not going to quit now.

2) Since when do you play hypotheticals about what people would do? You're good at coming up with potential motivations, but I don't recall you talking about people laying traps for you.

3) I don't need to address what you said because I already agreed with it.

bozotheclown

#111 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 pm

flash2015 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:17 pm
I don't see the point of the mass claim if scum have been given fake roles to claim.
It locks in each scum into one fake role so that a scum about to be lynched can't claim the best of the fake roles to avoid a lynch. Also, a number of the town roles can be proven or disproven, so if a scum is forced to claim one of these roles, he could be revealed as claiming a fake role.

bozotheclown

#112 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:23 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:23 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:36 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:20 pm
Ive been playing mafia since the summer of 1874 and ive never seen a day 1 massclaim.

aye
This game is a good opportunity to make history then.
this also wastes towns roles that are self confirming
The fact that some town roles are self confirming is one of the significant benefits of forcing scum to claim roles.

brainbomb

#113 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:26 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:21 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

1) I've gotten so much shit over so many games for having a hedgy playstyle that I'm not going to quit now.

2) Since when do you play hypotheticals about what people would do? You're good at coming up with potential motivations, but I don't recall you talking about people laying traps for you.

3) I don't need to address what you said because I already agreed with it.
All I ever do is play hypotheticals. from what maf said in maf chat, to who maf is scared of, to almost absurd w/w connections, and perceptual hypothetical slips.

As for laying traps I talk about peoples actions from a paranoid perspective in every game ive ever played. This isnt different. I could easily see you laying traps for me knowing my tendencies

bozotheclown

#114 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:32 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:27 pm

I don't think it will happen anyway, and I think if a partial massclaim happened, that'd be worse for exposing a bunch of information that scum could use while providing sufficient ambiguity/uncertainty for them to hide behind. And I think that keeping scum guessing is a better strategy than putting all the cards on the table, at which point they can build a counterstrategy to whatever plan we come up with.

The only benefit I see is that if it happened today before they can communicate, a scum might slip. Or if the scumteam all has to keep 2 roles straight, they might slip later. But again, that's only possible if it's a complete mass claim, and it's only a chance that it will happen (or that town will notice).
There are two significant benefits that I have already stated besides the benefit you stated.

If a majority agree to the mass claim, we can lynch among those who do not agree until they claim.

brainbomb

#115 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:33 pm

##Unvote

Im gonna let more stuff happen. Im jumping at minutae and stuff that doesnt really resonate yet.

Vaporwave

#116 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm

##VOTE bozo

because I can

bozotheclown

#117 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm

Foxcastle wrote:

The scum already know more than town about what town roles exist. We can prevent them from using this to their advantage if we claim our roles.

Vaporwave

#118 Post by Vaporwave » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:45 pm

until I update myself with these 6ix pages

brainbomb

#119 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:49 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Foxcastle wrote:

The scum already know more than town about what town roles exist. We can prevent them from using this to their advantage if we claim our roles.

This is news. The scum know more than town right now about what roles of towns are in play??

I did not see this posted anywhere?

brainbomb

#120 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:50 pm

Actually I get what you mean now.