Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Spartaculous

Re: Mafia 88: Murder at the Meadery - GAME THREAD

#1681 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:50 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:43 pm
On page 80 you listed Rdr as NULL.
On page 81 you voted for Rdr apparently because Ghug said "I think rd is scum."
Now you are starting to strongly scumread the person who was a nullread for you until his wagon started to gain traction.

Can you explain your thought progression here?
Scratch this question.

On Page 80 you were quoting Will's reads, but without using the quote function. My mistake.
I see the scratch, and I'm sorry I confused you, but I typed this up anyways, so I will post my reasoning.

I have had two long pieces: one last night (on statistics), and one this morning (on Will's past play as Mafia).

In my first piece (page 71), I suggest the presence of multiple bussers, and posit rdrivera and Bonatogether as the most likely candidate. On page 78, I reiterated my view that rdrivera deserved a lot more attention. (He responded by basically challenging me to vote him.)

In my second piece (page 80), I go through Will's reads. I didn't list rdrivera as "NULL"; that was a quote of Will's Day 1. I went on to make the case that the Mafia were *not* town-read by Will (with the exception of LoW, for obvious reasons), so rdrivera being a "NULL" for Will was consistent with my theory.

So I was already thinking to vote for rdrivera even before ghug's post.

Spartaculous

#1683 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 6:57 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:42 pm
Remaining scum predictions:

Vecna: Hamilton sweetandcool worcej
ghug: bozo Hamilton rdrivera
bozo: Bonatogether rdrivera worcej
sweetandcool: Vecna rdrivera LoW
Jamie: LoW bozo damo/rdrivera/sweetandcool
Spartaculous: rdrivera LoW Bonatogether
Any more takers here?

Hamilton Brian?
Lord of Words?
damo?
Balki?

Jamiet99uk

#1684 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat May 04, 2024 6:59 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Scratch this question.

On Page 80 you were quoting Will's reads, but without using the quote function. My mistake.
I see the scratch, and I'm sorry I confused you, but I typed this up anyways, so I will post my reasoning.

I have had two long pieces: one last night (on statistics), and one this morning (on Will's past play as Mafia).

In my first piece (page 71), I suggest the presence of multiple bussers, and posit rdrivera and Bonatogether as the most likely candidate. On page 78, I reiterated my view that rdrivera deserved a lot more attention. (He responded by basically challenging me to vote him.)

In my second piece (page 80), I go through Will's reads. I didn't list rdrivera as "NULL"; that was a quote of Will's Day 1. I went on to make the case that the Mafia were *not* town-read by Will (with the exception of LoW, for obvious reasons), so rdrivera being a "NULL" for Will was consistent with my theory.

Thanks for the commentary.

I think that Balki's question is important. Would two scum really bus their Godfather that hard on D1? Godfather can be quite a useful role.
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

BunnyGo

#1685 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 7:00 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:53 pm
I’m a little surprised that so many people are prioritizing killing people who cast pretty decisive votes on Godfather. I get that rdrivera and sweet are not clear, but Day 2 kill? I feel like y’all are being too cute. Losing Godfather on Day 1 was a very bad outcome for Scum.
This.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1686 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 7:02 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:57 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:42 pm
Remaining scum predictions:

Vecna: Hamilton sweetandcool worcej
ghug: bozo Hamilton rdrivera
bozo: Bonatogether rdrivera worcej
sweetandcool: Vecna rdrivera LoW
Jamie: LoW bozo damo/rdrivera/sweetandcool
Spartaculous: rdrivera LoW Bonatogether
Any more takers here?

Hamilton Brian?
Lord of Words?
damo?
Balki?
I still think it’s Sparta and bozo.

I hate the sweet and rdr wagons. Not happy about Vecna either.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

Spartaculous

#1687 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 7:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:59 pm
Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Scratch this question.

Thanks for the commentary.

I think that Balki's question is important. Would two scum really bus their Godfather that hard on D1? Godfather can be quite a useful role.
I agree it is an important question. I'm certainly not convinced that both Bonatogether and rdrivera bussed on Day 1. But I bet at least one of them did.

BunnyGo

#1688 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 pm

To the people impressed by Sparta’s statistics work: do you think a new player who has been told he’s not seen hunting has that beyond his abilities? It said nothing about actually reading THIS game. It was just old game research which he was then able to apply to this game.

##vote sparta

Lord of Words

#1689 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 7:06 pm

Just posting this to get it down, but I don't really see a world where scum bosses their Godfather since that is the player most likely to be useful in the endgame.

Godfather paranoia exists for a reason.

I can a scenario where they cut their losses once realizing their Godfather is cooked, but that is an entirely different beast.

sweetandcool

#1690 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 7:07 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:05 pm
To the people impressed by Sparta’s statistics work: do you think a new player who has been told he’s not seen hunting has that beyond his abilities? It said nothing about actually reading THIS game. It was just old game research which he was then able to apply to this game.

##vote sparta
I agree that Sparta has gotten too much town cred for it.

But I also think there are several better candidates currently.

sweetandcool

#1691 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 7:09 pm

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:06 pm
Just posting this to get it down, but I don't really see a world where scum bosses their Godfather since that is the player most likely to be useful in the endgame.

Godfather paranoia exists for a reason.

I can a scenario where they cut their losses once realizing their Godfather is cooked, but that is an entirely different beast.
Last Godfather we had was me. And I was hell bussed by Will ):

BunnyGo

#1692 Post by BunnyGo » Sat May 04, 2024 7:10 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:07 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

##vote sparta

Two of the candidates are Just voters (one is YOU)

One is Vecna :sick:

And Vecna convinced me that Lord doubling down was towny

sweetandcool

#1693 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 7:12 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:10 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

##vote sparta

Vecna is scum.

Lord may well be scum.

And I'm towning you, but I do worry about the possibility that I've incorrectly given you a free pass.

Lord of Words

#1694 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 7:15 pm

BunnyGo wrote:

##vote sparta
What about newbie immunity?

I'm not saying I put complete credence in everything Spart says and I definitely wide-eyed anyone Will has put as strong Town in this game (which includes Jamie and I, full disclosure), but still.

sweetandcool

#1695 Post by sweetandcool » Sat May 04, 2024 7:16 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:10 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

##vote sparta

It makes sense that LoW and Vecna would be a team.

Imagine after that D1, Vecna comes up with the plan for LoW to post that bizarre reads list. LoW is a veteran and could easily pull it off if that was the plan. Vecna could then defend them by correctly pointing out that LoW would be unfamiliar with the UI and the bot, etc.

I mean, it's possible that LoW is Town and is just playing poorly for IRL reasons and unfamiliarity with the bot, etc.

But it is just as possible that his team planned for him to play this way. And Vecna is just playing support.

bozotheclown

#1696 Post by bozotheclown » Sat May 04, 2024 7:17 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
I’m a little surprised that so many people are prioritizing killing people who cast pretty decisive votes on Godfather. I get that rdrivera and sweet are not clear, but Day 2 kill? I feel like y’all are being too cute. Losing Godfather on Day 1 was a very bad outcome for Scum.
What is your best guess for the remaining mafia? Does it not include any bussers?

Spartaculous

#1697 Post by Spartaculous » Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 pm

Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:15 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

##vote sparta

I'm not saying I put complete credence in everything Spart says and I definitely wide-eyed anyone Will has put as strong Town in this game (which includes Jamie and I, full disclosure), but still.
Who are your three top predictions for the remaining Mafia?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1698 Post by ghug » Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 pm

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Check out Sparta's analysis. When we kill scum D1 here, it's usually a function of heavy bussing.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1699 Post by Hamilton Brian » Sat May 04, 2024 7:23 pm

Cop eh dayum as they say in Boston Canada.

My scum are Vecna, Damo, and I’m coming around on LoW

I’m good with a Vecna death and it’s not omgus

Lord of Words

#1700 Post by Lord of Words » Sat May 04, 2024 7:24 pm

Spartaculous wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:20 pm
Lord of Words wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 7:15 pm
BunnyGo wrote:

##vote sparta

Who are your three top predictions for the remaining Mafia?
Sweet is my strongest hunch, but Jamie and maybe Bunny.

I have alternative theories, but not enough evidence to act on them.