Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#2221 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:32 am

and to fully confirm who is the lobbyist, bob, damo, frog, chaqa and myself should not vote on the same wagons. Because those are all the targets from the people who got the SUCCESS message and might have double vote power.

brainbomb

#2222 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:33 am

I dont wanna try to wrap my head around this tonight - but ill review it and see what I think.

killing food seems really bad. like really really anti town

Kakarroto

#2223 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:35 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:30 am
eliminating food would probably give scum a chance to crawl back in this game because food is unmistakably town here. hes the vocal town leader and in ways that cant be faked at all
those are words I would not use for how I see food this game.

brainbomb

#2224 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:36 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:35 am
brainbomb wrote:
eliminating food would probably give scum a chance to crawl back in this game because food is unmistakably town here. hes the vocal town leader and in ways that cant be faked at all
who is top town then

Kakarroto

#2225 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:40 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:33 am
I dont wanna try to wrap my head around this tonight - but ill review it and see what I think.

killing food seems really bad. like really really anti town
yeah, take your time.

I also want to have everyone look and test my list, I'm neither infallible nor omniscient. I think it's a pretty good view of the game, but if it doesn't hold true to testing, it has to be wrong at some point at least.

I'm also sad that bob, who was online for a bit, didn't post or comment on my guess. Not that he has to claim, but if I'm correct what he got, that would really increase my confidence in that list.

brainbomb

#2226 Post by brainbomb » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:40 am

anyway, ill think it over but im not seeing it based on anything

Kakarroto

#2227 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:47 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:36 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:35 am
brainbomb wrote:
who is top town then
my top three were frog, sweet and you. Bunny and jamie were in my top five. But I think, most people would say that bozo is the one leader to follow for his suggestion of the plan.

food? He was overly confident that the plan came from town and didn't question anything, switched definitions around and tried to push a certain view without thinking about it, as if having a hidden agenda. That's not a vocal town leader, that's a propaganda minister. Now that doesn't necessarily make him mafia, but it's quite possible, and I sure ain't following someone like that.

Kakarroto

#2228 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:49 am

brainbomb wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:40 am
anyway, ill think it over but im not seeing it based on anything
sure, please do so, I could just oversee something or make a huge mistake and just because everything fits and it also converses with my view for many people, I could be blind for the real state of the game.

Don't think so, but possible.

Kakarroto

#2229 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:53 am

Then again, if someone hides that they got on top of his return message a message that told them their role, then bozo lies and is mafia with damo and that would explain why bozo wasn't hit yesternight.

Kakarroto

#2230 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:54 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:53 am
Then again, if someone hides that they got on top of his return message a message that told them their role, then bozo lies and is mafia with damo and that would explain why bozo wasn't hit yesternight.
*and should inform us about that

(maybe if they are afraid or want more info at EoN or so)

Kakarroto

#2231 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:04 am

TheMadMonarch

#2232 Post by TheMadMonarch » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:10 am

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:18 am
TheMadMonarch wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:41 pm
Additional Rules:

This is the order of operations:
[...]
15 Mafia NK
16 Gerrymander-er (not in this game)
17 Lobbyist
18 Door-Darter
19 Paper Delivery Boy
20 News Host
21 E-Mail Hacker
22 Mail Man

If you get NK'd and your role is number 16-22, you won't perform it.

There is no "you have been roleblocked" message. If your role would normally receive a result of some kind, you will receive a "failure" message if it can't be performed for any reason (RB, protection, etc).

You cannot self-target.
Foodcoats claims to have targeted BunnyGo and to have received a return of "Failure." It's possible that he was one of these last 6 roles and could not perform his action due to BunnyGo having been killed. It's also possible that he had a normal Success/failure role within the first 14 roles to move in the order of operations (sicko, doctor, or curfew enforcer).

Sicko is on the scum team.

Doctor wouldn't make sense here assuming Foodcoast was telling the truth about his target and his return.

##CALL GM Does Curfew Enforcer prevent the target from being NK'd? If not, this role is still a plausible match for Foodcoats assuming he was telling the truth about his target and his return.

It's also possible that Foodcoats is scum, knew BunnyGo was going to be the nightkill, and claimed failure so he could be mapped to one of those roles but it's not like the options there are that plentiful since 1 is scum and at least one of the others is impossible or a lie.

Again pls jump in if I am getting this wrong or forgetting possibilities. Trying to do this kinda fast and I'm not triple-checking
If they hit the person doing the NK, yes. If they hit the NK target, no.

TheMadMonarch

#2233 Post by TheMadMonarch » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:12 am

Vote count 2.2

Jamiet99uk (3) foodcoats, brainbomb, Nephthys
foodcoats (2) lfischl, Kakarroto
lfischl (1) sweetandcool*

Many people must still vote. 35 hours remain.

Kakarroto

#2234 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:20 am

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:18 am
TheMadMonarch wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:41 pm
Additional Rules:

This is the order of operations:
[...]
15 Mafia NK
16 Gerrymander-er (not in this game)
17 Lobbyist
18 Door-Darter
19 Paper Delivery Boy
20 News Host
21 E-Mail Hacker
22 Mail Man

If you get NK'd and your role is number 16-22, you won't perform it.

There is no "you have been roleblocked" message. If your role would normally receive a result of some kind, you will receive a "failure" message if it can't be performed for any reason (RB, protection, etc).

You cannot self-target.
Foodcoats claims to have targeted BunnyGo and to have received a return of "Failure." It's possible that he was one of these last 6 roles and could not perform his action due to BunnyGo having been killed. It's also possible that he had a normal Success/failure role within the first 14 roles to move in the order of operations (sicko, doctor, or curfew enforcer).

Sicko is on the scum team.

Doctor wouldn't make sense here assuming Foodcoast was telling the truth about his target and his return.

##CALL GM Does Curfew Enforcer prevent the target from being NK'd? If not, this role is still a plausible match for Foodcoats assuming he was telling the truth about his target and his return.

It's also possible that Foodcoats is scum, knew BunnyGo was going to be the nightkill, and claimed failure so he could be mapped to one of those roles but it's not like the options there are that plentiful since 1 is scum and at least one of the others is impossible or a lie.

Again pls jump in if I am getting this wrong or forgetting possibilities. Trying to do this kinda fast and I'm not triple-checking
17 Lobbyist - maybe, but if we find out one of the five targets from players with SUCCESS got double vote today, food can't be that
18 Door-Darter - would require both sweet AND chaqa lying
19 Paper Delivery Boy - would damo and bozo out as mafia
20 News Host - can't be since news broadcast happened
21 E-Mail Hacker - maybe
22 Mail Man - would require brainbomb lying

Frogsterking

#2235 Post by Frogsterking » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:27 am

I haven't slept yet

##vote Foodcoats

Get this scum bucket outta here

Frogsterking

#2236 Post by Frogsterking » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:28 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:32 am
and to fully confirm who is the lobbyist, bob, damo, frog, chaqa and myself should not vote on the same wagons. Because those are all the targets from the people who got the SUCCESS message and might have double vote power.
Ah well shit

##BK3K

Frogsterking

#2237 Post by Frogsterking » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:32 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:28 am
Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:32 am
Ah well shit

##BK3K
This might be a little impractical though right, we can't afford to split the wagons too hard with 5 scum up and town still divided.

Kakarroto

#2238 Post by Kakarroto » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:35 am

Well, we don't need to confirm lobbyist today. If there is a divided opinion in town, we might get two or even three different 'buckets' for the SUCCESS targets anyway. And that would give us already much information, who couldn't be lobbyist.

BobMcBob

#2239 Post by BobMcBob » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:43 am

This is going to take so much brainpower to catch up with. I'm thankful you're doing a lot of the work for us Kak, but I'm still gonna need to do a lot of catching up

Frogsterking

#2240 Post by Frogsterking » Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:51 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:35 am
Well, we don't need to confirm lobbyist today. If there is a divided opinion in town, we might get two or even three different 'buckets' for the SUCCESS targets anyway. And that would give us already much information, who couldn't be lobbyist.
I think this is a good goal. I'm down with the foodcoats wagon obviously but I'll try to grow a wagon somewhere else. Hopefully I'm not wagoning the town in BK3K-Hamilton-wocrk. I think it's fair to expect we'll try our best to keep our votes apart but when push comes to shove we need the numbers on the right wagon to kill scum.
brainbomb wrote:
It's manipulation IMO. I think he got in our heads for a while. He's a good writer.