Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#1481 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:45 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:57 pm
lfischl wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:57 pm
Frogsterking wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:56 pm

None of the top wagons help my PoE. I nominated BK for a flash wagon so that's where my vote is.
I would join if you got more
Dare you.

##Vote BK3K
Jamie-BK not a pair
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

sweetandcool

#1482 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:46 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:34 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:24 am
I seem to remember drunk bunny (tm) being more coherent and switched on than this. Is that really you drunk bunny (tm)? Do you have any tinfoil theories or crazy ideas?
yeah...need to read.

I can' hold my liquor as much anymor.

BUT yeah...

heart seems scummy just talknig to people he knows and ducking.

TOWN:

me (BUNNY!)
Just (RIP!)
Ham B
food
Bob
Dip(?) i don't think a noob scum would pla this hard and silent both
brain
jaime

SCUM:

heart
sweet(...? actually starting to question... scheisse)
froggy?
damo?
bk

Non scum pairs:

food-worc
kaka-heart
neph-kaka

need some more thoughts...

how do peple pronounc "worcej"?!
Vor-sedge

Frogsterking

#1483 Post by Frogsterking » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:48 am

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:44 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:25 am
heartthrob24909 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 3:24 pm
I’m gonna try to check in periodically throughout the day, but I’ll be most active again in the last hour of the phase. Sorry, weekends are busy. I’m on page 20something.

For now,
##vote Bob McBob

At this early stage (and unfortunate disclaimer that I’m not fully caught up) what stands out to me the most is how many different conversations/arguments revolved around lfischl due to what was for me, at the time, not a whole lot to go on (granted idrk him but I think we were mafia togeth when I played a year ago).

I find Bob McBob and Just McWill’s inconsistency in their early reads re lfischl to be kinda eyebrow raising but I feel more comfortable casting a vote for Bob since I think I’ll have an easing time reading Just further down the line.
This isn't great..
What don't you like?
The stuff about inconsistency looks like something I'd expect scum to say as an excuse to vote out townies. How do you feel about your friend ghosting the game and then reappearing to vote out obvtown?

sweetandcool

#1484 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:50 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:37 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:36 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:06 am

Tell me abouh last game. What'd yo uthink of your play?
Last game was wretched by all metrics. The only clever thing I did well is roleplay as the Investigator, and that didn't end up working.

This game I am pleased because I've been avoiding getting angry and being unpleasant. Definitely the worst thing about last game.
why were you angry and unpleasant?
I think you already know the answer.

I was being scummed by multiple people because I claimed I could make reads independent of my alignment.

Which is the equivalent of scumming me because I like drinking tea.

foodcoats

#1485 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:50 am

Chaqa wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:30 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:23 am

I'm very much a fan of the theorizing back and forth debates. I don't care much for reading essays. I want a more natural dialogue.

I do also like mechs, I just don't think we should be lost in them, and I don't really like any "adhere or be anti-town" nonsense
Do you think that if we claim our results there is no room for theorizing and debate? Nevermind the influence of scum! I think this is much less of an Excel formula than you think it is.

I understand why you would not like “adhere or be anti-town.”

Let’s say we put aside the idea of a prescriptive targeting. Are you opposed to claiming your target and return in the morning?
No. I expect lots of people to do so. I might. I haven't really given it any thought yet.
The most important thing to consider, in my opinion, is that we can’t draw any meaningful clues from our returns without cross-referencing to other claimed returns. If we don’t claim, we basically throw away our powers. I suspect scum will not throw away theirs!

I think that if we don’t all claim, we make it harder for ALL town players to fully understand the meaning of their powers (consider getting a “town” return in isolation; who are you and what do you know?). Whoever does not claim actively deprives others of the fun of their role - and deprives themselves of the chance to learn valuable information and contribute to a shared Team Town victory!

Also, given that scum aren’t all vanilla goons, we are extra pooched if we don’t try to use our powers!

sweetandcool

#1486 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:52 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:42 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:53 pm
Wow RIP Will, and I feel like this is his best D1 ever ):
WTF IS THIS POST?!
Will tends to aggravate me (sorry Will). Not only did he not this game, but he made a lot of sense to me.

heartthrob24909

#1487 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:52 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:59 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:58 am
heartthrob24909 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:59 pm
@BunnyGo : if you were the vigilante, would you use a shot on sweetandcool during D1?
D1....hmmm...

i never miss as vigilante (that stopid shot on bona excepted--sorry bofa). But damn, Dumb Bunny (TM) was pretty sure about it. I thnk he's kinda a jerk though.

He told the GT that he was going to not push sweet too hard so sweet didn't go to ground and instead led us to the rest of his team. Then what did that dumb fuck do? He went after sweet right away. Dumb Bunny (TM) has no discipline.

I think I'd save the shot for later. Nobody is killing me at nightt...so I'd shoot later when the scum get hard er to find.
On second thought...would shoot heart...scummy heart looking like hurting. Push question on me (he watched me play vig 2 times at same tmie), push question on PoshSpice his buddy. He poshing his friends to look like he playing.
I'm offended that you think scum!me would be that lazy!

Frogsterking

#1488 Post by Frogsterking » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:53 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:50 am
Chaqa wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Do you think that if we claim our results there is no room for theorizing and debate? Nevermind the influence of scum! I think this is much less of an Excel formula than you think it is.

Let’s say we put aside the idea of a prescriptive targeting. Are you opposed to claiming your target and return in the morning?
No. I expect lots of people to do so. I might. I haven't really given it any thought yet.
The most important thing to consider, in my opinion, is that we can’t draw any meaningful clues from our returns without cross-referencing to other claimed returns. If we don’t claim, we basically throw away our powers. I suspect scum will not throw away theirs!

I think that if we don’t all claim, we make it harder for ALL town players to fully understand the meaning of their powers (consider getting a “town” return in isolation; who are you and what do you know?). Whoever does not claim actively deprives others of the fun of their role - and deprives themselves of the chance to learn valuable information and contribute to a shared Team Town victory!

Also, given that scum aren’t all vanilla goons, we are extra pooched if we don’t try to use our powers!
Yes and 5 scum in 20 is an amount that implies we are getting a lot of value from the setup.

foodcoats

#1489 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:54 am

A question for all the good people…

Who thinks that scum don’t care about us mass claiming?

SCUM CARE ABOUT TOWN MASS CLAIMING
3…

SCUM DON’T CARE ABOUT TOWN MASS CLAIMING
3…

heartthrob24909

#1490 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:56 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:09 am
heartthrob24909 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:25 pm
BK3K wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:37 am

ok, i can see this. add neph to the scum pool and will to the town pool
What here inspires promoting Just to your small but mighty town pool? Posting a take you agree with?
heart only inceracting ith peple he knows irl....is bad...is not town!heart
Best I could do so far during a phase where I wasn't that available, and there was a lot more to catch up on than I'm used to.

BunnyGo

#1491 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:59 am

would scum! chaq argue about this?

yes...?

shit...

no way town!heart ends on vanity. or disappears with 14 minutes and a teammate on the chopping blocj

why'd damo end on vanity?

scum team:

heart, sweet, froggy, neph?

I think there's some nice symmetry there and had good interactions between them all.

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1492 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:00 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:54 am
A question for all the good people…

Who thinks that scum don’t care about us mass claiming?

SCUM CARE ABOUT TOWN MASS CLAIMING
1. BUNNY
3…

SCUM DON’T CARE ABOUT TOWN MASS CLAIMING
3…

BunnyGo

#1493 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:01 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:52 am
BunnyGo wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:53 pm
Wow RIP Will, and I feel like this is his best D1 ever ):
WTF IS THIS POST?!
Will tends to aggravate me (sorry Will). Not only did he not this game, but he made a lot of sense to me.
he wasn't even dead...

BunnyGo

#1494 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:02 am

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:56 am
BunnyGo wrote:
heartthrob24909 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:25 pm

What here inspires promoting Just to your small but mighty town pool? Posting a take you agree with?
Best I could do so far during a phase where I wasn't that available, and there was a lot more to catch up on than I'm used to.
heartthrob24909 wrote:
<snip>

BK3K

#1495 Post by BK3K » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:03 am

foodcoats wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Food town. Flavor town?

BunnyGo

#1496 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:03 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:02 am
heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:56 am
BunnyGo wrote:

heartthrob24909 wrote:
<snip>
Town!heart knows a bunch of these players by now. Has been fooled by worcej. Tangod with Jimbo.

You know who they are. Why aren't you interacting with htem?

Frogsterking

#1497 Post by Frogsterking » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:05 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 6:27 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:39 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:30 am

I thought you helped come up with the idea for this game. Why do you think in a game where every player is a PR that we should not try to use that to our advantage?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the main gimmick of this setup is that nobody knows what they are. I have a suspicion that this may have been to directly combat mech clears while still having a lot of silly roles. Also I just don't like D1 mechs discussion. Mostly that.
aren't there some maf-roles that 'eff' with PR roles? *looks* hmm, well, there is one kinda RB, and the rest are information gain roles. So ok, the potential isn't too great.

Still, one role which blocks and that could lead to a chain reaction so people don't get their supposed information (like, if the rb hit a role that scans a role, but that person was targeted by a role that returns what their target gets, and so on). If mafia knows what town generally plans, there are ways for them to manipulate.

We should be very cautious for any big plans that are complicated. I would prefer if everyone decides for themselves as that would also show us their thought process (at least partially), but if we decide to make a plan for all of us, then it should be one that is fool proof and doesn't let mafia much room for manipulations (well I doubt there will be none, but I haven't thought it through so maybe there is).
Ehh

heartthrob24909

#1498 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:06 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:48 am
heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:44 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:25 am

This isn't great..
What don't you like?
The stuff about inconsistency looks like something I'd expect scum to say as an excuse to vote out townies. How do you feel about your friend ghosting the game and then reappearing to vote out obvtown?
It was definitely an unexpected opening move. Didn't present her favorably at all but I think what's worse is that she didn't stick around to see the result.

sweetandcool

#1499 Post by sweetandcool » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:08 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:01 am
sweetandcool wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

WTF IS THIS POST?!
he wasn't even dead...
I'm pretty darn good at predicting D1 DK. Posted it because Will seemed doomed. Of course BK3K ended up really taking off, but in the end it was Will.

Orrrrrrr maybe I was just commanding my scummates to execute Will.

heartthrob24909

#1500 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:09 am

foodcoats wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Count me as a YEA vote for the coordinated targeting strategy. Hadn't weighed in prior bc I was more on the fence than I thought I'd be (basically bc of how the last game ended up feeling towards the end - I was missing entire phases because the game was mechanically solved and at least one day was hammered in under 3 hours).