Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#1441 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:11 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:08 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:06 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:05 am

I care more about the game being interesting and fun than winning. Although I would like to win too, i just have other ways I prefer going about it. If you guys wanna have fun filling in sodoku boxes, go ahead.
isn't this partially your design? What'd you expect people to do in such a game?
I'm gonna be honest it's 4 years since we came up with it. I can't remember how we expected it to work exactly.
OK...so look...what's the fun of a game wher FIVE scum know their powers and 13 town don't?! is like watching babis plaing with fire pokers next to wood stove.

IT's fun to place some money on it, but we know how will end.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1442 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:12 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:09 am
foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:54 am
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:49 am

If I wanted to solve a formula, I'd be playing Excel.
So do you think that if we actually all coordinate and claim that it will be completely deduction and we will basically autosolve the game as lfishcl is worried about? Do you think the design is that flawed?
I think any role madness game is probably flawed, and I've run a lot of them. But tbh I just don't think it's fun to just play logic puzzle with who said who and what result. It sounds tedious and like one or two people get to figure it all out and the rest of us just have to go along with it.
how's the game chage if we all know our roles? is it over?

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

BunnyGo

#1443 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:13 am

I don't think Drunk Bunny (TM) has come to play since I left lockdown....this si nice throwback

BK3K

#1444 Post by BK3K » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:15 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:03 am
babyspice666 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 pm
hi still here and reading, promise i will vote before the day ends
who are you spicegirlz? tolk to us...be our friends, show us your brains, iour delicious brains.

We cant play like this. why you kill will? he dumb but cute. and you killed him. so why? i don't get it.
I feel like you’re hamming up the typos. NAI but that’s what I feel

BunnyGo

#1445 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:15 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:29 pm
Y'all are moving too fast on me.

I love all this crap about scumtells because that's exactly what I think it is...

I mean even the glaring former examples of "low post volume" have been dispelled.

I am not inclined to consider sweet as scum.
I am inclined to give lfishl the benefit of the doubt for D1.
Chaqa seems to be playing to type...sits there in the duckblind quietly while watching for the birdies to fly out.

I agree with Kak; I don't see these tells.
WELCOME TO COWN TORE!!

BunnyGo

#1446 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:16 am

BK3K wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:15 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:03 am
babyspice666 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:09 pm
hi still here and reading, promise i will vote before the day ends
who are you spicegirlz? tolk to us...be our friends, show us your brains, iour delicious brains.

We cant play like this. why you kill will? he dumb but cute. and you killed him. so why? i don't get it.
I feel like you’re hamming up the typos. NAI but that’s what I feel
feel this !

foodcoats

#1447 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:16 am

Chaqa wrote:
foodcoats wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:49 am

If I wanted to solve a formula, I'd be playing Excel.
So do you think that if we actually all coordinate and claim that it will be completely deduction and we will basically autosolve the game as lfishcl is worried about? Do you think the design is that flawed?
I think any role madness game is probably flawed, and I've run a lot of them. But tbh I just don't think it's fun to just play logic puzzle with who said who and what result. It sounds tedious and like one or two people get to figure it all out and the rest of us just have to go along with it.
Okay, so what things are fun in Mafia for you?

BunnyGo

#1448 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:18 am

Frogsterking wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:35 pm
##vote BK3K

I nominate this for a flash wagon. Of the existing top wagons I'd vote sweetandcool. I'm with family and trying to get a hang of the bot on my phone.
why did froggy wana flash us?

and someune darnk my tequla

foodcoats

#1449 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:18 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:08 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:06 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:05 am

I care more about the game being interesting and fun than winning. Although I would like to win too, i just have other ways I prefer going about it. If you guys wanna have fun filling in sodoku boxes, go ahead.
isn't this partially your design? What'd you expect people to do in such a game?
I'm gonna be honest it's 4 years since we came up with it. I can't remember how we expected it to work exactly.
Can you draw out a narrative of this setup happening in a way that is fun and interesting for you? For example what would a fun and interesting D2 entail in your opinion?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1450 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:20 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:12 am
Chaqa wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Everyone will have claimed a role and then we just have to go through the CCs.

BunnyGo

#1451 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:20 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:37 pm
Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:20 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:15 pm
This scumtell stuff is going to look really silly when I flip.

I'm not voting fisch because I really don't understand the case against them either way.

In fact, I'm a better flip because of this scum tell nonsense. It's never going away so I'm a guaranteed MK at some point.
I also have no idea what they think they saw. Like totally oblivious. I think you have a small chance of being mafia, but I think you're not.

But, if you are the target today, it would be nice to have your thoughts on file. I think we could use them for the future. Not only your reads, also your thoughts for the bozo system with randomization. Do you like it? Do you want changes? Should we not do it?

And other stuff you think we can use and/or are important.
I'm sorry I can't play properly on Sundays. Which is going to be my demise yet again.

People scum me D1 because I don't care and I hate D1 and don't know anything. And then I find sweet relief once I've found a reasonable vote, as either alignment.

If I survive D1, I tend to stay in game because I can put up some nice (not necessarily accurate) cases together and I work hard. But until they see that work, which they will not see on a Sunday, then they scum read me.

I can't add anything new, some of my thoughts should be clear from my ISO, Kak. Sorry that's all I have.
dud I biss that sweet is religius?

BunnyGo

#1452 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:21 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:20 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

ah......

BunnyGo

#1453 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:23 am

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:42 pm
##vote lfischl

Of the leading wagons his is the one I am most actively curious about flipping. So many people talked about his meta specifically today that this might be insightful either way.

I feel like Just and Sweet are constantly scumread so I don't assign a whole lot of credibility to those wagons at this point before having gotten D1 results and doing a reread.
...is strang vote.

why did scum!Heart do this?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1454 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:23 am

foodcoats wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:16 am
Chaqa wrote:
foodcoats wrote:

Okay, so what things are fun in Mafia for you?
I'm very much a fan of the theorizing back and forth debates. I don't care much for reading essays. I want a more natural dialogue.

I do also like mechs, I just don't think we should be lost in them, and I don't really like any "adhere or be anti-town" nonsense

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1455 Post by Chaqa » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:24 am

Food, what is your avatar? It looks familiar but not

BunnyGo

#1456 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:24 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:43 pm
Oh, my scum tell!

Maybe it's because I always claim VT, like literally every game. And I "townslip".

But when I'm scum I do it way less and this game I haven't done it at all.

Okay, well maybe I'm just growing up and maturing as a player. Y'all ever think of that???
that is possible. tell me about your play last game. what do you thin of it?

BobMcBob

#1457 Post by BobMcBob » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:24 am

I seem to remember drunk bunny (tm) being more coherent and switched on than this. Is that really you drunk bunny (tm)? Do you have any tinfoil theories or crazy ideas?

BunnyGo

#1458 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:25 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:45 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 10:40 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 9:19 pm

5 lists of what?

19 people have to enter orders.

I still don't understand the proposal.
5 methods

e.g. nth live player below your name where n is 1 to 5 and the list is circular. Taint difficult. Can we leave it until after EOD pleeeeeze
ok, what are your 3 highest maf-reads?

Who would you shoot if you had a bullet right now (or else get it) (INGAME of course, just to be clear)?

if you could save one target this EoD outside of yourself, who would that be?
kaka kopied heart! and weirdly specified "IS GAME".

kaka-heart not paired

Frogsterking

#1459 Post by Frogsterking » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:27 am

BK3K wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:47 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 1:35 am
@BK3K

If you're town then now is the time to show it IMO.
I’ll be honest with you, it’s hard to keep interest when I come back and there are 20 pages to catch up on. You are taking any wanting to go investigate past games. You and I clearly have different levels of desire to spend time on this. I preferred the mini where we were at like this many pages in the end game, not the beginning of N1
Do you have any good reads?

foodcoats

#1460 Post by foodcoats » Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:27 am

Chaqa wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2024 2:20 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Oh, hold on Chaqa. You may not understand the setup. We don’t know our roles and we will get results that are identical to other roles. There are roles that can read like various other roles depending on the target. So it is not just claim/counterclaim.

Does that change your opinion at all?