Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: Mafia 85: Return from Lockdown

#841 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:36 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:08 pm
Chaqa is just so antitown that it becomes town...right??
Okay for sure we should not kill Frog

sweetandcool

#842 Post by sweetandcool » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:36 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:31 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:05 pm

I find this uncompelling.

In M84 you were scum and moved your vote 5 times on D1.
Look again. I bounced around with joke votes (as I have done this game) and then I settled on Ham. I would have stayed there happily, and had positioned myself to do so, but then Ham threatened me with an axe, and I couldn't find a way to extricate myself.

Or wait, you talking about the next scum game? I feel like I did something similar yt don't remember right now :P
You voted Hamilton / Bona / ND / Bona / Justwill
Yes!! I latched onto Bona. I just couldn't help scumreading Will so I switched to him near EoD.

Jamiet99uk

#843 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:35 pm
ill be back at end of day, this is just gonna annoy people anyway.

for someone who values understanding things, im assuming that your goal Jamie, is to jump to as many conclusions as possible and spin my words into watered down buzz phrases as often as you can. You clearly have an agenda to derail logical discourse and re-frame it in your own words when it suits you.

And when challenged on this, even with facts being shown to you, your pivot is to find some other thing to rally back too. you didnt even read frogs posts, or my explanations because, you are probably mafia; and the goal was never to solve.

good day
I obviously did read Frog's posts because otherwise how would I be able to point out the way he said he was going to form a POE? How would I have noticed that he did respond to you asking for explanations of his town reads?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

BK3K

#844 Post by BK3K » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:38 pm

logging off, not sure how much i'll be back before EOD.

I don't really like the top wagons of sweet, frog, and bob. of the three, i would vote for Sweet before Frog or Bob, but I also hate piling too much weight on a train too early D1.

##Vote Dip for having the lowest post count. That's about as strong as an argument you'll get out of my D1

brainbomb

#845 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:39 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:36 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:29 pm

I haven't insulted you. My posts are polite and calm. You are the one getting in a mood.
if this is how you think you make other people feel with your posts, that you are inducing in others a state of politeness and calm; I got news for you, it creates a toxic environment to play this game in.
You just need to chill the fuck out and not have a temper tantrum when someone disagrees with you or misunderstands something you said.

I'm not trying to offend you but you're being extremely thin-skinned. I am allowed to respond to you and I am allowed to disagree with you. Get over yourself.

Im gonna be very clear, so if there is a chance you are town and this isnt some act; you at least can see what im seeing for a moment.

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?user=Frogsterking&word=town&g=85

read this and tell me these town reads seem well explained, fleshed out, and come from a town mindset. then show the class some reasons you think these townreads are authentic. I challenge that you wont be able to find any that actually say WHY

Jamiet99uk

#846 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:40 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Frog: I've already explained, today is my busiest day, I've ran out of time to make this post.
Your explanations were:

1. He seems bossy.

2. "It feels good".

Yes?
This is my potato. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My potato is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my potato is useless. Without my potato, I am useless.

sweetandcool

#847 Post by sweetandcool » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:40 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:26 pm

Look again. I bounced around with joke votes (as I have done this game) and then I settled on Ham. I would have stayed there happily, and had positioned myself to do so, but then Ham threatened me with an axe, and I couldn't find a way to extricate myself.

Or wait, you talking about the next scum game? I feel like I did something similar yt don't remember right now :P
Yes!! I latched onto Bona. I just couldn't help scumreading Will so I switched to him near EoD.
Hahahahahahah, my innocence this game is going to rest on your ability to believe that I can make reads regardless of my alignment. And you're going to say that since you don't know I'm not scum you can't believe a thing I'm saying.

I totally called this last game!!

This is so fucked XD

##VOTE Jamiet because this really pisses me off.

worcej

#848 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:40 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:11 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:55 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:53 pm

any suggestions on how we could all collectively stop posting so much?
Eliminate some of these people:
if chaqa is mafia, no one of this eight is mafia. You heard it here first!
Probably more like 2 or 3 are actually in this list… I don’t believe that scum are just silent on D1.

worcej

#849 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:41 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:23 pm
Does wor always sound the same as scum?
I’ve been told I do but idk?

Apparently I am usually easy to townread to others and hard to be scum read?

BunnyGo

#850 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:42 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:40 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

Hahahahahahah, my innocence this game is going to rest on your ability to believe that I can make reads regardless of my alignment. And you're going to say that since you don't know I'm not scum you can't believe a thing I'm saying.

This is so fucked XD

sweet's towniest post all game. Are we seeing the same tell @damo?
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

damo666

#851 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:42 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Owie, with two different people claiming they see my scumtell, I am effectively screwed. Probably flipping D1. And if not, then sooner rather than later.

Mafia reads:

Jamiet could just be doing his usual stuff. I've scumread him for seemingly being extra eager to get into Jamiet arguments, but remember that while the effect can be scummy, the place it comes from could be towny. So I lean scum him, but voting him just because he's behaving in a way I don't like is obviously an incredibly weak reason.

Bunnygo/damo: I think there is a real chance on eof them is scum. Pushing the damning narrative of my scumtell seems like an incredibly easy way to get today's misskill.

Frog: I've already explained, today is my busiest day, I've ran out of time to make this post.

Would be willing to switch to any of these players by EoD, especially since it is Frog's first game.
Open admission lol.

But in all seriousness I don't think we can afford to not kill sweet. Could be wrong but incredibly valuable if correct.

brainbomb

#852 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:43 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:38 pm

I obviously did read Frog's posts because otherwise how would I be able to point out the way he said he was going to form a POE? How would I have noticed that he did respond to you asking for explanations of his town reads?
Okay so why do you assume that the way he is forming this POE is legitimate? Why is this a process you trust and respect? What in that POE seems definitive, and where is the evidence that hes actually narrowed down a POE from all those townreads?

Youve read his posts, supposedly, but it sounds like you just blindly accepted his strategy at face value and didnt even look into how that strategy was executed.

Was it even effective? was it authentic?

I would charge it is not, not even remotely authentic.

BunnyGo

#853 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:43 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:42 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Owie, with two different people claiming they see my scumtell, I am effectively screwed. Probably flipping D1. And if not, then sooner rather than later.

Mafia reads:

Jamiet could just be doing his usual stuff. I've scumread him for seemingly being extra eager to get into Jamiet arguments, but remember that while the effect can be scummy, the place it comes from could be towny. So I lean scum him, but voting him just because he's behaving in a way I don't like is obviously an incredibly weak reason.

Bunnygo/damo: I think there is a real chance on eof them is scum. Pushing the damning narrative of my scumtell seems like an incredibly easy way to get today's misskill.

Would be willing to switch to any of these players by EoD, especially since it is Frog's first game.
Open admission lol.

But in all seriousness I don't think we can afford to not kill sweet. Could be wrong but incredibly valuable if correct.
I mean...I still agree with this, just wanted to confirm if we're seeing the same tell or not.
The moral of the boy who cried wolf? Never tell the same lie twice--Elim Garak

Take a minute of your day to be nice to someone, you dumb son of a bitch -- Iron Sheik

damo666

#854 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:44 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:42 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:40 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

This is so fucked XD

sweet's towniest post all game. Are we seeing the same tell @damo?
Yes and I don't know.

Jamiet99uk

#855 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:45 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:39 pm
Im gonna be very clear, so if there is a chance you are town and this isnt some act; you at least can see what im seeing for a moment.

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?user=Frogsterking&word=town&g=85

read this and tell me these town reads seem well explained, fleshed out, and come from a town mindset. then show the class some reasons you think these townreads are authentic. I challenge that you wont be able to find any that actually say WHY
Okay here are examples on two of his townreads, one being JustWill, the other being Chaqa:
Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:28 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:23 am
brainbomb wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:21 am

This sort of feels like neph-frog-will are all scum buddies trying to use this as their main distancing topic
This sort of feels like brain-will are scum buddies trying to use this as their main distancing topic.
LOL these are the kinds of posts which make me think justaguy is town.
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:24 am
Alright, I’m signing off. Its 1030 already
1:30 am here lol :nmr: :evil:
Frogsterking wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:25 am
That's a lot of forum mafia games, I doubt I've played more than 100 total forum mafia games. Most of the games I've played were over live chat. Those ~6 occurrences I saw players start that way were all solid players when/if they paid attention who rolled town and didn't really care about the game in that moment they spammed some posts out. That's what chaqa looks like to me so far. If it starts to seem like he's lying low then I'll reevaluate.

Jamiet99uk

#856 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:43 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:38 pm

Okay so why do you assume that the way he is forming this POE is legitimate? Why is this a process you trust and respect? What in that POE seems definitive, and where is the evidence that hes actually narrowed down a POE from all those townreads?

Youve read his posts, supposedly, but it sounds like you just blindly accepted his strategy at face value and didnt even look into how that strategy was executed.

Was it even effective? was it authentic?

I would charge it is not, not even remotely authentic.
Okay, you are entitled to have that opinion. This wasn't the way you originally articulated it but I'm happy if our discourse has allowed you to elucidate your thoughts more clearly.

I don't think it strikes me the same way but we are allowed to disagree.

brainbomb

#857 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:46 pm

hey guys, im gonna do a new strategy where I stop playing
its all part of my process, and helps me to produce a POE.

I think of it as decentralized anti matter scum hunting. theres gonna be absolutely no evidence of it working, and im gonna just be completely silent but youll just have to trust that since I told you this is part of my process, that im doing it and its really easy to understand if you just choose to read the posts that im gonna not be making.

but since I have a process, im auto town just so you know

worcej

#858 Post by worcej » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:48 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 2:06 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:40 pm
It seems to me that we could match up everyone with a role or get it down to a 50/50 with a mafia counterpart by N3 if we coordinate our night targets.
Aaaand the mechs talk has arrived, right on cue.
I TOLD YOU ALL NOT TO WAKE HIM!

damo666

#859 Post by damo666 » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm

If Jamie and brain are BOTH scum I'll eat my hat.

In fact I'd be most surprised if either are scum and I will not be surprised if one of them is tonight's kill (I'm pleading with scum to do the community a favour).

@brain @Jamie only kidding with the plea to scum!

foodcoats

#860 Post by foodcoats » Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:49 pm

BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:06 pm
BobMcBob wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 12:50 pm
foodcoats wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:49 am

So what did you learn from voting fisch? What are you currently learning with your vote still there?
Absolutely nothing at the moment, but it doesn't need to be moved yet. I hate the other question though because it forces me to go back over past games and admit that my memories of players aren't quite as clear as I'd like. The only games I saw lfischl being defensive D1 were both town games, although he was being pushed harder in both instances. It's not much to go off tbh.
In fact I'd probably say that my vote on lfischl provided more insight on you than it did on fisch. You seem to have spent a whole lot of posts this game talking about fisch with people. Why have you asked so many questions about interactions with him specifically? Do you have a read on him yet?
I think I've explained in pretty exhaustive detail why I was interested in lfischl. I was only interested in lfischl because you and Will both exhibited inconsistent behaviour towards lfischl (and will gave me inconsistent answers about his weird behaviour). I described my reads of you and Will around your lfischl behaviour in response to Frog.