M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#501 Post by damo666 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:58 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:46 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:45 am

cruel ghug is scum ghug. cruel is different than abraisive. you're rarely cruel when town, but often when wolf.
I'm generally meaner when I'm town because I'm more emotionally invested, but also this is rubbing, not cruelty.
Ribbing*
I did raise an eyebrow at 'rubbing'

brainbomb

#502 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:16 pm
Reads
ghug
Jamie
chaqa
President Eden
—-
bona
pyxxy
bunny
worcej
rdrivera
—-
damo
fluminator
bozo

if I forgot someone : do something fun so I remember you
Can you explain your townreads?
I think the posts youve made have been pretty helpful so far. Theyre less comical than last game and more sharp. It felt a bit easier to trust.

Jamie has lost all his wishy washy questions and has also felt alot more focused while also having more fun. less dodgy. less of the “oh you think ____ is scum??” oh you think ____ is the driver??

Chaqa is stubborn and my read on him is that if hes bothering to pump out reads I hate then he has a vision of the game and it just differs from my own. much in the way I try to townread damo is if it annoys me eventually it likely is town.

Eden has reached a few times to find a place to vote but his engine has fired up more and I can see him considering the game in a way that doesnt look forced

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#503 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:49 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:47 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:50 am

he's obviously leaving a trail in the bot...

dude, get your bozo translator working. he's obv towning
When >50% of Bunny posts piss me off, he's probably town. A bunch of votes isn't obvtowning.
I said get the Bozo translator working. He likes VCA and having an ability to research votes later. He’s leading by example.

Ghug willfully misunderstanding is not town ghug
I'm not misunderstanding anything. Those votes are not a meaningful indicator of his alignment.

BunnyGo

#504 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:00 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:54 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:47 pm
Damn.

This is bad that our D1 and N1 from last game are leading wagons.

Be kinder people!!

##vote ghug
I think you’re town but I am stupefied that you could be so confident in your solves that you’re consciously giving people you find suspicious passes because they flipped early last game.

Aside from it being an empty sympathy and out of the spirit of the game, I simply don’t see how you’re sure enough about suspects to ignore the better ones because they happened to flip early last game.

(Also, worcej didn’t flip at all anyway.)
Say that again and think more about it when you do

brainbomb

#505 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:00 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:54 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:45 pm
Also want to reiterate in case no one heard this but a system which allows voting by RNG takes a deduction game and turns it into a completely meaningless dice rolling adventure. It also gives scum a great veil to hide behind “I didnt want to vote them but the dice made me do it” which excuses nefarious play
I'm suspicious that you felt the need to explain this.
I believe you find this suspicious.

Jamiet99uk

#506 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:02 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:04 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:57 am
I want Flum to acknowledge that my current seagull avatar is, quite literally, the seagull image used in UK newspaper coverage about the threat of seagulls attacking the Great British Bake Off, when the decision was made to host some episodes outdoors.
Lol, I appreciate the picture and effort.
Since no one is ever going to find it at this rate, Fox hid a link in the opening post to a song about seagulls, and it's something I'd only expect town to click.
HAHA so he did.

Interesting observation.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#507 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:02 pm

##VOTE brain

I don't like worcej but the wagon gives me bad vibes. Bozo's still a fine kill. Eden also feels off.

Don't really want to kill Chaqa, damo, or bunny.

brainbomb

#508 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:04 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:02 pm
##VOTE brain

I don't like worcej but the wagon gives me bad vibes. Bozo's still a fine kill. Eden also feels off.

Why not damo? hes been more performative than usual

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#509 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:05 pm

ghug wrote:
##VOTE brain

This feels weird to me. I can't quite place it, but the implications here to me are that ghug realizes brain might be turning people's eyes toward him, and wants to get separate momentum on brain to distract him from his current train of thought.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#510 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:05 pm

bits and bobs
- page 13 makes my eyebrows twitch >:( bunny and ghug being little weirdos
- bozo rand idea is hilarious, I'm down
- bunny calling bona obv town after being scum last game is also hilarious
- @everyone: is bunny the type to actively try to break his meta after losing as scum?
- @rdr I'll stop making the lego joke it's worn out sorry about that
- lmao get randed bozo
- hi worcej
- confused about bozo's pivot to an actual short-list but honored I made it

- carving this out into its own line: wait @bunny okay you seem serious, what did I screw up about scum chat?
You're talking about this, right?
pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 pm
last game: bad vibes, bunny PR hunted worcej (confirmed in scum chat post-game/post-death)
From the #mafia-chat discord channel:
"So ummm…fox was right. I took my method acting too far. Forgot I was scum. And then forgot PRs were a thing…

Luckily too scummy to be scum!" -BunnyGo

post-death meant I saw you post this since you killed me N1

I think maybe you're saying that it wasn't intentional PR hunting _as scum_? Which I didn't say. I said you PR hunted worcej and like......you literally say that in the discord. Idk what else "Fox was right" could mean.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky or annoying I'm just like.....maybe you forgot this too........because......you have a history of......yeah.

- hi Jamie
- tele-what now
- am I going to have to solve if bunny tunneling me is town or scum :|
- interesting that bozo is finding me as very different from my usual town game but he is also not playing what I perceive as his usual town game aka surveys. for legal reasons this isn't shade
- ah, worcej returns
- re: Eden, worcej walking up to 4 is kinda surprising. maybe it was just the simplest case?
- if it's not clear yes I agree that random voting is bad it's funny but bad
- @eden what makes you want to take bozo off the table? I think he's pretty firmly in will-vote for D1 activities, but maybe I'm not putting together the puzzle correctly
- oh okay I think Bunny is just going hog wild not actually tunneling me. I think this is funny _and_ I want to see if he can sustain it, let's keep him around for another day :D

also worth a line break
- @brain, I do talk about vibes but I don't think I always use the word vibes. I tend to be mech-heavy to compensate for still being meh about scumhunting, and that means I lack confidence in my scum reads a lot of the time (imo it's a way to find me as scum e.g. being too confident in scumreading someone). sometimes I'll say "gut reads" or just "gut", it means mostly the same thing. here in my earlier presence in the thread I really was more about the vibes part of the venn diagram, because I was picking up on thread feel rather than how specific people felt

- hi damo
- @bunny I say that wow you've been posting a lot since I posted about it, huh buddy
- @brain here's your content post, please chew and feel free to spit it out if it's unsatisfactory
- sort of on the "data" bit, I didn't consider it "data" in the way that I treat true mech. it was me expressing a gut/vibe/read on the situation. honestly now that I'm almost to current and Bunny is still locked on me about this, I'm beginning to think this is scum Bunny purposely breaking his meta and tunneling me D1 because gambler's fallacy that he would nk me N1 last game and then try to get me chopped D1 this game + he knows that he has to break his meta from last game or get caught since it's in everyone's memory

so uh ##VOTE BunnyGo

there was another page or two after this but I'm a little peeved so I think it's funnier to just let this rock and glare at bunny >:(

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#511 Post by pyxxy » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:07 pm

yeah I know it's a wall, the wall people can read it and the rest of you can answer this for me

"@everyone: is bunny the type to actively try to break his meta after losing as scum?"

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#512 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:07 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:04 pm
ghug wrote:
##VOTE brain

He feels involved and isn't spending time explaining himself. Not lock town but definitely enough that I don't want him dead today.

damo666

#513 Post by damo666 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:08 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:59 pm
ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:52 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:16 pm
Reads
ghug
Jamie
chaqa
President Eden
—-
bona
pyxxy
bunny
worcej
rdrivera
—-
damo
fluminator
bozo

if I forgot someone : do something fun so I remember you
Can you explain your townreads?
I think the posts youve made have been pretty helpful so far. Theyre less comical than last game and more sharp. It felt a bit easier to trust.

Jamie has lost all his wishy washy questions and has also felt alot more focused while also having more fun. less dodgy. less of the “oh you think ____ is scum??” oh you think ____ is the driver??

Chaqa is stubborn and my read on him is that if hes bothering to pump out reads I hate then he has a vision of the game and it just differs from my own. much in the way I try to townread damo is if it annoys me eventually it likely is town.

Eden has reached a few times to find a place to vote but his engine has fired up more and I can see him considering the game in a way that doesnt look forced
What does the emboldened mean?

brainbomb

#514 Post by brainbomb » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:07 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:04 pm
ghug wrote:
##VOTE brain

He feels involved and isn't spending time explaining himself. Not lock town but definitely enough that I don't want him dead today.
Do you want some examples demonstrating my thought on that? or are you pretty set on damo being town regardless of my opinion?

Jamiet99uk

#515 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:09 pm

pyxxy wrote:
yeah I know it's a wall, the wall people can read it and the rest of you can answer this for me

"@everyone: is bunny the type to actively try to break his meta after losing as scum?"
Yes.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#516 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:09 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:05 pm
bits and bobs
- page 13 makes my eyebrows twitch >:( bunny and ghug being little weirdos
- bozo rand idea is hilarious, I'm down
- bunny calling bona obv town after being scum last game is also hilarious
- @everyone: is bunny the type to actively try to break his meta after losing as scum?
- @rdr I'll stop making the lego joke it's worn out sorry about that
- lmao get randed bozo
- hi worcej
- confused about bozo's pivot to an actual short-list but honored I made it

- carving this out into its own line: wait @bunny okay you seem serious, what did I screw up about scum chat?
You're talking about this, right?
pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 pm
last game: bad vibes, bunny PR hunted worcej (confirmed in scum chat post-game/post-death)
From the #mafia-chat discord channel:
"So ummm…fox was right. I took my method acting too far. Forgot I was scum. And then forgot PRs were a thing…

Luckily too scummy to be scum!" -BunnyGo

post-death meant I saw you post this since you killed me N1

I think maybe you're saying that it wasn't intentional PR hunting _as scum_? Which I didn't say. I said you PR hunted worcej and like......you literally say that in the discord. Idk what else "Fox was right" could mean.

I'm not trying to be nitpicky or annoying I'm just like.....maybe you forgot this too........because......you have a history of......yeah.

- hi Jamie
- tele-what now
- am I going to have to solve if bunny tunneling me is town or scum :|
- interesting that bozo is finding me as very different from my usual town game but he is also not playing what I perceive as his usual town game aka surveys. for legal reasons this isn't shade
- ah, worcej returns
- re: Eden, worcej walking up to 4 is kinda surprising. maybe it was just the simplest case?
- if it's not clear yes I agree that random voting is bad it's funny but bad
- @eden what makes you want to take bozo off the table? I think he's pretty firmly in will-vote for D1 activities, but maybe I'm not putting together the puzzle correctly
- oh okay I think Bunny is just going hog wild not actually tunneling me. I think this is funny _and_ I want to see if he can sustain it, let's keep him around for another day :D

also worth a line break
- @brain, I do talk about vibes but I don't think I always use the word vibes. I tend to be mech-heavy to compensate for still being meh about scumhunting, and that means I lack confidence in my scum reads a lot of the time (imo it's a way to find me as scum e.g. being too confident in scumreading someone). sometimes I'll say "gut reads" or just "gut", it means mostly the same thing. here in my earlier presence in the thread I really was more about the vibes part of the venn diagram, because I was picking up on thread feel rather than how specific people felt

- hi damo
- @bunny I say that wow you've been posting a lot since I posted about it, huh buddy
- @brain here's your content post, please chew and feel free to spit it out if it's unsatisfactory
- sort of on the "data" bit, I didn't consider it "data" in the way that I treat true mech. it was me expressing a gut/vibe/read on the situation. honestly now that I'm almost to current and Bunny is still locked on me about this, I'm beginning to think this is scum Bunny purposely breaking his meta and tunneling me D1 because gambler's fallacy that he would nk me N1 last game and then try to get me chopped D1 this game + he knows that he has to break his meta from last game or get caught since it's in everyone's memory

so uh ##VOTE BunnyGo

there was another page or two after this but I'm a little peeved so I think it's funnier to just let this rock and glare at bunny >:(
This guy really just said he didn't want to vote Bunny and then voted him a paragraph later.

Fluminator

#517 Post by Fluminator » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:10 pm

Is pyxxy the new koala?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#518 Post by ghug » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:10 pm

pyxxy wrote:

He definitely is but I think this is town Bunny because he's so frustrating.

President Eden

#519 Post by President Eden » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:11 pm

ghug wrote:
##VOTE brain

L

BunnyGo

#520 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jun 01, 2023 4:11 pm

@pyxxy: holy wall post!

To answer your questions:

1) I HAVE been changing my meta since losing as town repeatedly. Or trying to at least. Tendencies are hard. I don’t think I’d let a scum game change my meta. My scum game should (in theory) be trying to mimic my town game.

2) Fox had said in the game thread that he thought the possibility was I was scum hunting and forgot that PR hunting was a thing. That’s how he was right.

3) posting a lot is my personal default. I’ve been trying to fight it the last 3 games. You should have seen my early games here. Woof.

4) obviously I suck. OMG