MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
User avatar
Jamiet99uk
Posts: 31434
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#81 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:36 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:37 pm
The technology is here
At last the server is running Windows Vista.
Tio estas mia terpomo. Estas multaj kiel ĝi, sed tiu ĉi estas mia. Mia terpomo estas mia plej bona amiko. Ĝi estas mia vivo. Mi devas majstri ĝin kiel mi devas majstri mian vivon. Sen mi, mia terpomo estas senvalora. Sen mia terpomo, mi estas senvalora.

damo666
Posts: 17755
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#82 Post by damo666 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:36 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:37 pm
The technology is here
At last the server is running Windows Vista.
My ZX81 still going strong

User avatar
Bonatogether
Posts: 9922
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#83 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Apr 01, 2023 4:12 pm

flum who is your pfp


User avatar
Kakarroto
Posts: 3308
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#85 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:36 pm

Just wait until tomorrow when those picture abilities will be withdrawn again ...

User avatar
worcej
Posts: 12104
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#86 Post by worcej » Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:34 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 10:24 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:38 pm
Balance gods have spoken - will add 3rd goon and 2nd town PR at 15. No modifications until that threshold.
I thought the number of town PRs was determined by the Mafia's choices?
It is, but town always starts with 1. At 15, it will be 2

User avatar
worcej
Posts: 12104
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#87 Post by worcej » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:57 am

GM Note:
As a reminder, role PMs are going out tomorrow at 2:00 PM PST. All town will receive a Vanilla Town PM. The mafia traitor and goons will receive their PMs.

The goons will have 24 hours to discuss their choices in the mafia QT before the game begins Monday at 2:00 PM PST.

sweetandcool
Posts: 4392
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#88 Post by sweetandcool » Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 am

worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:57 am
GM Note:
As a reminder, role PMs are going out tomorrow at 2:00 PM PST. All town will receive a Vanilla Town PM. The mafia traitor and goons will receive their PMs.

The goons will have 24 hours to discuss their choices in the mafia QT before the game begins Monday at 2:00 PM PST.
I thought about it for a while, but I just can't figure it out. What is the mafia QT?

snowy801
Posts: 5435
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#89 Post by snowy801 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:13 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:57 am
GM Note:
As a reminder, role PMs are going out tomorrow at 2:00 PM PST. All town will receive a Vanilla Town PM. The mafia traitor and goons will receive their PMs.

The goons will have 24 hours to discuss their choices in the mafia QT before the game begins Monday at 2:00 PM PST.
I thought about it for a while, but I just can't figure it out. What is the mafia QT?
The mafia team is very cute.

damo666
Posts: 17755
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#90 Post by damo666 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:53 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:57 am
GM Note:
As a reminder, role PMs are going out tomorrow at 2:00 PM PST. All town will receive a Vanilla Town PM. The mafia traitor and goons will receive their PMs.

The goons will have 24 hours to discuss their choices in the mafia QT before the game begins Monday at 2:00 PM PST.
I thought about it for a while, but I just can't figure it out. What is the mafia QT?
Quick Topic.

Except it's not.

Mafia chat is on discord. Scum will get the relevant link.

damo666
Posts: 17755
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#91 Post by damo666 » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:53 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:13 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:57 am
GM Note:
As a reminder, role PMs are going out tomorrow at 2:00 PM PST. All town will receive a Vanilla Town PM. The mafia traitor and goons will receive their PMs.

The goons will have 24 hours to discuss their choices in the mafia QT before the game begins Monday at 2:00 PM PST.
I thought about it for a while, but I just can't figure it out. What is the mafia QT?
The mafia team is very cute.
Snowy is town then.

User avatar
worcej
Posts: 12104
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#92 Post by worcej » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:05 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:53 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:57 am
GM Note:
As a reminder, role PMs are going out tomorrow at 2:00 PM PST. All town will receive a Vanilla Town PM. The mafia traitor and goons will receive their PMs.

The goons will have 24 hours to discuss their choices in the mafia QT before the game begins Monday at 2:00 PM PST.
I thought about it for a while, but I just can't figure it out. What is the mafia QT?
Quick Topic.

Except it's not.

Mafia chat is on discord. Scum will get the relevant link.
Damo explained it accurately - I am just a dinosaur still using old acronyms that no longer are used.

President Eden
Posts: 7337
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Location: possibly Britain
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#93 Post by President Eden » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:51 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 am
worcej wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:57 am
GM Note:
As a reminder, role PMs are going out tomorrow at 2:00 PM PST. All town will receive a Vanilla Town PM. The mafia traitor and goons will receive their PMs.

The goons will have 24 hours to discuss their choices in the mafia QT before the game begins Monday at 2:00 PM PST.
I thought about it for a while, but I just can't figure it out. What is the mafia QT?
QuickTopic was an old (I mean very old) bulletin board style "forum" where you could create your own difficult-to-find discussion thread. We used it for mafia so much that we just started calling the private chat the "mafia QT." QuickTopic shut down a year and a half ago, but old habits die hard :grin:

User avatar
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13865
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:33 pm
Location: Allentown, PA, USA
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#94 Post by Chaqa » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:44 pm

This is the official notice to everyone that "I didn't know what QT is/we don't use QT anymore???" is a sus excuse now

User avatar
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6508
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#95 Post by dargorygel » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:05 pm

I purchase donuts and gasoline at QT.

User avatar
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6508
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#96 Post by dargorygel » Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:53 am
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:13 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 am


I thought about it for a while, but I just can't figure it out. What is the mafia QT?
The mafia team is very cute.
Snowy is town then.
Town is snowy, then.

sweetandcool
Posts: 4392
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2023 8:21 pm
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#97 Post by sweetandcool » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:40 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:44 pm
This is the official notice to everyone that "I didn't know what QT is/we don't use QT anymore???" is a sus excuse now
What is "sus"? Did you mean "SOS"?

And will there be a new thread tomorrow for chat? Just want to make sure I'm not missing a Discord, a QT, or something else.

User avatar
Foxcastle
Posts: 6157
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#98 Post by Foxcastle » Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:08 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:40 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:44 pm
This is the official notice to everyone that "I didn't know what QT is/we don't use QT anymore???" is a sus excuse now
What is "sus"? Did you mean "SOS"?

And will there be a new thread tomorrow for chat? Just want to make sure I'm not missing a Discord, a QT, or something else.
Yes, there will be a new thread. It will possibly not show up on the homepage, so if you don't see it, go to the Forum and find it in the Forum Games section. (I think this is dumb and that the reasons for doing it are no longer relevant, and I hope worcej will not tag the thread [Hidden].)

The game will also be tracked on the Peterbot, which is very helpful for analyzing the game and searching player's posts for clues. You can look at previous games to get a sense of what it shows you.

damo666
Posts: 17755
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 79: The Price is Right - SIGN-UP THREAD

#99 Post by damo666 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 2:17 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:40 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:44 pm
This is the official notice to everyone that "I didn't know what QT is/we don't use QT anymore???" is a sus excuse now
What is "sus"? Did you mean "SOS"?

And will there be a new thread tomorrow for chat? Just want to make sure I'm not missing a Discord, a QT, or something else.
Townslip


Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], sweetandcool, TheMadMonarch