XX Questions, Game LXII

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#81 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:49 am

1. not fictional
2. not a woman
3. not alive
4. alive during 1900s
5. no movie made or starred in
6. native speaker of English
7. US citizen
8. Not a politician
9. Not a sportsman
10. Not a scientist
11. Never committed a big crime
12. Not known for entertainment
13. Known for his job
14. Not involved in finance / economics
15. Did not serve in the military
16. Closely associated with the Southern US
17. A white man
18. Not known for his religious faith

NOT

José de Santiago Concha y Salvatierra (jamiet99uk)
AA Allen (damo666)

Kakarroto
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 533

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#82 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:36 am

Suggestions/Brainstorming what we might want to ask:

Was he (super) rich?
Did his job involve a lot of sitting?
Did his job involve computers?
Did his job involve animals?
Was he loved for doing his job?
Was he a staunch republican/democrat?
Was he generally known internationally (not just the US)?
Was he a fighter for women's rights?
Other than himself, was his family well-known/important?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5423
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#83 Post by dargorygel » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:51 am

My free guess... bona
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#84 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:08 am

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:51 am
My free guess... bona
i was not alive during the previous century 8-)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 5374
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 5423
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#85 Post by dargorygel » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:13 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:08 am
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:51 am
My free guess... bona
i was not alive during the previous century 8-)
Hmmmm good point, i guess
1

JECE
Posts: 722
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 pm
Karma: 197
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#86 Post by JECE » Wed Dec 07, 2022 4:39 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:36 am
Suggestions/Brainstorming what we might want to ask:

Was he (super) rich?
Did his job involve a lot of sitting?
Did his job involve computers?
Did his job involve animals?
Was he loved for doing his job?
Was he a staunch republican/democrat?
Was he generally known internationally (not just the US)?
Was he a fighter for women's rights?
Other than himself, was his family well-known/important?
I don't think that any of these questions would be useful at this late stage in the game. Well, the animals question and women's rights question might, but I reckon that they are unlikely to hit the bullseye. The political party and international reknown questions have basically already been answered.
1
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

damo666
Posts: 13119
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4374

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#87 Post by damo666 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:49 am

How about asking "was he born before 01.01.1950?"

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14861
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#88 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:17 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:49 am
How about asking "was he born before 01.01.1950?"
Then you'd have a vague idea of his date of birth but only one question left.

We don't know anything about what this person *did*.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14861
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#89 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:20 pm

I've got one:

Was he particularly known for a specific event / achievement / thing that he did?

Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#90 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:55 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:20 pm
I've got one:

Was he particularly known for a specific event / achievement / thing that he did?
2. If the answer is unclear, question master must clarify why[\quote]

yes - if you know some details about the person, there is one thing that you would definitely know, but no - there are multiple things that he did that are relatively well-known and comperable to the first thing

Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#91 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:56 pm

oops

DougJoe
Posts: 512
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:02 pm
Location: Alto, MI, USA
Karma: 95

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#92 Post by DougJoe » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:48 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:56 pm
oops
oops?

Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#93 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:01 pm

DougJoe wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:48 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:56 pm
oops
oops?
misdid the quote

Kakarroto
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 533

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#94 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:55 pm
yes - if you know some details about the person, there is one thing that you would definitely know, but no - there are multiple things that he did that are relatively well-known and comperable to the first thing
First idea was Edison (well he's not since not strictly southern US) since most know him for 'inventing' (I just leave it under apostrophe since there is too much stuff connected to mention it here and most people believe this was the case) the lightbulb and after that some other inventions.

Since an inventor doesn't fully fit the description of a scientist, is it possible it's the job we are searching?

Well maybe I'm wrong there so maybe it was [rolls dice] someone who created/developed companies (oil baron?) and doesn't fit the finance/economist question? Is there anyone that comes to mind?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14861
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#95 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:01 pm
DougJoe wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:48 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:56 pm
oops
oops?
misdid the quote
Could you try again?

I don't think you answered the question properly.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14861
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#96 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:39 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:22 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:55 pm
yes - if you know some details about the person, there is one thing that you would definitely know, but no - there are multiple things that he did that are relatively well-known and comperable to the first thing
First idea was Edison (well he's not since not strictly southern US) since most know him for 'inventing' (I just leave it under apostrophe since there is too much stuff connected to mention it here and most people believe this was the case) the lightbulb and after that some other inventions.

Since an inventor doesn't fully fit the description of a scientist, is it possible it's the job we are searching?

Well maybe I'm wrong there so maybe it was [rolls dice] someone who created/developed companies (oil baron?) and doesn't fit the finance/economist question? Is there anyone that comes to mind?
1. Thomas Edison was a scientist.

2. There is at least one major motion picture about Edison's life.

It can't be Edison.

Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#97 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:54 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:36 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:01 pm
DougJoe wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:48 pm


oops?
misdid the quote
Could you try again?

I don't think you answered the question properly.
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:20 pm
I've got one:

Was he particularly known for a specific event / achievement / thing that he did?
if i have to choose yes or no, then no. there is a non-one number of things which the person did in the course of his job that he is known for.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22937
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14861
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#98 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 pm

Has this person ever been on the cover of TIME Magazine?

Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#99 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:05 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:56 pm
Has this person ever been on the cover of TIME Magazine?
yes

Bonatogether
Posts: 6246
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3607
Contact:

Re: XX Questions, Game LXII

#100 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:07 pm

1. not fictional
2. not a woman
3. not alive
4. alive during 1900s
5. no movie made or starred in
6. native speaker of English
7. US citizen
8. Not a politician
9. Not a sportsman
10. Not a scientist
11. Never committed a big crime
12. Not known for entertainment
13. Known for his job
14. Not involved in finance / economics
15. Did not serve in the military
16. Closely associated with the Southern US
17. A white man
18. Not known for his religious faith
19. Not known for one specific thing
20. Was on the cover of TIME magazine

NOT

José de Santiago Concha y Salvatierra (jamiet99uk)
AA Allen (damo666)
Bonatogether (dargorygel)

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests