MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#2881 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:09 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:05 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:04 am
more seriously, my fundamental reasons for suspecting snobyz haven't changed - that one post was pretty bad regardless of anything else. i'm going to stick there for a bit even if i'm still memevoting myself.

i'm still mulling over various other people
What post is that? I don't even know why I'm suspected yet (which is quite an exciting experience let me tell you)
iso me, i'm phone posting

President Eden

#2882 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:09 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:09 am
snowy801 wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
more seriously, my fundamental reasons for suspecting snobyz haven’t changed - that one post was pretty bad regardless of anything else. i’m going to stick there for a bit even if i’m still memevoting myself.

i’m still mulling over various other people
What post is that? I don’t even know why I’m suspected yet (which is quite an exciting experience let me tell you)
iso me, i’m phone posting
wtf we capped our data for the month already

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2883 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:09 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:57 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:55 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:54 am

literally when
well one time he was so sure I was mafia that he msg’d god chat to say he was gonna fakeclaim a guilty on me as the cop

i was town

thankfully he got roleblocked and the plan went up in smoke
bruh

I don't think you're helping his case though terrible lawyer
The missing piece is that Eden is always scum in his heart.

Bonatogether

#2884 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:10 am

President Eden wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

What post is that? I don’t even know why I’m suspected yet (which is quite an exciting experience let me tell you)
iso me, i’m phone posting
wtf we capped our data for the month already
just get another credit card lmao

snowy801

#2885 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:13 am

Bonatogether wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
more seriously, my fundamental reasons for suspecting snobyz haven't changed - that one post was pretty bad regardless of anything else. i'm going to stick there for a bit even if i'm still memevoting myself.

i'm still mulling over various other people
What post is that? I don't even know why I'm suspected yet (which is quite an exciting experience let me tell you)
iso me, i'm phone posting
literally me

well I'm more than halfway there I'll get there one day

Rumi Tobari

#2886 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:16 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:08 am
the newbs are the biggest conundrum - rumi feels town enough for me, and does have moments of actual insight and thoughts (moreso than average newb) but i've slowly mellowed on her just cause some things feel a little too quick. PN has not demonstrated these weird solving methods that were so discussed and i'm interested to see that. i don't feel confident in her being town
Well, some of these leaps are because my background is mysteries and logic problems. I actually enjoy logic games and puzzles as a fun past time. Having to do this with actual people with subjective views vs the objective opinion an author is attempting to force on the reader is alot harder.

For the record: favorite puzzles are nonograms, kropki, futoshiki, and skyscrapers. I can solve a sudoku with ease but I think they're overrated. Also despite what my profile says, I'm terrible at sokoban because it requires a flavor of spatial logical reasoning I'm bad at.

The fact that my workspace doubles as my bed means I can look over at the thread at any time, and I'll admit some of my temperament has not been helped by the fact that I've been more intrested in refreshing the thread for hte latest response htan sleeping.

So I'm usually observing things unfold confused what to make of it, or doing something in another window while waiting for more responses. Sometimes I'm actually asleep or afk.

President Eden

#2887 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:40 am

ghug wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
President Eden wrote:

well one time he was so sure I was mafia that he msg’d god chat to say he was gonna fakeclaim a guilty on me as the cop

i was town

bruh

I don’t think you’re helping his case though terrible lawyer
if you mean worcej’s heart, I think he does innately suspect me in most games. usually I aim to be nicer in discussing the issues than my dismissal earlier this evening, but in fairness, he usually doesn’t post multiple things that are verifiably false with a five second glimpse at the most recent posts I’ve made in the thread. I don’t think it makes him suspicious even, my impression is more lazy (not consciously-trying-to-slack lazy either, he just didn’t bother catching up before sounding off).

if you mean I’m always scum in my own heart… nah borther i’m the only townie on the planet 8-)

President Eden

#2888 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:43 am

there’s also this awkward dynamic where I literally haven’t rolled mafia here since spring 2018 due to long absences and good RNG, and quite a few people who are very established players just have not seen a mafia game from me in the flesh. I don’t think anybody’s seen what I would call a relevant sample. so there’s lingering paranoia that this might be the game.

anyway, maybe I really am just reading the room wrong, bc my first reaction is that the dargo nightkill is really informative, but everyone is just kinda like “eh.”

Rumi Tobari

#2889 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:51 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:43 am
there’s also this awkward dynamic where I literally haven’t rolled mafia here since spring 2018 due to long absences and good RNG, and quite a few people who are very established players just have not seen a mafia game from me in the flesh. I don’t think anybody’s seen what I would call a relevant sample. so there’s lingering paranoia that this might be the game.

anyway, maybe I really am just reading the room wrong, bc my first reaction is that the dargo nightkill is really informative, but everyone is just kinda like “eh.”
I mean... I want someone more socially intuitive than me to go through his previous posts and figure out what he said that might have been PR-indicative, or if it was just a coincidence.

And if he said anything PR-indicative, who would have been most likely to pick up on it.

Rumi Tobari

#2890 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:53 am

Also, on my end, Eden, Sabi, and drag have this really blinding white text on grene background when I check their responses in the bot and that makes it really hard for me to read anything. (visually and intepretatively)

President Eden

#2891 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:55 am

my text is black rather than white on the bot. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but that does seem like it would be impossible to read. unfortunately I don’t know anything about troubleshooting the bot :(

Rumi Tobari

#2892 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:57 am

its most likely something esoteric in my browser settings, but I don't really know how to fix that.

Rumi Tobari

#2893 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:14 am

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:25 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:23 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:23 pm

No.
N/a.
Partly the scumslip, mostly for giggles.
Where da fuq did I scum slip lol
It was Eden's scumslip, therefore yours. Keep up. :-)
So I've brought this up twice, mentioning that this was the "people joking about Neon and Eden being the same person" phase where damo saw something, but I just notice drag's response saying damo was meaning Eden. I honestly can't tell what in anything that he said before that point constutitues a scumsclip? (but I doubt I'd be able to tell even if it was obvious)

Other than that, I can't find anything in drag's logs that feels PR-indicative. It might actually be coincidence, because drag was consistently engaging, similarly helpful to Eden, but without the argumenative escalation with others. Drag felt like he was making consistent attempts at peacemaking with Eden at those times.

I kind of want to say that that drag was likely killed for his calmer and more diplomatic tones made his presence was beneficial for town rather than because scum thought he had a PR.

worcej

#2894 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:17 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:43 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:35 am
worcej, who am I voting for right now?
Irrelevant - I doubt you stay there.
It directly contradicts what you said and demonstrates you haven’t been paying attention
To your one vote on Bona with a sarcastic reference to anime with zero contextual backup?

I didn't miss it - I just thought that it was rather bullshit.

worcej

#2895 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:19 am

President Eden wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:41 pm
Hey now, I am right sometimes.
literally when

i was town

I've done worse.

worcej

#2896 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 am

snowy801 wrote:
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:41 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:05 pm

Aggressive and wrong means worcej is town
Hey now, I am right sometimes.
literally when
The one that always pisses me off more than anything is when I caught kgray as scum when she was being elusive to numerous compliments and questions regarding her play and then a white knight, AKA Chaqa, came in as her scum buddy to guilt me for being 'too aggressive' on her.

Town got rocked in that game and I never forget how I had her dead to rights.

worcej

#2897 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:27 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:40 am
ghug wrote:
snowy801 wrote:

bruh

I don’t think you’re helping his case though terrible lawyer
if you mean worcej’s heart, I think he does innately suspect me in most games. usually I aim to be nicer in discussing the issues than my dismissal earlier this evening, but in fairness, he usually doesn’t post multiple things that are verifiably false with a five second glimpse at the most recent posts I’ve made in the thread. I don’t think it makes him suspicious even, my impression is more lazy (not consciously-trying-to-slack lazy either, he just didn’t bother catching up before sounding off).

if you mean I’m always scum in my own heart… nah borther i’m the only townie on the planet 8-)
I generally just observe you in most games and find you're thought process is always consistently the same thing over and over in most games, which just strikes me as wrong and garners my scum vibes.

But, beyond that, honestly you're not really coming off as towny right now. You put in substantial effort N1 to establish you're going to flip snowy before anyone else. It comes off as trying to exhibit effort when it really isn't. I strongly believe D1 was TvT and I'd expect you to arrive at that conclusion long before I would.

worcej

#2898 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:28 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:43 am

I also find it informative and you're a key member in a set of people who would push for it as scum.

worcej

#2899 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:31 am

BTW, just going to announce this now, I will most likely miss the last 2 hours of EOD due to my fantasy football draft - I am the commissioner and it's a live auction draft, so I cannot easily sneak in content but will try to be around to at least snipe a vote in if needed.

Thus, I am front loading my effort here.

President Eden

#2900 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:39 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:17 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:43 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 am
Irrelevant - I doubt you stay there.
It directly contradicts what you said and demonstrates you haven’t been paying attention
To your one vote on Bona with a sarcastic reference to anime with zero contextual backup?

I didn't miss it - I just thought that it was rather bullshit.
I’m not trying to rub your nose in it bro, really, it’s just really clear that you were firing from the hip without really catching up. Please don’t double down on flat out objectively incorrect statements.

I’ve mentioned already that darg getting NK’d caught me by surprise. It shouldn’t be much of a surprise that I’m reconsidering things and trying to figure out what’s going on.

I’ve mentioned that I think Byz’s slot is still a decent chance to be mafia and that the flip would be informative about day 1, but I think you’ll see a gradual lessening in certainty on that because, after arguing about it with Sabi and Neon, I started getting the impression that I underappreciated how different their expectations for town play are, and that Byz might honestly have just been prideful and stubborn to the point of almost getting d1’d as town. I think my reticence to assume these negative character traits has been fairly well documented this game. It’s not a “tunnel,” it’s wanting to believe Byz is a better town player than the sorry showing we got.

I haven’t talked a lot about Bona yet, but I touched on the high point of the discussion. I don’t really want to go into details because he’s savvy enough to just give a plausible answer to my concerns and then go back to coasting like he has been since the damo flip. (I guess I’m tipping my hand a bit there but oh well.) These two reads are related as well—Vecna obviously disagrees here but I find it hard to buy the idea that Bona was choosing to bus Byz, so obviously if I think Byz is mafia I’m going to give Bona a pass, and if I decide Byz may actually be town then I’m going to have to rethink that pass.