MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1641 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:40 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am
ok im caught up

agree with neon celaph deserves a side eye but i don't think voting him is a solid idea atm. he will be very clearly town or scum soon anyways because.

the pyx had one solid post but his votes have been trash so far.
So we keep the potential scum alive now because they might probably make themself obvious later?

I don't understand this play but I will acquiesce to it I don't know where else to vote atm though.
everyone is potential scum. celaph will be clearer in the immediate future, so i'm a fan of just letting that be on the back burner.

Jamiet99uk

#1642 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:40 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 am
@Worcej: Can you recall a game, in the last 2-3 years, where you and I have both been town, and where you have correctly townread me on D1?

My bet is that the answer is no but I'd love to be wrong.

My theory is that you are really bad at reading me. My general recollection is that you always scumread me, and always attack me, in the early days of every game we play together, irrespective of what alignment I actually turn out to be.

If my theory is correct, perhaps you'd like to comment on why you are so bad at reading me. If my theory is wrong, then please disprove it.
Yes, most games honestly. I usually legitimately scum read you in the later phases of a game primarily because you show no hesitation when you get things wrong and continue to just barrel ahead onto the next read/opinion.
What should I do in that scenario?

Sit in the corner and cry?

Refuse to take any further part in the game?

Or keep trying?

What do you do when you get things wrong?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#1643 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:41 pm

Byzcuit wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:22 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:34 pm

How could you simultaneously accuse me of being scum because of voting for "low posters" whilst at the same time apparently thinking my vote was parked on President Eden the whole time?

It's unpossible for both those things to be correct.
ISO skimming is more of an art than a science.

Are you gonna be on on Friday? I've had mixed pings from you, but I feel like I could solve your slot with an hour or two of real time onteraction
I'm here now.

Jamiet99uk

#1644 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:42 pm

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:28 pm
lol, ofcourse

fuckers
What?

Rumi Tobari

#1645 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:40 pm
worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:19 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 am
@Worcej: Can you recall a game, in the last 2-3 years, where you and I have both been town, and where you have correctly townread me on D1?

My bet is that the answer is no but I'd love to be wrong.

My theory is that you are really bad at reading me. My general recollection is that you always scumread me, and always attack me, in the early days of every game we play together, irrespective of what alignment I actually turn out to be.

If my theory is correct, perhaps you'd like to comment on why you are so bad at reading me. If my theory is wrong, then please disprove it.
Yes, most games honestly. I usually legitimately scum read you in the later phases of a game primarily because you show no hesitation when you get things wrong and continue to just barrel ahead onto the next read/opinion.
What should I do in that scenario?

Sit in the corner and cry?

Refuse to take any further part in the game?

Or keep trying?

What do you do when you get things wrong?
That's kind of how I'd react. I'd atmit I was wrong. Apologize a ton, and feel really guilty about being wrong.

Bonatogether

#1646 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:44 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:16 am
@Bona:
@Ghug:

Given Bo_Sox has now participated, why are you still voting for him? You have been active since Bo_Sox arrived, but you have not changed your votes. Why do you scumread Bo?
##unvote
wee tied wagons

Rumi Tobari

#1647 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:47 pm

I have a question. Since ending a day on an unvote isn't legal in this game, what happens to people who end a game without a legal vote?

Bonatogether

#1648 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:48 pm

celaph wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:37 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am
ok im caught up

agree with neon celaph deserves a side eye but i don't think voting him is a solid idea atm. he will be very clearly town or scum soon anyways because.

the pyx had one solid post but his votes have been trash so far.
So we keep the potential scum alive now because they might probably make themself obvious later?

I don't understand this play but I will acquiesce to it I don't know where else to vote atm though.
For context, in my ~4 games as scum I've effectively obvscummed by D2 every game.
celaph kgray scumteam 8-)

BesharamSabi

#1649 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:49 pm

Everyone unvoting should vote damo because wagonomics because fun because damo is scum

Bonatogether

#1650 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:00 pm
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:42 pm
I like Jaime pestering me and others about his own wagon, a scum is more likely to just say "oh, fair enough, but you're wrong" Usually. Depends on meta.

Still see my original reasons to vote as good ones. Jamie doesn't seem super interested in original scumhunting. Which I'm just gonna be less forgiving of if there's a lot of noise in the thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you bandwagon voted Eden and then just parked there all day, right?
You are wrong. So far today I have at various times voted for Damo, Eden, Bo_Sox and then Eden again.

Not only are you wrong, but, more worryingly, your accusations against me have changed in a totally inconsistent manner.

Originally you accused me of, quote: "Blindly voting lowposters".

Now you are (incorrectly) asserting that I "Bandwagon voted Eden and just parked there all day"

These two statements are directly in conflict.

Eden is not a "low poster". Eden has been very active all day. He is the second-highest poster in the entire game.

How can you assert that I was only voting low-posters if you simultaneously thought I had my vote parked on Eden all day?

I can only conclude at this time that your push on me is fake and you wrongly believe me to be an easy mis-kill. I deduce that you are SCUM.

##Vote Byz
##vote Byz

choo choo

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1651 Post by Chaqa » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:47 pm
I have a question. Since ending a day on an unvote isn't legal in this game, what happens to people who end a game without a legal vote?
Maybe a warning, but eventually replacement or modkill.

BesharamSabi

#1652 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:51 pm

Bona plz

Rumi Tobari

#1653 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:53 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:49 pm
Everyone unvoting should vote damo because wagonomics because fun because damo is scum
While I can recognie the existence of the reasonings that make people suspect him to be scum (and had to be explained why these mean he might be scum), is there a reason to vote for Damo right now over someone else who might be scum?

And is there anyone else that opinions are leaning strongly towards being scum. I have trouble interpreting cues socially like this. THat's why I've been posting and engaging less, I've been realizing that I don't understand what I'm doing at all nor do I have the social perception to read into anything.

I'm kind of a burden to town. I'll take the vote off as a burden if it helps the game continue with people who actually know what they're doing and how to accurately identify people as scum.

BesharamSabi

#1654 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:56 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:53 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
While I can recognie the existence of the reasonings that make people suspect him to be scum (and had to be explained why these mean he might be scum), is there a reason to vote for Damo right now over someone else who might be scum?

And is there anyone else that opinions are leaning strongly towards being scum. I have trouble interpreting cues socially like this. THat's why I've been posting and engaging less, I've been realizing that I don't understand what I'm doing at all nor do I have the social perception to read into anything.

I'm kind of a burden to town. I'll take the vote off as a burden if it helps the game continue with people who actually know what they're doing and how to accurately identify people as scum.
You can change your vote if you find someone scummier. You just have to trust your gut at this point. Or your mind.

OK so who do you feel like haven't been trying to figure out people's alignment or attempted to solve the game?

Just give me names or whatever. There's no right or wrong answer at this point. I just want your opinion.

Rumi Tobari

#1655 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:59 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:56 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

You can change your vote if you find someone scummier. You just have to trust your gut at this point. Or your mind.

OK so who do you feel like haven't been trying to figure out people's alignment or attempted to solve the game?

Just give me names or whatever. There's no right or wrong answer at this point. I just want your opinion.
Can you tell me how I can do that thing in the bot where I cna look at all of someone's posts at once? Eden put up a link for Damo earlier but I don't know how to do it for anyone else.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1656 Post by dargorygel » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:02 pm

Quick post
Celaph feels ok to me. He reads like someone trying to help. It might be fake, but it doesn't seem like it after my iso.
Folk aren't interested in pyxie atm.
I also iso'd damo. I see sabi's point. I also see damo auditioning for webdip mafia stand up comic. Maybe he just doesn't see anything to dug into. But...
##vote damo

BesharamSabi

#1657 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:03 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:59 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:56 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:

Can you tell me how I can do that thing in the bot where I cna look at all of someone's posts at once? Eden put up a link for Damo earlier but I don't know how to do it for anyone else.
So if you go to the post count table. Just click the names and it pulls it up

http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/stats?g=75&phase=global

BesharamSabi

#1658 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:08 pm

We should start consolidating these vanity wagons in the next few hours. They are useless votes.

Rumi Tobari

#1659 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:09 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:02 pm
Quick post
Celaph feels ok to me. He reads like someone trying to help. It might be fake, but it doesn't seem like it after my iso.
I also iso'd damo. I see sabi's point. I also see damo auditioning for webdip mafia stand up comic. Maybe he just doesn't see anything to dug into. But...
##vote damo
This is going to sound silly, but I'm actually more inclined to trust the people who are suspicious of me vs the people who townread me. So I lowkey kind of want to trust Chaqa, I'd feel inclined to trust Bo more if Bo had been active enough to give me more of an impression as a person.

The people who I'm most suspicious of are honestly Damo (for the reasons stated earlier), and Pyx who did not feel like he was attempting to solve anything. At the same Bo similarly does not feel very participatey, kind of just here?

Celaph's questions feel more relevent and on topic, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I have no really strong opinions on others at this time.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1660 Post by dargorygel » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:13 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:09 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:02 pm
Quick post
##vote damo
This is going to sound silly, but I'm actually more inclined to trust the people who are suspicious of me vs the people who townread me. So I lowkey kind of want to trust Chaqa, I'd feel inclined to trust Bo more if Bo had been active enough to give me more of an impression as a person.

The people who I'm most suspicious of are honestly Damo (for the reasons stated earlier), and Pyx who did not feel like he was attempting to solve anything. At the same Bo similarly does not feel very participatey, kind of just here?

Celaph's questions feel more relevent and on topic, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I have no really strong opinions on others at this time.
Pretty good thoughts, rumi. So you know who you want to vote among. Damo or pyx. Am i summarizing you accurately?