MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Rumi Tobari

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1421 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:43 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:42 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:39 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:35 am

oh. I kind of assumed that meant there was a time specific period scumchat opened. I kind of still haven't actually read the rules.
I don't have time to read it now and need to get set up to stream, but the explanation stuff seems to have been written by Eden makes me expect helpful concise details from it when I do get around to reading it.

Hooray for Eden explanations!
Was it in scum chat 👀
I found the exxplanation of what Mafia is on the top link of the bot homepage. I kind of ignored that stuff.

worcej

#1422 Post by worcej » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:44 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

oh. I kind of assumed that meant there was a time specific period scumchat opened. I kind of still haven't actually read the rules.
I don't have time to read it now and need to get set up to stream, but the explanation stuff seems to have been written by Eden makes me expect helpful concise details from it when I do get around to reading it.

Was it in scum chat 👀
Beginning to see why you got a temp ban for angle shooting now lol

Bonatogether

#1423 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:44 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:21 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:19 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:17 am

wait, I'm terrible and deranged and you haven't spent enough time around me in a personal setting to realize that.

Damnit, I'm the little sister. x.x
if you do my chores, i'll do your hw
I studied a scattering programming, web design, database admin, and a bit of network security. I should probably be doing yours.

Deal. No takebacks.
'
🤝🤝

BesharamSabi

#1424 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:45 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:44 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

Was it in scum chat 👀
Beginning to see why you got a temp ban for angle shooting now lol
I will explain in detail what got me banned on a later time lol but shhh let me enjoy the unmoderated freedom

President Eden

#1425 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:53 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

Was it in scum chat 👀
I can only reckon that it’s the how-to guide that I wrote eight years ago, shortly after running the first webDip Mafia game.

In which case I worry that they may not be as concise as anticipated

Princess Neon

#1426 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:09 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm

Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.
Legit question: what do you mean by organically?

Why not just do a read list and just say it as it is - that’s not organic but at least it’s authentic and doesn’t need us to pry.
This whole organic talk is a thing I understand on a persoan level. I can scatterbounce around a casual conversation, and sometimes struggled with engaging in a dialogue that feels organic and not unnatural. For some reason I have no difficulty writing character dialogue though.
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 pm
I expect Sabi have genuine and strong concern for the new players having a good first experience in webdip mafia.

But it feels like an unbalanced reaction between defending Neon vs. caring about Rumi? It just feels like Sabi is treating the two new webdippees differently.

Rumi feels like an afterthought to keep up appearances :cry:
Okay, this one I have a theory about

So there was a partt in the first 10 or 20 pages where Sabi declaratively said "Neon is not town" and offered no further elaboration or explanation at the time on why they hold this opinion, and ignored me when I mentioned it. I'm not really able to tell town and scum apart too adeptly, but the whole statement "She is town" thing with no explanation why it was believed so declaratively (that she is probably is is irrelevent to this argument), and combiuned with some of hte other things, it comes off as Sabi really really wanting to believe in Neon.
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
I actually think you're one of the best players I've ever played with and like your in my top 3 people to play with play style wise. Don't change Sabi your great <3
I lowkey suspect that they might be more than just friends nad that there's personal subtext between the two.

Nah we just friends. At least I think we are friends I hope. I'm just being honest about how I feel in the above statement.

On the subject of the two of them, pages and pages ago, when I commented that Neon was defending herself by being defenseive, she mentioned that defensiveness was part of her scum meta and that as town its NAI. (I don't have an exact quote on this one available to me, and it might have been said by Sabi, my memory is kinda fried from earlier)

Does anyone have thoughts on this statement? That I mention she's being overly defenseive and then she's all "defensiveness is my scum meta, but its NAI as twon" when its mentioend?
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm

He's not memes because eden is an actually one of the best mafia players I know so that's why I'm just annoyed and tunneled on his slot. I don't even think he's omgus-ing me. He genuinely thinks I am not town.
I feel I have been very consistent in saying you have not distinguished yourself as town or mafia, but maybe not enough. So I will say it again lol.
It feels like some of the back and forth between Eden and Sabi has settled down, I admit I've forgotten the last eight pages of text I read while catching up before I started typing this, but I'm not entirely certain it has and Sabi is still voting for Eden.

Did they have some kind of agree to disagree moment? I need a more conceret explanation on how all that resolved.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1427 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:11 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:59 am
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:07 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am
ok im caught up

agree with neon celaph deserves a side eye but i don't think voting him is a solid idea atm. he will be very clearly town or scum soon anyways because.

the pyx had one solid post but his votes have been trash so far.
I've only voted once, Bona.

Maybe you need to read more carefully.
no u
omgus

##VOTE Bona

Princess Neon

#1428 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am

Bonatogether wrote:
ok im caught up

agree with neon celaph deserves a side eye but i don't think voting him is a solid idea atm. he will be very clearly town or scum soon anyways because.

So we keep the potential scum alive now because they might probably make themself obvious later?

I don't understand this play but I will acquiesce to it I don't know where else to vote atm though.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1429 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:16 am
Sigh, eden has moved up from scum lean to null. Begrudgingly I may add.

I hate this.

##VOTE damo
##end
Why end? Are we dragging out the end joke from the first half of D1? Kinda seems stale.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1430 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:17 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
ok im caught up

So we keep the potential scum alive now because they might probably make themself obvious later?

I don't understand this play but I will acquiesce to it I don't know where else to vote atm though.
I agree with you but I also got to watch celaph get DK'd D2 as godfather in M73 so I have faith in bona's theory

wait a second reviewing the game
https://mafia.peterlund.se/m73/game_status.html

it might have worked because celaph was a D1 wagon. let's recreate the same conditions

you're spared for now, bona

##VOTE celaph

Princess Neon

#1431 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:20 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:15 am
pyxxy wrote:
Vecna, Bona, Eden, you're three people I would want to read this post

Now that Sabi is gone, this series of posts from them intrigued me:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:52 pm
Neon is town but I will let yall figure that out but I swear to God if you scare her off I will send you to the shadow relm.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm
I veto any D1 kill in neon. Find someone else
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:24 pm
Here's neons games

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/34404

Under neon abrigal

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/35368

One is town, one is mafia.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:43 pm

Just worried about worcej scaring them off.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:55 pm
Rumi if the game isn't begin by fun or affecting you mentally, you can take breaks from it till you feel better. People take breaks all the time. You don't have to camp in the thread all day.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:18 pm
Neon, brainbomb is moth on mu
I expect Sabi have genuine and strong concern for the new players having a good first experience in webdip mafia.

But it feels like an unbalanced reaction between defending Neon vs. caring about Rumi? It just feels like Sabi is treating the two new webdippees differently.

Everyone already answered this but I invited neon personally brcaude:

A) I had a lot of fun working with her to catch scum

B) I felt her play style suited this place

I also told neon I would protect her this game when I asked her to sign up. I don't wan tto scare her off

Regardless Rumi is cool and I want him to have fun here.
<3

Don't protect me to hard though I won't get scared off promise.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1432 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:21 am

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:17 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
ok im caught up

I agree with you but I also got to watch celaph get DK'd D2 as godfather in M73 so I have faith in bona's theory

it might have worked because celaph was a D1 wagon. let's recreate the same conditions

##VOTE celaph
Pyxxy are you intoxicated?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1433 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:24 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:21 am
pyxxy wrote:

##VOTE celaph
No as that would weaken my immune system and I'm currently on day 8 of avoiding catching covid from my partner

Princess Neon

#1434 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:28 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:22 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:33 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:20 pm

Answer in orange
Don't doubt yourself. Be unapologetic in being you. Eventually people learn that you being you is town and that they are just misreading you and they stop trying to push bad lines of attack.
You were not here when Sabi utterly fooled people into towning them when they were scum.
Tb totally honest Sabi could probably utterly fool me into thinking they are Town as wolf and I'd still say this.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1435 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:30 am

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:24 am
ghug wrote:
pyxxy wrote:

##VOTE celaph
No as that would weaken my immune system and I'm currently on day 8 of avoiding catching covid from my partner
Ok then the post I quoted is suspicious.

Hope your partner's through the worst of it.

Princess Neon

#1436 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:33 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:24 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 am
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 pm
Legit question: what do you mean by organically?

Why not just do a read list and just say it as it is - that’s not organic but at least it’s authentic and doesn’t need us to pry.
This whole organic talk is a thing I understand on a persoan level. I can scatterbounce around a casual conversation, and sometimes struggled with engaging in a dialogue that feels organic and not unnatural. For some reason I have no difficulty writing character dialogue though.
pyxxy wrote:

Okay, this one I have a theory about

So there was a partt in the first 10 or 20 pages where Sabi declaratively said "Neon is not town" and offered no further elaboration or explanation at the time on why they hold this opinion, and ignored me when I mentioned it. I'm not really able to tell town and scum apart too adeptly, but the whole statement "She is town" thing with no explanation why it was believed so declaratively (that she is probably is is irrelevent to this argument), and combiuned with some of hte other things, it comes off as Sabi really really wanting to believe in Neon.
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
I actually think you're one of the best players I've ever played with and like your in my top 3 people to play with play style wise. Don't change Sabi your great <3
I lowkey suspect that they might be more than just friends nad that there's personal subtext between the two.

On the subject of the two of them, pages and pages ago, when I commented that Neon was defending herself by being defenseive, she mentioned that defensiveness was part of her scum meta and that as town its NAI. (I don't have an exact quote on this one available to me, and it might have been said by Sabi, my memory is kinda fried from earlier)

Does anyone have thoughts on this statement? That I mention she's being overly defenseive and then she's all "defensiveness is my scum meta, but its NAI as twon" when its mentioend?
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm

I feel I have been very consistent in saying you have not distinguished yourself as town or mafia, but maybe not enough. So I will say it again lol.
It feels like some of the back and forth between Eden and Sabi has settled down, I admit I've forgotten the last eight pages of text I read while catching up before I started typing this, but I'm not entirely certain it has and Sabi is still voting for Eden.

Did they have some kind of agree to disagree moment? I need a more conceret explanation on how all that resolved.
Okay lets breakthis down:

I never said neon wasn't town
. I said neon was town. I explained my read that she was town because overall her vibes and tone and genuine pure Ness was similar to our previous game.

neon and I are just friends. Neon has a partner and I'm very much not in mindset for any relationship. This is just purely friendship. We are mafia twin flames. She gets me. I get her. There's two players I meant that I have this with.

I got too busy to change vote. I'm not entirely sure if eden is out of his wolf range yet so I am keeping my vote there till he starts town telling.
^^

I just want to add that I'm like a Uber super duper emotional person and I don't hide that at all in any context so like I'm super attached to my friends.

If I'm being dumb you can tell me I'm being dumb and need to tone it down I dunno I can be a bit extra lol

Princess Neon

#1437 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:41 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:12 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:05 am
Any questions for me. Ama
what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow
Hey I made that joke earlier kinda. Thief.

Princess Neon

#1438 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:42 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:05 am
Any questions for me. Ama
Is my case on Cel bad? I don't know them am I reading into nothing?

If Cel flipped either way what does that do to your worldview on Byz?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1439 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:42 am

ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:30 am
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:24 am
ghug wrote:

Ok then the post I quoted is suspicious.

Hope your partner's through the worst of it.
What do you find suspicious about it?

partner is chilling worst was the sinus headache phase early on

Princess Neon

#1440 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:49 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:35 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:31 am
Without any context it seems likely that one of the four people that voted for the guy who hadn't posted 17 hours into the game if not more than one is probably scum looking to make it seem like they're doing something important!
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:32 am
##unvote
The timing on this is interesting 👀
My town read becomes less and less firm every 6 hours or so on Rumi...sadge