MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#961 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:37 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:30 pm
Here's how I play:

Build a towncore.

Bounce reads with said towncore.

Figure out slots im questioning so I can put them somewhere.

I hate conf biasing myself with slots that end up with town, I'm guilty of that and it takes up all my time and effort so I rather solve slots I have a feeling could maybe tiny bit be town.
This is how I usually play as town and I'm relatively sure you've shaded me for it in the past. Open to an evolving playstyle.

FWIW, I do see some differences from previously.

Rumi Tobari

#962 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:37 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:36 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Here's how I play:

Build a towncore.

I hate conf biasing myself with slots that end up with town, I'm guilty of that and it takes up all my time and effort so I rather solve slots I have a feeling could maybe tiny bit be town.
Yes, right, that’s similar to how I do things. The issue is I don’t see you actually doing any of this.
Eden has a point, and I've pointed this out. You're trying to save Eden's slot, but you're voting for eden. That doesn't actually say "Save your slot" at all and isn't doing anything to deesclaate this discusison.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#963 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:23 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:17 pm

My understanding is that a tie means nobody dies? And that seems the only way to keep Eden in because while Sabi is all "I just want to save your spot" Sabi noticably tried to vote andother person over Eden. (and I really only picked the non-present people everyone else seems to jump on for lack of acvitity, which seems like a pretty reasonable reason to choose someone without info)

Annd basisially I have a pre-stated personal investment in keeping Eden in because his explanations and such for things are some what beneficial for me fro mym social anxiety standpoint.
The problem with a tie in this setup is the effect of the name tags.

One of us is wearing a name tag which doubles their vote.

One of us is wearing a name tag which nullifies their vote.

So orchestrating a tie cannot be achieved with any certainty.
... I still don't know what hte nametags do. Okay then. Fair.
Every player have a nametag that isn't known for them. The nametags are exchanged on visits.

Six nametags have powers/actions associated with it (the player won't know if he hasn't peeked his nametag), but the action is triggered anyway.

The six nametags with powers/actions are:

ELLIOT NESS - Scan as INNOCENT
ALONZO HARRIS - Scan as GUILTY
LEROY JETHRO GIBBS - Double Vote Power
RODNEY FARVA - No Vote Power
BUFORD T. JUSTICE - Self-oracle on PEEK
(Your NAMETAG, PLAYER NAME, FACTION, and ROLE will all be posted in the game thread by the GM if you ##PEEK while you have this tag)
ALEX MURPHY - Deathbomb
(If daykilled, the next highest vote powered wagon will also die. If two or more players are tied, the one that at that vote count for the longest time will die)

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#964 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:39 pm

Celaph posted... sort of.

BesharamSabi

#965 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:40 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:34 pm
Ok, but the terms are common because they have meanings that reflect specific behaviors that the person is taking. I don’t see where you are taking these actions.

You talk about solving my slot, but I don’t see where you’ve actually done anything to do that. In the very same set of replies you asked “why me?” to a post which clearly stated why you were where you were. You didn’t even engage with the reason I already gave, and I doubt you’d have engaged the post at all if I hadn’t mentioned you.

You talk about forming a town core, but how does that have anything to do with my post or your reaction to it? Last I checked you thought I was mafia because “the vibes were off,” so why would you care who I think is town or mafia for the purpose of making your own town core?

You talk about avoiding confirmation bias, but I still don’t even see a single concrete reason from you as to why you’d have confirmation bias against me. How would I help you with it when you’ve made no effort to even communicate your read in a way that I can help you with it?

That’s why it all seems performative. These words you use to describe your behavior refer to actions I don’t actually see you taking. I just don’t get it.
I would have still engaged with the post even if you didn't mention me. I have asked several people who's read i trust to give me their reads. You posted your reads and I want you to expand on them.

You aren't in the towncore but I feel like I'm reading you wrong. I mentioned earlier I feel like my method of comparing how people are this game to their past games doesn't feel like a great way because I am not accounting for rust or changes. Like you really aren't feeling like towny eden even in your interactions with Rumi. Your banter, as dargo said it, feels like you are wearing a mask.

It's comf bias because, even tho I haven't vocalize it in the thread, every time I read your post I feel like I'm fucking up reading the tone and twisting everything you say to look like you are not being town. I'm viewing you interactions with Neon and Rumi as a way to pocket them because they are new and underestimate your wolf range.

What else do you want to know. I still struggle with vocalizing every thought I have in games.

Rumi Tobari

#966 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm

what happens if someone with one of the six power nametag dies, it it just removed from the game, or does it get ciruclated to the remaining people?

BesharamSabi

#967 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:37 pm
President Eden wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Here's how I play:

Build a towncore.

Yes, right, that’s similar to how I do things. The issue is I don’t see you actually doing any of this.
Eden has a point, and I've pointed this out. You're trying to save Eden's slot, but you're voting for eden. That doesn't actually say "Save your slot" at all and isn't doing anything to deesclaate this discusison.
I'm voting him because I'm frustrated with the bad faith attacks on my play style. I can always change my vote.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#968 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:42 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:

I'm voting him because I'm frustrated with the bad faith attacks on my play style. I can always change my vote.
You're talking like Eden

BesharamSabi

#969 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:42 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:32 pm
This method has made me catch 3/3 scum by D2 and in another game I vigged 2/2 scum at night that won us the game. So like my method works if people play the game.
I read two differnet things in this statement
1. I claim this to be true, but am not offering proof.
2. "This totally works, but everyone has to be on board with doing things my way"
I never said my way. I said to play the game and not shit post. Shit posting makes my attempts at solving the game harder because I don't have content to figure out people's alignment

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#970 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:43 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
what happens if someone with one of the six power nametag dies, it it just removed from the game, or does it get ciruclated to the remaining people?
Pretty good question. I'm pretty sure the nametag disappears.
I don't know if it is announced.
##CALL GM

celaph

#971 Post by celaph » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:43 pm

Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:19 pm
Newbies are so wonderfully... serious.
Feel like this post makes them likely town though. It's the exact sort of post a newbie trying to solve makes to try to understand the game. One that would be much more likely to made if they had scum chat to turn to.

##UNVOTE for now, but my vote needs a new home
This was my impression too. It's not a hard plan for new scum to come up with I think as it lets them control the flow of information, but I want to at least give Rumi a day or two before pushing them given their initial honesty.

Is scum chat open right now? I feel like it's normally a night thing here. Weak townslip?

Rumi Tobari

#972 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:43 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:

So basically, you're retalitaory voting against someone who has a subjective opinion of you that you disapprove of, but good news, you'll change your vote when they change their opnion?

BesharamSabi

#973 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:43 pm

Chaqa wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Here's how I play:

Build a towncore.

This is how I usually play as town and I'm relatively sure you've shaded me for it in the past. Open to an evolving playstyle.

FWIW, I do see some differences from previously.
I have won as town (or had correct reads) when I started playing like this. I'm sorry for shading you.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#974 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:45 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
I think it's just removed and the nametags will be informed on the flavor text.

Rumi Tobari

#975 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:45 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:42 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:32 pm
This method has made me catch 3/3 scum by D2 and in another game I vigged 2/2 scum at night that won us the game. So like my method works if people play the game.
I read two differnet things in this statement
1. I claim this to be true, but am not offering proof.
2. "This totally works, but everyone has to be on board with doing things my way"
I never said my way. I said to play the game and not shit post. Shit posting makes my attempts at solving the game harder because I don't have content to figure out people's alignment
"The way to play this game and not shitpost"?

I was under the impression that there are multiple ways to play?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#976 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:47 pm

"Shitpost" is a relative term. Both in what someone types, and howvitbis read.

BesharamSabi

#977 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:47 pm

I regret coming back here

President Eden

#978 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:47 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:
President Eden wrote:

What exactly does bad faith mean to you? Because I haven’t really been attacking your play and to the extent you could describe it as much, it is completely in good faith confusion as to what you are doing and why. If I were mafia, and you were my teammate, I wouldn’t be calling any attention to you like this, and if I were mafia and you were town, I would probably be making some shit up about seeing your progress and giving you credit for it, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you’d fall for it hook line and sinker. I can only ever be taking this tough love approach that I know would upset you if I’m town, because the only way it’s in my interest to do so is if I’m not actually sure what your alignment is and I need to get my thoughts out there, unflattering though they may be, so my other 11-12 teammates can help me out.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#979 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:48 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:47 pm
"Shitpost" is a relative term. Both in what someone types, and howvitbis read.
... and how many thick fingered typos are present.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#980 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:51 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:58 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:53 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 pm
Can people ask me game related questions so I can provide comtent
I'm tired of shitposting and want to move the game along to actual content
How do you believe your experiences since your last game here has impacted your ability to play?
I feel like everyone still thinks I'm a shitty player even tho I have changed a lot and idk I just feel like I'm never going to not be looked at the person who sandbagged and what not even tho I have taken steps to find a playstyle I enjoy and excel in.
Hey, I don't even think you were sandbagging!