MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
BesharamSabi
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 5020

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#281 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:47 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:46 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:25 pm


Bro you reviewed it with me and Chaqa
Wow eden lied

##VOTE eden
im like 70% sure you already voted eden
No. Check peterbot. That was my second vote in the game. First was to you Bona.

Ratio
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#282 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:47 am

Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:19 pm
Newbies are so wonderfully... serious.
Feel like this post makes them likely town though. It's the exact sort of post a newbie trying to solve makes to try to understand the game. One that would be much more likely to made if they had scum chat to turn to.

##UNVOTE for now, but my vote needs a new home
isn't this sentence an argument for why the toob is scum, though?
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#283 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:48 am

Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:30 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:30 pm
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:29 pm

Feel like this post makes them likely town though. It's the exact sort of post a newbie trying to solve makes to try to understand the game. One that would be much more likely to made if they had scum chat to turn to.

##UNVOTE for now, but my vote needs a new home
Vote one, I'll sheep you. Let's get them to 1 short of hammer with end and see what happens
Ghug and Eden are both pinging me. Ghug mainly.
rip bozo, playdip man
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#284 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:49 am

Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 pm
##VOTE Eden

##end
a further series of cringe

expected!
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#285 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:50 am

President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 pm
I’d really rather not, Bona and Chaqa are busy playing video games and would no-hesitation endhammer me if they saw the chance.
i would never
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#286 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:50 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:41 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 pm
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:35 pm
##VOTE Eden

##end
I am moderately surprised you didn't pick me, but ok.

##END
Yea but it's more fun to see eden squirm when he's under pressure
what pressure?
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 5020

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#287 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:51 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:50 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:41 pm
ghug wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:38 pm


I am moderately surprised you didn't pick me, but ok.

##END
Yea but it's more fun to see eden squirm when he's under pressure
what pressure?
The pressure of being hammered. He mentioned you and Chaqa would quick hammer him
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#288 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:53 am

Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:32 pm

As members of a community more familiar with eachother than I am with you. I assume mafia might know who the better players at identifying them are.

Conersely, an ulterior motive for a townie isn’t necessarily logical. Under the assumption townies don’t have any way if identifying eachother, they might have seen something socially in how someone acts in day 1 and identify them as mafia.

Jumping to conclusions on why someone breaks the agreement will only lead to problems. So the offending player would be expected to explain why they didn’t go along, and more importantly, why they choose the person they voted for.

Also a thing I would want to watch: is who comes to their defense, how quickly, and the attitude of other players towards the choice.
I think I follow you—you were thinking about proposing a plan that would force some action, which would trigger reactions from the other players that would allow us to sort.

As it happens, this sort of occurred; Byz voted you then decided your behavior was indicative of a newer town player, while I questioned your reasoning and haven’t stated my conclusion. What do you think about our two reactions?
For whatever reason, "I think I follow you" in this strikes me as scummy. Can't quite explain it, but it's too agreeable in a way that doesn't feel like it aims to solve. I'm usually pretty good at these feel reads.

Actually like this vote for more than just pressure.
For whatever reason, this entire fucking post strikes me as scummy. I can explain it, because I am a townsperson. I do not oversell myself because that's no bueno.

Actually I'm gonna ##vote Byz
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#289 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:54 am

Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:17 am
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:49 pm

Why is that?
What do you imagine it accomplishes?
Well, running someone up to the hammer is a tried and true method to get people going and generate readable moments. It's effective and fairly common.

Why are you so dismissive of it? Is it just because you are the one at risk?
not fairly common in these here parts

*good bad and ugly theme song plays*
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 3426
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 5020

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#290 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:55 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:53 am
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 pm

I think I follow you—you were thinking about proposing a plan that would force some action, which would trigger reactions from the other players that would allow us to sort.

As it happens, this sort of occurred; Byz voted you then decided your behavior was indicative of a newer town player, while I questioned your reasoning and haven’t stated my conclusion. What do you think about our two reactions?
For whatever reason, "I think I follow you" in this strikes me as scummy. Can't quite explain it, but it's too agreeable in a way that doesn't feel like it aims to solve. I'm usually pretty good at these feel reads.

Actually like this vote for more than just pressure.
For whatever reason, this entire fucking post strikes me as scummy. I can explain it, because I am a townsperson. I do not oversell myself because that's no bueno.

Actually I'm gonna ##vote Byz
Bad vote
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#291 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:55 am

Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:37 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:22 am
Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 am


Well, running someone up to the hammer is a tried and true method to get people going and generate readable moments. It’s effective and fairly common.

Why are you so dismissive of it? Is it just because you are the one at risk?
Because openly announcing that you’re fabricating a push eliminates any need for people to have authentic reactions. Doubly so when you choose a popular meme target—not that you’d have known I was one, but you deferred to Sabi, who does.
If you don't give me a reason to vote elsewhere, I'll gladly sit here until eod

Plenty of successful wagons started as memes. Votes count.
your mom's a meme lol
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#292 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:56 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:52 am
##Vote Sabi
##END
what a based individual
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#293 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:59 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:17 am
Where the fuck is Bona
i live in the eternal present 8-)
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#294 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:59 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:18 am
Eden doesn't seem townie rn
snopes has deemed this: false
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#295 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:00 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:24 am
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:11 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:31 am


Welcome to the 90s forum
Someone who clearly didn't spend time on 90s forums.

This is clearly a late-2000s forum
Would you believe me if I told you that this forum is younger than Bonatogether?
weeeee
2

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#296 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:01 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:30 am
Can we vote for ourselves? I'm a little tempted to put myself at risk to at least show that I'm kind of sincere but just stupid?
well if you say it, it doesn't do anything
1

President Eden
Posts: 4987
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 8563

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#297 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:02 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:53 am
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 pm

I think I follow you—you were thinking about proposing a plan that would force some action, which would trigger reactions from the other players that would allow us to sort.

As it happens, this sort of occurred; Byz voted you then decided your behavior was indicative of a newer town player, while I questioned your reasoning and haven’t stated my conclusion. What do you think about our two reactions?
For whatever reason, “I think I follow you” in this strikes me as scummy. Can’t quite explain it, but it’s too agreeable in a way that doesn’t feel like it aims to solve. I’m usually pretty good at these feel reads.

Actually like this vote for more than just pressure.
For whatever reason, this entire fucking post strikes me as scummy. I can explain it, because I am a townsperson. I do not oversell myself because that’s no bueno.

Actually I’m gonna ##vote Byz
:lol:
1

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#298 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:06 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:42 am
Evert site I have played in is very hammer friendly.

I'm ready to change webdip meta for this
in web diplomacy, meta changes YOU
1

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6455
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2404

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#299 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:06 am

Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:37 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:32 pm

As members of a community more familiar with eachother than I am with you. I assume mafia might know who the better players at identifying them are.

Conersely, an ulterior motive for a townie isn’t necessarily logical. Under the assumption townies don’t have any way if identifying eachother, they might have seen something socially in how someone acts in day 1 and identify them as mafia.

Jumping to conclusions on why someone breaks the agreement will only lead to problems. So the offending player would be expected to explain why they didn’t go along, and more importantly, why they choose the person they voted for.

Also a thing I would want to watch: is who comes to their defense, how quickly, and the attitude of other players towards the choice.
I think I follow you—you were thinking about proposing a plan that would force some action, which would trigger reactions from the other players that would allow us to sort.

As it happens, this sort of occurred; Byz voted you then decided your behavior was indicative of a newer town player, while I questioned your reasoning and haven’t stated my conclusion. What do you think about our two reactions?
For whatever reason, "I think I follow you" in this strikes me as scummy. Can't quite explain it, but it's too agreeable in a way that doesn't feel like it aims to solve. I'm usually pretty good at these feel reads.

Actually like this vote for more than just pressure.
I really like this post. Not so sure about Eden as I don't read him well, but many townie points to Byz
2

Bonatogether
Posts: 5704
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3408
Contact:

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#300 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:07 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:32 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:27 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:13 pm
Bone is FROZEN and CRYINGin mafia chat
i forgot about this until just now

also i'm is never frozen - only ice cool 8-)
I'm sorry about ur rand
no need, i'm going to win
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hamish and 7 guests