M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:42 pm

M72 GAME INFORMATION

GM: Tom Bombadil
Cohost: BersharamSabi
Day Phase Deadline: 8pm EST (UTC -5)
Day Phase Length: 48 hours
Night Phase Deadline: 8pm EST (UTC -5)
Night Phase Length: 24 hours
Start Time: 8pm

MAFIA OVERVIEW

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of this game for the town majority is to kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. The objective of the mafia minority is to survive until they outnumber the town. The game is typically very active, so the thread will grow quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game.

GENERAL RULES

This game follows standard WebDip Mafia Rules, located here. However, note the following exceptions:

Deadlines are slightly later than typical mafia run on the site.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

Players may be warned, forcibly replaced, or modkilled for violation of game rules. The GM team will attempt to minimize disruption to the game, but will use whatever means are needed to preserve the integrity of the game.

Players who have site-wide muted other players must unmute them to participate in this game. Players who have been silenced on webDiplomacy due to site infractions will be forcibly replaced from the game.

Players who wish to quit playing may be replaced at GM discretion. Replacement is not guaranteed. Substitutes cannot participate in spectator chats until they sub into the game and are subsequently removed from it (e.g., by dying).

VOTING

To vote for a player, type ##VOTE <player> (e.g. ##VOTE Eden). You may unvote by typing ##UNVOTE. You may switch from voting one player to another without unvoting first (e.g., if you ##VOTE Eden then type ##VOTE Bona, you will vote for Bona). You may choose to no-kill by typing ##UNVOTE. You don’t need to type out the player’s full name, but failing to do so may lead to ambiguity that causes errors in vote tallying, particularly with the bot. In the event of a tie vote at the end of the day, no player will be killed.

You may vote to end the day early by typing ##END. If a majority of players are voting ##END and casting the same vote (whether for a player or to no-kill), the phase will end early. If the day ends more than 8 hours into the start of the day phase, the remaining time will be added to the next night phase; if the day ends less than 8 hours into the start of the day phase, the next night phase will end 24 hours early.

SETUP DETAILS IN NEXT POST; PLEASE HOLD!

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M72 - “Echoes of Evelyn” - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:43 pm

SETUP INFORMATION

M72 is an open setup. There are 16 members of the town and 5 members of the mafia.

16 town:

1 Cop
1 Doctor
14 Vanilla Townies

5 Mafia:

1 Godfather
1 Roleblocker
3 Goons

Role PMs

TOWN ROLES:

VANILLA TOWNIE

You are a VANILLA TOWNIE. Each day you must vote for a suspect. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

COP

You are the COP. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may investigate a player by PM'ing the GM with the order ##INVESTIGATE <NAME>. Your target will not be aware of your visit. At the end of the night, you will receive a report telling you whether that player is sided with the Mafia or the Town. Certain roles may give false results here. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

DOCTOR

You are the DOCTOR. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may visit a player by PM'ing the GM with the order ##SAVE <NAME>. At the end of the night, if they have been targeted by the mafia you will save their life. You will know if you successfully performed a save. Your target will be notified only if they have been successfully saved. You may visit yourself. You may not visit the same player on consecutive nights. You win when all of the Mafia have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

MAFIA ROLES:

ROLEBLOCKER

You are the the ROLEBLOCKER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. Each night, you may visit another player by PM'ing both GMs with the order ##ROLEBLOCK <NAME>. If that player attempts any night actions, they will fail. They will learn that they were roleblocked. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia discord channel <link> Your teammates are <NAME>, the Goon, <NAME>, the Goon, <NAME>, the Goon, and <NAME>, the Godfather. You win when all of the Town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

GODFATHER

You are the GODFATHER. Each day you must vote for a suspect. If you are investigated by the cop, you will appear to be sided with the TOWN. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia discord channel <link>. Your teammates are <NAME>, the Roleblocker, <NAME>, the Goon, <NAME>, the Goon, and <NAME>, the Goon. You win when all of the Town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening.

GOON
You are MAFIA GOON. Each day you must vote for a suspect. At night you can talk to the other Mafia in the Mafia discord channel <link>. Your teammates are <NAME>, the Goon, <NAME> the Goon, <NAME>, the Godfather, and <NAME>, the Roleblocker. You win when all of the Town have been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from happening

Order of Operations

n/a – rolebock obviously happens prior to doc save / cop scan

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:44 pm

Player List (non-alphabetized. Deal with it):

1. BobMcBob
2. Durga
3. ghug
4. Bozotheclown
5. TheFlyingBoat
6. DeathLlama
7. Celaph
8. Hellenic Riot
9. goldfinger0303
10. BusinessLamp
11. Fluminator
12. kgray
13. Chaqa
14. Donny Dude
15. Rdrivera2005
16. damo666
17. Foxcastle
18. Maniac
19. Jamiet99uk
20. Bonatogether
21. DemonRHK

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#4 Post by Tom Bombadil » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:48 pm

Prologue

Willem giggled as he raced after his older sister Mara, the mud squishing beneath his well worn boots. He rounded the corner and then stopped. Mara was no longer fleeing, but instead facing him – her thirteen-year-old figure towered over him, with the bright sun behind her. Willem’s fingers tightened around the hilt of his wooden sword as he raised it, tip now pointed at Mara.

“You’ve ravaged these lands for far too long, Mara the Terrible!” he shouted, struggling to stifle a grin.

“That’s where you are wrong” she replied, “I’ve only just begun my conquest!”

“Well then” Willem said, “Prepare to die in battle!”

He took one step forward before he heard a second voice from behind.

“One more step and this arrow pierces your heart!”

Willem whirled around and saw Sara, his other sister, crouched with her practice bow drawn. Her eyes glittered with mischief and her arm trembled with the weight of the drawn bow.

“What? Come on. That’s not fair,” shouted Willem. “You two never play fair. I’m always outnumbered.”

“Well, it's not our fault there are two of us and one of you. Maybe you could…"

CRACK!

The noise was deafening. It was how Willem imagined lightning would sound if it struck the ground right next to him. He followed his sisters as they turned and raced back towards the house. He could hear father shouting their names – his voice battling against the ringing in Willem’s ears. It was when he reached the front of the house that he saw her. A woman, elegantly dressed in a black cloak stood alone in the road near the center of their small village. She turned to face them, her glossy black hair shining in the sunlight.

“My god…no..god no…” Willem’s father uttered, his eyes wide.

Willem looked around, noticing that many of the villages were now out of their homes as well, looking to see what caused such a noise. As he looked, Willem saw that they all held grim expressions on their faces.

“People of Hanovir,” the woman began, “I come to you today to request the honor of serving your Emperor and his reign. Your offerings will help continue the prosperity of our great nation. Give what you can and know that your people will be blessed with His generosity in return.”

“Lady of Power” a voice said. Willem turned toward the voice and saw Bennett, the town butcher kneel in front of this mysterious woman.

“Lady of Power,” he continued, “Accept my son as your own. He is healthy and good with a blade.”

“Thank you. May He bless you for eternity.”

Flora now stepped forward. She ran the market with her husband.

“Take me, my lady. I will serve however is needed.” She said, bowing her head.

“Do you not have children of your own?” the woman in black asked, a hint of sympathy in her voice.

“No…no we don’t” Flora replied quickly. Willem did not know who this woman was, but he knew that Flora had two children.

“Do not lie to me, commoner” the woman replied flatly, the sympathy replaced by deep coldness. “Bring me your children. It is the duty of the people, and an honor to serve His empire.”

Flora sobbed quietly and went into her house and returned with two boys of no older in their early teenage years, faces awash with terror.

“Good. And you?” the woman asked, her eyes now fixed on Willem’s father.

“We have three, '' he stammered. “Two daughters and a son. Take who pleases you.” Willem stood shocked and stole a look at his father. His father would not return his gaze, eyes fixed on the ground directly in front of him.

“The girls,” the woman responded.

Willem’s father placed his hands on Mara and Sara’s backs and gently pushed them forward towards the woman and other children selected. They moved forward reluctantly, heads turning back to their father – but his eyes remained transfixed on the ground.

“No! You can’t do this!” Willem shouted. His hand reached for the wooden sword in its sheath, wishing he had the real thing.

“What did you say, boy?” the woman snarled.

“Willem, no!” his father shouted, his eyes full of tears finally returning Willem’s stare. “Go home now! He doesn’t mean that” he pleaded to the woman.

“Yes, I do!” screamed Willem. He sprinted toward the woman, his sword pointed at her chest.

The woman’s eyes closed, and suddenly she seemed to glow. A blue smoke rose off her shoulders, evaporating into the air. When her eyes reopened, twenty soldiers appeared around her – weapons drawn. Except they weren’t real soldiers, at least not really. Willem had never seen anything like it in his life. The soldiers weren’t real. Willem could see through them – the light was distorted through their frames, but Willem could make out the blurry shape of the market directly through one of the soldiers in front of him. Their bodies seemed to have no real substance, like spirits from grandma’s stories. The same blue smoke that rose off of this woman, shimmered around their forms.

“I am Ksenia of Vermir. The Lady of Power. And you will NOT defy me” she bellowed.

Willem dropped his sword. His feet were planted in place and terror paralyzed his limbs. Ksenia gathered the children and huddled them together. The soldiers, or spirits, or whatever they were, stood between them and Willem, their swords at the ready. Then suddenly, another CRACK and they were gone. Ksenia, the soldiers, the children, and Willem’s sisters. All gone in an instant.

Willem dropped to his knees and sobbed.

PLEASE DO NOT POST UNTIL GAME START

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#5 Post by Tom Bombadil » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:00 am

Chapter 1

Evelyn focused her mind on the spoon as it hovered above her palm, facing up towards the ceiling. She pushed with her mind and the spoon darted upward, now several feet above her hand – suspended in the air, held there only by the energy burned by Evelyn’s mind. She felt a bead of sweat forming on her brow as she pushed her mental limits moving the spoon up and down in the air. Next to her hand on the table was a steaming bowl of oats. Evelyn breathed in and her nostrils caught the scent of cinnamon. The smell was intoxicating, and her stomach grumbled with anticipation. The metal spoon clanked once off the edge of the table, her focus lost, and then clattered again on the wood floor.

“I wish you wouldn’t do that here,” her father whispered.

“I know, Dad. But I need to practice here. Would you rather me practice out there?” she said, gesturing towards the door of their quaint home.

“Of course not. Don’t even joke about that Ev,” he snapped. “I wish you wouldn’t do it at all.” He picked the spoon up from the floor. “You are risking everything for what? Levitating a spoon at the tavern to impress your friends?”

“You know I don’t do that, Dad. I need to practice. I can’t explain why. I just know that I can do this for a reason. You know I’m careful. And that I never practice outside of these walls.”

His demeanor softened. “I know Ev. I made a promise to your mother that I wouldn’t let anything happen to you. I don’t know how I could live with myself if… she… found you.”

“She won't, Dad. I never use my magic outside. Never. Can we just drop it, and enjoy this exquisite meal that you have prepared for us?”

A faint smile crossed his lips. “You know what they say…” he started.

Evelyn deepened her voice, a not particularly accurate impersonation of her father, “Men have been eating oats for thousands of years…and it is a good thing, because it is the only thing I know how to cook.”

They shared a knowing grin and sat and ate their supper together.

DAY ONE HAS BEGUN. YOU MAY NOW POST.

Bonatogether

#6 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:01 am

this game sux

Bonatogether

#7 Post by Bonatogether » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:02 am

##vote sabi

Donny Dude

#8 Post by Donny Dude » Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:02 am