M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12812
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 7220

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3201 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:16 am

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:07 am
I really hope it's at least one of ghug/bona because (1) if not we're getting destroyed lmao (2) we'll have less info to go on even if we get today right (3) if ghug specifically is town we've probably already lost given the current vote

still strongly townread sabi so in that case it'd have to be exactly damo/darg/squigs

in terms of potential bona teammates from eod2 damo (bona was second highest scumread around halfway through d2, but never seriously considers the wagon) and kinda squigs ("trending upwards" with 3 hours left and explains why, but at least was scumreading him before) were the only people around who especially scumread bona
Wait why me and Bona specifically?
1

Squigs44
Developer
Developer
Posts: 4002
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: OKC
Karma: 1999

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3202 Post by Squigs44 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:35 am

Ugh... I'm on vacation and internet is going in and out so I lost a big long post I had written. Yall get the tldr:

-I thought there would be a bigger reaction to me naked voting ghug as my only post in 2 and a half days, which is strange
-Accepting that ghug is scum is the only way this game makes sense/the only way I can cope with playing so bad
-ghugs impossible to guess scummates on because he's good at setting up his interactions with scum/town
-Best guess as teammates in order are Sabi, darg, damo, Bona. DL has to be town or its already over
-ghug seems too calm, like he knows he is going to die but is okay with it cause he thinks his teammates can win

Almost guaranteed I won't be on at EoD even with extension, still with family.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3203 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:48 am

OK I need to stay awake and pull an all nighter because I have to leave for the airport in like 3 hours so I can finally catch up and engage with the game. I apologize again for not posting in the last two and half days. Like I said, Thanksgiving and my family both overwhelmed me and I haven't seen everyone in forever. I should have not signed up if I knew about how busy I was going to be.

Anyway I'm sad to see my bozo read was in fact wrong. I'm sorry for voting for you bozo and for thinking you were scum. I am also sad to see Jamie died. Glad he was town and also glad I was finally correct in my read of him for once. This has never happened before.

OK now time to respond and ask questions. Sorry for flood of incoming posts.
1

President Eden
Posts: 3076
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4980

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3204 Post by President Eden » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:53 am

President Eden wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 am
DM me with a message indicating whether or not you would like to extend this phase for 24 hours. If everyone privately agrees to do so, I will extend it.
If this is to happen, I will announce it no later than noon CST tomorrow (5h before deadline). I’ll announce sooner than that once I hear from everyone.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3205 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:55 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:52 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:51 pm
So I guess this means there are 4 mafia.
I was right about Sabi all along?
Right about what? Clearly I was wrong about my assumption in regards to there being 4 mafia and all my screaming and freaking out about how we can't afford another miskill because if we had four mafia we would be fucked.

If anything this is further evidence that I'm in fact not scum.

But if you still believe I'm scum I would like to see why or how I am scum.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3206 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:59 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:58 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:56 pm
Squigs44 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:56 pm
Im the only one other than ghug on the Bozo wagon here at EoD, aren't I? That's why Bozo asked me to switch, I'm his only hope
It might be KILO and more than half the game is gone.
Regardless of how this game ends, towns play has been awful this game, myself included tbh
How much of the town being bad due to lack of pr and it also being the holidays, travel, and/or family time?

I can't fault the town for being less engaged in the last two game days due to out of game factors. Yes I am including myself into this. I legitimately dropped the ball and feel bad about it. I'm here now tho.

If it wasn't holidays I'm sure town would play better. Agree or disagree?
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3207 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:01 am

damo666 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:13 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:12 pm
Fuck

At least we know there are only three scum, I guess...
Who are the other two ghug?
Damo, who do you think are ghug scum team mates and why? Also who do you think isn't his team mates.

Please teach me how you figure out the scum pairs thing because it seems like that scene in always sunny with Charlie with the evidence board thing.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3208 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:03 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:06 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:14 am
i should have no voted and forced motion

idk where we go from here
Lets wait and see who the NK is but I think we should vote from the pool of Bozo voters excluding you.
So night kill has happened and it was Jamie.

Who from the bozo pool would you vote for and why. I guess me included.

I apologize if you answered this already. I'm catching up atm
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12812
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 7220

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3209 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:35 am
Ugh... I'm on vacation and internet is going in and out so I lost a big long post I had written. Yall get the tldr:

-I thought there would be a bigger reaction to me naked voting ghug as my only post in 2 and a half days, which is strange
-Accepting that ghug is scum is the only way this game makes sense/the only way I can cope with playing so bad
-ghugs impossible to guess scummates on because he's good at setting up his interactions with scum/town
-Best guess as teammates in order are Sabi, darg, damo, Bona. DL has to be town or its already over
-ghug seems too calm, like he knows he is going to die but is okay with it cause he thinks his teammates can win

Almost guaranteed I won't be on at EoD even with extension, still with family.
Ok you need to not be voting for me before you leave for the day. I get that we're all busy, but throwing up your hands and saying "it must be ghug" because the game isn't going well is shitty. You believed darg was scum yesterday. That should still be true today.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3210 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:07 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:52 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:22 am
Oh dear.

I told you Bozo was Town. My mind was changed by a combination of his tactless, superior droning, and the fact he did a survey.

Ghug is scum.

The other two are in the pool of Damo / Bona / Darg.
I'm scum because what? Bozo said so?
Snowy said so too.

You were the counterwagon to Bozo and I'm finding it very hard to believe that all three EoDs have been Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town.

You've been coasting in this game. Sure, you say quite a lot of things, but you have largely come across as being very laid back. The one time you've seemed genuinely agitated was during the last EoD when I said I might not be around and you snapped at me to move my vote (I was still on Damo). I assume you thought I'd move to Bozo.
After reading this and remembering my reread of snowy and also bozo claims on ghug I'm willing to vote for ghug at the moment. I will change my vote before EOD but to give everyone a better frame of my mind (and so Eden doesn't threaten to mod kill me for not voting):

##VOTE Ghuggles

Unless damo or dargo or Squigs or bona wagons form maybe?

I guess the only person I don't see myself voting for is DL because he's my only 100% townread left.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12812
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 7220

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3211 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:08 am

Jesus Christ we're gonna lose.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3212 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:08 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:17 am
Something very strange about yesterday was this sequence of things:

1. I said I suspected Bona.
2. I voted for Bona.
3. Bona responded to my post indicating suspicion of him and said "then vote me lol".
4. Two people pointed out to Bona that I actually was already voting him when he'd said that.
5. Bona continued posting. He made 18 posts in D3 after the one where he said "Vote me lol" to me. In NONE of those 18 posts did he mention me, respond to my vote, or make any reference whatsoever to acknowledge that he'd even seen it. He totally avoided me.

This is very odd.
Just wanted to re emphasize this post that might have gotten lost in everyone catching up.

Seems like solid analysis on Bona and his weirdness that even I can't explain away.

Bona what's up with all of this? I'm sorry if you already answered this. I am still catching up.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12812
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 7220

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3213 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:11 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:06 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:07 am
ghug wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:52 am


I'm scum because what? Bozo said so?
Snowy said so too.

You were the counterwagon to Bozo and I'm finding it very hard to believe that all three EoDs have been Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town vs Town.

You've been coasting in this game. Sure, you say quite a lot of things, but you have largely come across as being very laid back. The one time you've seemed genuinely agitated was during the last EoD when I said I might not be around and you snapped at me to move my vote (I was still on Damo). I assume you thought I'd move to Bozo.
After reading this and remembering my reread of snowy and also bozo claims on ghug I'm willing to vote for ghug at the moment. I will change my vote before EOD but to give everyone a better frame of my mind (and so Eden doesn't threaten to mod kill me for not voting):

##VOTE Ghuggles

Unless damo or dargo or Squigs or bona wagons form maybe?

I guess the only person I don't see myself voting for is DL because he's my only 100% townread left.
Jamie's never been right about scum in his life. What warrants flipping to ghug as top scumread just because he died? "The people we daykilled for being scummy thought ghug was scum" isn't a good reason to scumread me either.

Y'all don't get to abdicate responsibility and trust the dead people rather than actually working to solve this. You kill me for no fucking reason and it's on you, not me or them.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3214 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:12 am

ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:08 am
Jesus Christ we're gonna lose.
We won't. Like I said I'm willing to change my vote. I just voted right now because everyone yells at me for waiting till the last hour. Will I end up changing my vote, yes.

Who do you think I should vote for instead of you?
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3215 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:14 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:06 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:03 pm
how can you possibly townread damo over sabi lmao
Sabi has checked out entirely. I think it's probably bona though, which is sad.
I was busy since Wednesday. I'm back and 100% checked into this game (minus the few hours that I will be in the air for).

Between Bona and Damo and Dargo, who is most likely scum? Or is it all three.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 12812
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 7220

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3216 Post by ghug » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:16 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:12 am
ghug wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:08 am
Jesus Christ we're gonna lose.
We won't. Like I said I'm willing to change my vote. I just voted right now because everyone yells at me for waiting till the last hour. Will I end up changing my vote, yes.

Who do you think I should vote for instead of you?
Darg. I'd vote for DL or Bona too, though, if it came down to it.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 1502
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 2242

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3217 Post by BesharamSabi » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:20 am

OK the remaining people I haven't responded to:

Squigs44:

Who is on top of your scum read list besides ghug?

Why did you naked vote him and then came back in and re emphasized the naked vote?

If you do end up coming back before EOD who would you change your vote for?

---

DeathLlama8:

Who is your top of your scum list?

Do you buy into ghug theory that the scum team include 2-3 hard town core read players? If so which hardcore townread do you think it is?

--

Dargo

Which players read so far that you disagreed with lately? It can't be a read on yourself.

Which wagon would form to counter ghug's wagon?
1

damo666
Posts: 10688
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3364

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3218 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:24 pm

Sorry for absence.

Blame alcohol.

Gonna do a total rethink.

Alligators.

Have a ghughead.
1

damo666
Posts: 10688
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3364

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3219 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:35 pm

##vote Squigs

Why did you not switch?
1

damo666
Posts: 10688
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 3364

Re: M1020 — Speed Run Mafia GAME THREAD [HIDDEN]

#3220 Post by damo666 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:36 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:50 pm
what are the odds everyone is town?

##vote ghug though
nil
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests