M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1801 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:07 pm

DeathLlama8 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:45 pm
Kakarroto calling lfischl voters lazy and suggesting they poke somewhere else is fine on it’s own but a little weird considering he’s otherwise exclusively been shitposting
This has also aged well.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5739
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1633

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1802 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:58 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:41 pm
DeathLlama8 wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:44 pm
cool thanks
wb the PoE ranking?
Sure, the ranking is more a product of meta analysis and less of hard behavior, something I hope to supplement during my reread and in fact I already do feel somewhat less confident in it. I liked some of Bunny's earlier posts but points about him being a replacement and therefore easily able to play as town since that's how he basically thought about it before he replaced was convincing to me that I shouldn't take that as town indicative as one would initially think. Further some of his later posts were far less appealing and that was true even before ghug's death. Bunnicula is now pretty higher on my list.

Rdr is someone who's posting I generally like but do find to be hard to read for certain. He hasn't done anything I would consider obv town and is therefore in the PoE. He was on the back side of it earlier just in front of bunny because while he hadn't obv towned he had posted well but not that bunny is higher up on my list, rdr is now at the bottom of it. The fact he didn't really fight it at all and understood why he was on the list was nice.

Durga has seemed off this game and hasn't been asking the tough questions I saw her ask last time and has been shitposting interspersed with a little bit of righteous indignation for not being seen as obv town yet.

As for Jamie, he's been far too nice and unabrasive. Someone told me in the last game Jamie fakes being nice when he's scum where he feels more comfortable being an asshole when he's town.
Well here we go.

Disagree with you on Durga, she seems to be questioning people pretty sincerely.

Disagree with you on me, and can I just say once more for the record, that I am sick and tired of being punished for trying to be nice and polite? You are all literally giving me an incentive to be an emotional, unpleasant asshole and it's really quite unpleasant of you. I can't always keep my emotions in check but it's pretty toxic that whenever I do, you all immediately scumread me for it?
That's something I agree. We can't wait for town Jamiet to be toxic, in fact we shouldn't incentive anyone to be toxic as any alignment.
1

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1803 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:29 pm

I agree - and I love pleasant Jamie - I just think it's a little strange he totally ignored the vote.

damo666
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2983

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1804 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:50 pm

After a complete reread my assessment of approx % chance of remaining players being town is as follows:

damo 100
DL 90
Doom 90
Durga 80
rdr 80
TFB 80
Bunny 75
Sabi 55
Jamie 50

Obviously my lost sibling should be 100% but I do wish to reveal. If and when they reveal themselves the %s can be renormalised.

Rest assured that protocol has been established such that when they do reveal there will be absolutely no doubt of their authenticity.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18448
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10230
Contact:

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1805 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:12 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:35 pm

And everything ghug and snowy and damo thought isn't worth much on reread because they're all town who knew nothing (except that 2 of them were PRs) so the only gleaning is what kaka did, and what the unknown people did.
You're aware that Damo is still alive, right?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18448
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10230
Contact:

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1806 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:16 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:29 pm
I agree - and I love pleasant Jamie - I just think it's a little strange he totally ignored the vote.
Tbh in this setup, in the current game state, votes on me are wrong, but not illogical. I accept that I am in a reasonable POE who are nowhere near clear as town, and we have one living townclear and another person who is town-clear-able, and I've already pretty much admitted that that isn't me.

My usual reaction to being tunnelled by some idiot like Ghug or whatever is because they often seem to vote me for stupid, fake reasons or provide infuriating responses when I attempt to engage with them. You're not doing that so I'm not cross with you.

I'd rather you vote for someone else, of course, because I'm Town. What about TFB, he's pretty sketchy?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18448
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10230
Contact:

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1807 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:16 pm

* POE pool

damo666
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2983

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1808 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:37 pm

Game is stalling again

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1809 Post by Doom427 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Well, then let's talk about something different- what do you think of Mafia shooting at people who post the most? Do you think there's some other reason for the Snowy/Ghug votes?

While it makes to sense to Kill Ghug, cause he's hex, Mafia wouldn't know that. Did they pick up on something? Or is it trying to shoot high posters?

damo666
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2983

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1810 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:50 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 pm
Well, then let's talk about something different- what do you think of Mafia shooting at people who post the most? Do you think there's some other reason for the Snowy/Ghug votes?

While it makes to sense to Kill Ghug, cause he's hex, Mafia wouldn't know that. Did they pick up on something? Or is it trying to shoot high posters?
I think it's just more they are perceived as good players.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1811 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:58 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:12 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:35 pm

And everything ghug and snowy and damo thought isn't worth much on reread because they're all town who knew nothing (except that 2 of them were PRs) so the only gleaning is what kaka did, and what the unknown people did.
You're aware that Damo is still alive, right?
You're nitpicking that I put Damo in my 100% town read? FFS. If the other child didn't go to him last night I'll take the rest of the year off playing. And if they went and were told he wasn't a child, I don't know why they haven't said anything yet. That's all crazy. Stop being a pedant.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1812 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 pm
Well, then let's talk about something different- what do you think of Mafia shooting at people who post the most? Do you think there's some other reason for the Snowy/Ghug votes?

While it makes to sense to Kill Ghug, cause he's hex, Mafia wouldn't know that. Did they pick up on something? Or is it trying to shoot high posters?
Do you think it makes more sense to kill ghug even if they were 100% sure he was the tracker (somehow) rather than damo? Killing damo prevents the other mason from finding him and clearing. Killing ghug does...something? Stops me from tunneling him further. Gives us lots of ability to reread D1 knowing things now? Oh no! We lost the most useless PR that is mostly good at outing other PRs and accidentally outing the sleepwalker and causing town to self destruct!

damo666
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2983

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1813 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm

@Bunny are you pissed off that you've subbed into a shitty scumteam?
1

damo666
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2983

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1814 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 pm
Well, then let's talk about something different- what do you think of Mafia shooting at people who post the most? Do you think there's some other reason for the Snowy/Ghug votes?

While it makes to sense to Kill Ghug, cause he's hex, Mafia wouldn't know that. Did they pick up on something? Or is it trying to shoot high posters?
Do you think it makes more sense to kill ghug even if they were 100% sure he was the tracker (somehow) rather than damo? Killing damo prevents the other mason from finding him and clearing. Killing ghug does...something? Stops me from tunneling him further. Gives us lots of ability to reread D1 knowing things now? Oh no! We lost the most useless PR that is mostly good at outing other PRs and accidentally outing the sleepwalker and causing town to self destruct!
I don't understand this at all.

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1815 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:10 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm
@Bunny are you pissed off that you've subbed into a shitty scumteam?
No, I don't mind subbing in as scum; I've subbed into your shitty scumteam before and loved it (until you forfeited).

This time I'm town, but a little on tilt from ghug, still mostly enjoying the game. I was having more fun when I got to just "feel read" as a kibbitzer and not have to explain my thoughts. I'm jealous of your percentages post. I really enjoyed being (nearly) clear last game; made half my job easier (eg help town townread me).

BunnyGo
Posts: 10324
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3260

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1816 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 pm
Well, then let's talk about something different- what do you think of Mafia shooting at people who post the most? Do you think there's some other reason for the Snowy/Ghug votes?

While it makes to sense to Kill Ghug, cause he's hex, Mafia wouldn't know that. Did they pick up on something? Or is it trying to shoot high posters?
Do you think it makes more sense to kill ghug even if they were 100% sure he was the tracker (somehow) rather than damo? Killing damo prevents the other mason from finding him and clearing. Killing ghug does...something? Stops me from tunneling him further. Gives us lots of ability to reread D1 knowing things now? Oh no! We lost the most useless PR that is mostly good at outing other PRs and accidentally outing the sleepwalker and causing town to self destruct!
I don't understand this at all.
Doom is asking "why kill ghug...? did they pick up on something?" I don't care if they did. Not killing you is a bad play. Even if ghug had shouted that he was the tracker, they shouldn't kill him. Tracker is a negative utility PR.

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1817 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:19 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm


Do you think it makes more sense to kill ghug even if they were 100% sure he was the tracker (somehow) rather than damo? Killing damo prevents the other mason from finding him and clearing. Killing ghug does...something? Stops me from tunneling him further. Gives us lots of ability to reread D1 knowing things now? Oh no! We lost the most useless PR that is mostly good at outing other PRs and accidentally outing the sleepwalker and causing town to self destruct!
I don't understand this at all.
Doom is asking "why kill ghug...? did they pick up on something?" I don't care if they did. Not killing you is a bad play. Even if ghug had shouted that he was the tracker, they shouldn't kill him. Tracker is a negative utility PR.
I kinda agree with this. Not sure why they'd let the children find each other. Then again snowy and Tom made decisions I didn't understand last game either so what do I know. Killing the thread isn't a bad strategy either because if no one talks then no one finds anything. But we're gonna prove them wrong, right? We're gonna talk endlessly.
1

Doom427
Posts: 525
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 970

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1818 Post by Doom427 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:23 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:12 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:04 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:01 pm


Do you think it makes more sense to kill ghug even if they were 100% sure he was the tracker (somehow) rather than damo? Killing damo prevents the other mason from finding him and clearing. Killing ghug does...something? Stops me from tunneling him further. Gives us lots of ability to reread D1 knowing things now? Oh no! We lost the most useless PR that is mostly good at outing other PRs and accidentally outing the sleepwalker and causing town to self destruct!
I don't understand this at all.
Doom is asking "why kill ghug...? did they pick up on something?" I don't care if they did. Not killing you is a bad play. Even if ghug had shouted that he was the tracker, they shouldn't kill him. Tracker is a negative utility PR.
Disregarding the tracker as negative utility (it's not a great role, but finding sleepwalker gives us a TownClear, and that's worth something (Sleepwalker will almost always NOT be looking at the Night Kill, so Tracker knows it's either a sleepwalker or a lost), and it can actually find a mafia, especially when there's fewer and fewer scum. Now there's only 2, which means 50/50 the tracker would guess right and get a full scan), it does seem odd. Last game, Scum Team lost because they kept not taking out clears, and instead focusing on others. But with flips, we... umm... we really aren't going to kill Damo? So they can't be trying that gambit.

So why Ghug? I think he said last game he never crumbs, so they couldn't have picked up on a Crumb. So what was it, if not being worried about Tracker? Damo said earlier shooting good players, and that makes sense to me
1

damo666
Posts: 10219
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 2983

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1819 Post by damo666 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:23 pm

I disagree, tracking anyone who does not visit the nk is a townclear.

I doubt they had any indication ghug was tracker though. They just got lucky (or not from ypov).

Durga
Posts: 8831
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4252

Re: M1019 – Once Upon A Time… [GAME THREAD] [HIDDEN]

#1820 Post by Durga » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:25 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:23 pm
I disagree, tracking anyone who does not visit the nk is a townclear.

I doubt they had any indication ghug was tracker though. They just got lucky (or not from ypov).
What are you saying. Only one scum has to do the kill right?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 9 guests