M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3741 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:55 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:51 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:49 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:36 am


Also, what is this weird justification?

I feel like TFB has been a little too careful about all his reads/votes this game.
How is this a weird justification? Chaqa had claimed cop in the final 7 minutes of the day and my vote was on him. Therefore I had to vote for someone else...because I don't want to kill the cop. This seems pretty self-explanatory. If you're wondering why worcej, I wanted to go after someone else to save Jasnah and it just so happened that the second biggest wagon after Chaqa was worcej, someone I had previously voted for and had slight scum reads on. Seems to be a pretty obvious vote.
You stand accused of being too careful and always justifying your actions when no such justifications are necessary.
And, you know.... case in point.
2

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 5664
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 1611

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3742 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:56 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:35 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm


I don't even think this is true at this point.
What you don't think is true?
That you usually call me your spokesperson when we're both town. You didn't in that mini game where you were the vig (and in fact you made the same argument about me not being your spokesperson to contribute to your scumread of me) and you didn't when I subbed in for brain a game or two ago, where you also scumread me (though subbing late is kind of different).
Well, maybe I am remembering older games. I think I played too much Mafia games for my own sanity.
Or maybe you have better memory and I just need to change the way I try to read you.
In this game, the Chaqa vote is what specifically make me think you are scum because I can't see rational justification to it and I expect you to play well.
4

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3743 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:57 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:56 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:35 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm


What you don't think is true?
That you usually call me your spokesperson when we're both town. You didn't in that mini game where you were the vig (and in fact you made the same argument about me not being your spokesperson to contribute to your scumread of me) and you didn't when I subbed in for brain a game or two ago, where you also scumread me (though subbing late is kind of different).
Well, maybe I am remembering older games. I think I played too much Mafia games for my own sanity.
Or maybe you have better memory and I just need to change the way I try to read you.
In this game, the Chaqa vote is what specifically make me think you are scum because I can't see rational justification to it and I expect you to play well.
The Chaqa vote EoD1 or SoD2?
3

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11606
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 6006

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3744 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:58 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:53 pm
ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:41 pm


Great, so you don't think I'm bussing him. Find someone else to push your garbage scumreads on.
How do you even get from what you said to what I said here?
You said you think I'm bussing Chaqa. Now you are saying you think he might actually be the cop. How the hell do you think I'm bussing Chaqa if you think he's the cop?
I said I'm back to being open to the possibility, not that I definitely think he's cop.

Him being cop would weaken my case on you, though you're still not obvtown, which means you're scum irrespective of everything else. The most emotion you've shown all game is being pissed at me for voting for you.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3745 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:58 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:56 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:35 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm


What you don't think is true?
That you usually call me your spokesperson when we're both town. You didn't in that mini game where you were the vig (and in fact you made the same argument about me not being your spokesperson to contribute to your scumread of me) and you didn't when I subbed in for brain a game or two ago, where you also scumread me (though subbing late is kind of different).
Well, maybe I am remembering older games. I think I played too much Mafia games for my own sanity.
Or maybe you have better memory and I just need to change the way I try to read you.
In this game, the Chaqa vote is what specifically make me think you are scum because I can't see rational justification to it and I expect you to play well.
My Chaqa vote today?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3746 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:58 pm

Oh lol
3

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3747 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:03 pm

Does anyone else feel that awkward pause where you're waiting for an answer but also wondering if everyone else is waiting for someone to say something?
3

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3748 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:05 pm

Guess not
2

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1268

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3749 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:07 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:55 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:51 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:49 pm


How is this a weird justification? Chaqa had claimed cop in the final 7 minutes of the day and my vote was on him. Therefore I had to vote for someone else...because I don't want to kill the cop. This seems pretty self-explanatory. If you're wondering why worcej, I wanted to go after someone else to save Jasnah and it just so happened that the second biggest wagon after Chaqa was worcej, someone I had previously voted for and had slight scum reads on. Seems to be a pretty obvious vote.
You stand accused of being too careful and always justifying your actions when no such justifications are necessary.
And, you know.... case in point.
I like arguing when someone says I did something wrong what can I say lol
3

BunnyGo
Posts: 9993
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 3227

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3750 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm
Also Sabi has been noticeably absent too.
fwiw I think it's very likely Sabi will sub out for oog reasons
Should the GM reach out to her now to ask?
3

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1268

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3751 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:35 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:32 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:35 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm
Also Sabi has been noticeably absent too.
fwiw I think it's very likely Sabi will sub out for oog reasons
Should the GM reach out to her now to ask?
Might be advisable
2

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3752 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 pm

Why did the council allow a no-flip game through
5

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1268

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3753 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:59 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:47 pm
Why did the council allow a no-flip game through
the world may never know...
2

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3754 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:08 pm

I am not used to Bozo not giving any opinions on stuff.
He listed all the damo posts and didn't even give his opinion on them other than both points of view are valid.

Gun to your head, what do you think Bozo? Was Damo the cop?
4

Bonatogether
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1402
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3755 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:02 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:58 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:23 am


This is terrible, terrible logic.
Why?
Why is it bad logic to want to kill someone EVEN IF THEY ARE THE COP?

Well gee that's a tough one.

Here are a few reasons:

1. We should try to kill people on the Mafia team. The cop is town.

2. If he is the cop and we remove him, then the Mafia can Roleblock someone else. If they're forced to RB the real cop each night, that leaves the Doc and the JOAT free to act.

3. That should be sufficient.
1. The cop is town, but is Chaqa the cop?

2. I've actually come around on this point since last night. I think we should kill him at earliest possible lylo (9?)
2

Vecna
Posts: 10976
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:43 am
Karma: 4455

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3756 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm
Also Sabi has been noticeably absent too.
Likely to be replaced, out of game stuff
3

Bonatogether
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1402
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3757 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:42 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:27 pm
Vecna wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:08 pm


You realize this is the sort of information that mafia forget when theyre claiming cop? Why on earth would you bring attention to this little snippet.

uncool. uncool
Chaqa, why did you +1 this post?
I was +1ing every post for most of the game so far. I got behind and gave up
weak 8-)
1

Fluminator
Posts: 3531
Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:50 pm
Karma: 2078

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3758 Post by Fluminator » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:15 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:12 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:31 pm
Also Sabi has been noticeably absent too.
Likely to be replaced, out of game stuff
Vecna, can you read day 2 yet? I'd like to put you in an obvtown slot soon
2

Bonatogether
Posts: 3136
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 1402
Contact:

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3759 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:13 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 pm


Oh look at you mr lurking EoD
Do you know what a job is? EOD is @ 3:00 PM for me. I have meetings where I cannot be around explicitly play exactly how you want. I was watching via my cell under the table so that my damn boss didn't get pissed at me :razz:

Honestly - I hope scum do us a favor and kill you tonight. You're grinding my gears with your play style right now.

Also - well done all you 'super smart scum hunting people' who wanted to play the game instead of let mechanics drive the game - you forced the cop to claim. Top-notch scum hunting by the likes of you incredibly 'skilled' players this time around. For all the negativity that gets talked about our ability to scum hunt, you all contribute to that bad opinion with your egotistical methodologies.

Can you 'skilled players' take a moment to reflect on your absolutely horrible play and check your egos at the door this next phase?

Rant over. Time to go finish work so that I can gtfh.
I'm fairly confident it's worcej.

Consider: why is he so angry here? Allegedly it's because we 'super smart scum hunting people' forced a cop to claim, but even a night and day after said claim it is still not clear to anyone whether or not his claim is real, so why was it to him?

He was equally confident that Jasnah was scum instantly; repeat above statement here.

worcej was really obvious as scum in the last two games I played with him, just as he is now. Granted this paints more of a picture where Chaqa/Flum is cop/inno and Jasnah scum but irrespective of others this seems pretty clear.

@kgray why were/are you so sure worcej is town? Sell me the argument.
This post feels slimey. Worcej hasn't given me major scumpings like you say scum!worcej does.
2

President Eden
Posts: 2883
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:11 pm
Karma: 4526

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3760 Post by President Eden » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Got a haircut. Who we choppin? 8-)
3

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests