M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3681 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:35 pm
I wonder if jasnah was The Godfather and that’s why there was such a push to protect her
If she were the Godfather this would have been the worst mafia play I've ever seen in my life. This is just dumb Chaqa.
Hi TFB

You mentioned VCA as a factor in your earlier reads list. Can you describe how you analyzed the votes, in the absence of the flip?
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11544
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5910

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3682 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:57 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:01 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:25 am
President Eden wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:06 am

The plain language of the role suggests strongly that it cannot be roleblocked at all:

“… At Night, you may ##REVEAL a DEAD player. If you die from any method, that player’s ROLE and ALIGNMENT will be publicly posted in the game thread, You may change your REVEAL target on future nights. Your ability cannot be roleblocked.

We can be certain that damo is not the Oracle, and almost certain jasnah is not, so we have an Oracle, so in theory we could let you live until the Oracle pops off and reveals damo was the Cop, or until we’re at 9.

That is the only condition by which I would assent to your continued survival. I am not at all impressed by your alleged breadcrumb, which wouldn’t have taken that long to find and make up if you were mafia and decided to claim Cop. I am quite certain you’re mafia, but I recognize this is a pretty good test case for the Oracle’s ability, and so I am fine with voting someone else off on the basis that we will resolve your slot with the Oracle at some point anyway.
I think the Oracle needs to be used on someone whose alignment we didn't know.
I do not think it would be a bad use of the oracle if there is not a cop CC, because in that case finding out damo's role does tell us the alignment of someone whose alignment we don't know (Chaqa), and probably a second as well (Fluminator if damo was not the cop, PE if damo was the cop). I think it is a better alternative to eventually DKing Chaqa despite no cop CC and never knowing who was the real cop.
This assumes there isn't another cop out there.
2

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3683 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm

I still really like the suggestion that we should use the oracle on someone whose alignment [not role] we don't know.

I need to go back and find who that was. Anyone remember?
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3684 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 pm
@kgray why were/are you so sure worcej is town? Sell me the argument.
I'm not so sure. I just don't think your argument that he's scum holds much merit. Angry and confident aren't scumtells, especially for worcej. I have no idea what is so "obvious" to you.

Though, I don't think worcej thinks he can buddy me, so I do think he's town. No reason for him to hard townread me here if he's scum.
2

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3685 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm
I still really like the suggestion that we should use the oracle on someone whose alignment [not role] we don't know.

I need to go back and find who that was. Anyone remember?
Yeah ghug said that. It gave me the creeps based on how much he's arguing that Chaqa should be considered the cop unless there's a CC.
3

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3686 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:05 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 pm
@kgray why were/are you so sure worcej is town? Sell me the argument.
I'm not so sure. I just don't think your argument that he's scum holds much merit. Angry and confident aren't scumtells, especially for worcej. I have no idea what is so "obvious" to you.

Though, I don't think worcej thinks he can buddy me, so I do think he's town. No reason for him to hard townread me here if he's scum.
Admittedly I have only twice played against scum worcej before, but the conceit that worcej is town for having dared to buddy you just seems like ego.
1

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3687 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:06 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm
I still really like the suggestion that we should use the oracle on someone whose alignment [not role] we don't know.

I need to go back and find who that was. Anyone remember?
Yeah ghug said that. It gave me the creeps based on how much he's arguing that Chaqa should be considered the cop unless there's a CC.
What do you imagine scum!ghug's motives here might be? Does he want to bury damo's alignment because he thinks damo was cop?
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3688 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:06 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:05 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:49 pm
@kgray why were/are you so sure worcej is town? Sell me the argument.
I'm not so sure. I just don't think your argument that he's scum holds much merit. Angry and confident aren't scumtells, especially for worcej. I have no idea what is so "obvious" to you.

Though, I don't think worcej thinks he can buddy me, so I do think he's town. No reason for him to hard townread me here if he's scum.
Admittedly I have only twice played against scum worcej before, but the conceit that worcej is town for having dared to buddy you just seems like ego.
Sure, I'm egotistical af. But if you knew anything about our history you'd agree with me that worcej is probably the one person who wouldn't try to buddy me as scum.
1

kgray
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 6762
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:34 pm
Karma: 3470

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3689 Post by kgray » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:08 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:06 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:01 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm
I still really like the suggestion that we should use the oracle on someone whose alignment [not role] we don't know.

I need to go back and find who that was. Anyone remember?
Yeah ghug said that. It gave me the creeps based on how much he's arguing that Chaqa should be considered the cop unless there's a CC.
What do you imagine scum!ghug's motives here might be? Does he want to bury damo's alignment because he thinks damo was cop?
Yeah I mean that's a thought I had.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11544
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5910

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3690 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:09 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:33 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:23 am
snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:53 am


If we got scum rber, and the rbs stopped coming, wouldn't we keep doubting Chaqa anyway?
Yeah, but he'd be getting scans.
Why are we discussing this hypothetical that won't happen anyway. This game is so scum sided it hurts.
I find complaining about the setup to actually be much better for determining alignments than most mechanical talk, because at its core it's an expression of emotion.
3

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1257

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3691 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:10 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:33 pm
I thought i had read all of D2, but maybe im making an error and I skipped a bunch of pages and jumped back to EoD1.

Do you think it is at all possible that Jasnah couldve been scum and there was an effort made by 1-2 people to save her? (especially of concern/interest; Bozo, TFB, snowy is already discussed, im guessing your Kgray read has something to do with it?)

Do you feel PE is arguing from a place of bad faith linking you to Chaqa?
If Jasnah were scum, bussing her without reservations is the right call for every mafia member. I'm willing to bet regardless of her alignment that 3 of the people on her wagon will be scum. It's such an easy vote that so many would expect little to no accountability for.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11544
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5910

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3692 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:16 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:55 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:10 am
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:55 pm


It's the timing that makes me thing it's unlikely to come from scum, not the emotion. Nobody is actually afraid of getting DK'd 5 hours into the game. Way more likely that town is irritated that people are already declaring them scum and reacting out of frustration than scum is panicking that they're under pressure of being found out.

Unless Chaqa is frustrated that Vecna is his teammate, maybe.
Im trying not to spam the thread with old shit and will format stuff into one post for most, but this thing does stand out to me from the period leading upto EoD 1.

So this post was made by Kgray, but then later on she voted for Chaqa for very long stretches of time (just before switching to Seren who she had been defending all day iirc?) - and now she is back to voting Chaqa.

Kgray, can you describe your trajectory a bit better to me?

But, more importantly, do you really figure I would have made that giant history post on Chaqa if I was his scummate here? Detailing all his reactions to getting scumread in previous games for both alignments?

(its still interesting to me how noone reacted well to that, but now apparently chaqa is backed into a corner after all, and doing all kinds of crazy stuff).
I will try but I think I will be mostly rehashing what I’ve already said.

Chaqa, as scum, has been on the block a lot. Not saying he isn’t good at it, just that he’s played so much that it happens. And he has also been on the block a lot without actually being the kill. In fact, I remember him bragging in scumchat about how he’s good at weaseling his way out of a DK.

I therefore do not think it makes a lot of sense for scum!Chaqa to panic about gaining suspicion as early into the game (and the phase in particular, given more wagons were bound to pop up). He is experienced enough to have been in much more dire positions before and would have zero reason to believe he was actually caught that early.

So, I thought it was much more likely he was frustrated because you were wrong about him than scared that you were right. The thought also crossed my mind that he could have been frustrated as scum if you were his teammate and he didn’t approve of you busing him. It could also have been frustration at someone else who was less vocal about bussing him.

I don’t think it’s extremely likely that you are his teammate given your digging through his history, no. I remember thinking about the time when you fooled me in that mini game because you were “solving” so much, but that felt more like carefully agreeing with “good points” and bringing up counter arguments and I don’t remember you digging that much into any one read. Of course I think it’s possible that you’re his teammate who knows town doesn’t listen to those arguments very much, but I don’t think it’s likely.

After that exchange there were points brought up that lead to scum!Chaqa reads but the early emotion he displayed kept me from agreeing with a scumread. But suspicion was growing and then I found something I thought was more convincing that that display of emotion.

I initially believed his cop claim, but apparently that was a heat-of-the-moment thing because I no longer do. He just didn’t seem genuine in the way he said “if jasnah can fake claim, so can I” and he’s for sure not a VT. I was also expecting him to immediate reclaim cop and admit he took it back briefly for wifom, and he didn’t do that but claimed the RB. I don’t think he’s the cop so I think he’s scum.
Add caring about the claim retraction to the things I don't believe you'd be doing as town.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11544
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5910

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3693 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:18 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:16 pm
I'd just like for everyone who keeps shading me to explain why in a sentence that doesn't include the word "worcej." I'm so sick of these weak scumreads for no good reason.
You bus Chaqa.
1

snowy801
Posts: 3148
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 5420

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3694 Post by snowy801 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:09 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:33 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:23 am


Yeah, but he'd be getting scans.
Why are we discussing this hypothetical that won't happen anyway. This game is so scum sided it hurts.
I find complaining about the setup to actually be much better for determining alignments than most mechanical talk, because at its core it's an expression of emotion.
Which way do you think Durga's complaint makes you lean for her? I assume positive, but to be clear.

rdrivera also complained about the nature of the the no flips making the game unenjoyable for him. Do you have any takes on that?
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11544
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5910

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3695 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:20 pm

kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:30 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:28 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:17 pm


Wow it's almost like you're not actually seeing things that differently from me.
?
You said you don't understand my thought process this game (and indicated you were scumreading me for that) but I had almost this exact reaction to rivera's post, shared your skepticism about Bunny's you/bona analysis, and have had similar questions about snowy. It's like you're ignoring all that and only focusing on the fact that I didn't save worcej and it's really frustrating me.
Those are both incredibly easy things to take issue with as scum.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11544
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5910

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3696 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:21 pm

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:36 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:33 pm
Want to note that I'm feeling slightly better about Vecna now
im going to reread those pages at some point, but im still missing the feeling that youre actively intrigued by solving the puzzle
Read the pages you missed.
1

Durga
Posts: 8223
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 4007

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3697 Post by Durga » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:24 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:59 pm
I still really like the suggestion that we should use the oracle on someone whose alignment [not role] we don't know.

I need to go back and find who that was. Anyone remember?
Ghug?
3

Doom427
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 887

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3698 Post by Doom427 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:25 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:10 pm
Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:33 pm
I thought i had read all of D2, but maybe im making an error and I skipped a bunch of pages and jumped back to EoD1.

Do you think it is at all possible that Jasnah couldve been scum and there was an effort made by 1-2 people to save her? (especially of concern/interest; Bozo, TFB, snowy is already discussed, im guessing your Kgray read has something to do with it?)

Do you feel PE is arguing from a place of bad faith linking you to Chaqa?
If Jasnah were scum, bussing her without reservations is the right call for every mafia member. I'm willing to bet regardless of her alignment that 3 of the people on her wagon will be scum. It's such an easy vote that so many would expect little to no accountability for.
This seems to be based on the idea that this is a flip game. But it isn't. We don't know what the role is, so we don't actually give any credit for people on the wagon. It's pretty easy to post-hoc say "Was she scum, who knows? It's a question." Defending her if she is scum seems the obvious play "I thought she was Townie! And you can't prove she's not, so I might be right". You look like an idiot if she is scum, but we won't actually know unless we burn oracle or JOAT.
2

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 612
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 1257

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3699 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:25 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:50 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:35 pm
I wonder if jasnah was The Godfather and that’s why there was such a push to protect her
If she were the Godfather this would have been the worst mafia play I've ever seen in my life. This is just dumb Chaqa.
Hi TFB

You mentioned VCA as a factor in your earlier reads list. Can you describe how you analyzed the votes, in the absence of the flip?
So there was a scummy vote pattern I don't like which was Cha->Jas. I started there. Then after that I operate off of the assumption that most scum would like to hide on the Jasnah wagon because it's so lazy and so easy to deflect accountability on. Then I tried to narrow down the list based on their justifications for their votes and how much sense they made.
2

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 11544
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 5910

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3700 Post by ghug » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:25 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:48 pm
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:47 pm


Honestly Bunny, you're semi-clear atm and you're not really pushing much of anything, especially for someone who loves puzzles. I'd love for you to push something. Up to you if you think you have good reasons to scumread me.
I'm still waiting for a cc for Miller
Maybe Ghug will oblige you.
I HARDCLAIM MILLERDOCTOR
1

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests