M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M70 - THE BASKIN-ROBBINS CONSPIRACY [HIDDEN]

#3501 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:28 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:58 am
Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:47 am
I still think you're awesome tho!!!! Just stop voting Chaqa it isn't happening
That's not the point of voting Chaqa
What
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#3502 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:36 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:51 am
This is the exact situation where fractional roleblock is so unfair to town. If there was a mafia roleblocker role instead of fractional then we would have a chance to get them out and then mafia would have to kill Chaqa. As it stands, mafia can always rb him and have us keep doubting whether he's cop (assuming no cc) or scum.
factional

Jamiet99uk

#3503 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:40 am

ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:44 am
kgray wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:40 am
ghug wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:34 am
Apparently my grandma beat someone up in her nursing home today.
Dang, how come none of her guts got passed on to you?
I was in a fight once.
Was it at the nursing home yesterday?

Jamiet99uk

#3504 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:41 am

Thoughts from reading up:

1. I do not believe that Damo was the Cop and he definitely was not the Oracle. It's possible scum *thought* he was the Cop, I can see the merit in that theory, but I don't believe it was actually the case.

ii. Durga seemed very defensive but then calmed down and started having more lucid thoughts once people pointed out how defensive she was being.

C) The Snowy / Fluminator interaction is interesting. If one of them is scum my bet would be on Snowy. Flum's responses to Snowy were quite convincing.

IV. I am currently willing to believe that Chaqa is the Cop but hopefully a scan will confirm this.

6. Where is Tom Bombadil?

vii) I'm really not a fan of all this endvoting.

IMPORTANT: Tactical thought: If we can protect the JOAT and the Oracle until the JOAT has used both their Copscan and their Autopsy, the JOAT could claim, and then the Oracle could then confirm the JOAT's claims. That would provide town with a LOT of useful information. (The sequence would probably be: Have the JOAT claim, wagon the JOAT, have the Oracle claim, don't wagon the Oracle and force scum to either kill them or have the Oracle claimant be a near clear, but I'm open to views on the mechanics of actually obtaining the info).

Vecna

#3505 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:48 am

Some random observations, of which im not sure whether I already posted them or not;

PE's logic on Durga is very interesting to me. My own rationale has led me to townread her, however this has happened before (where she did all the right things to get me to townread her), and then she got called out very precisely by HR as well for how she handled her vote and communication regarding her reads, and the way she reacted to the game-flow and other people having similar reads, but her not responding to those people whatsoever. A pretty decent case can be made (and was made by PE, sort-of), that a similar thing is happening here.

I still have some sort of odd gut-read on PE being different and strange in itself, but his level of detail in his reads and analysis is of pretty high standard. Hard to say if he could fake that effectively since I do not really have any comparable material, but it would take a tremendous amount of effort to do that as scum.

Chaqa's hard-stance of a hard-claim being a hard-claim and being irretractable, and then him fucking around with the cop thing (I really need to reread that since im having a major black hole, but I do know that happened in a blurry sort of way) is really iffy. He knows full-well that those two are not even close to comparable since the impact of a real CC to that shit is devastating in a game like this. Jasnah was also a wagon all of D1, so the shift from wanting to punish that very hard, to doing it himself and then ending up voting Worcej is just something that makes zero sense to me in a world where he continues to retract. If by now he is waffling back to the claim since people apparently think that Damo was the cop, then that remains very suspicious, but at least then a scum chaqa would have to bank on them being correct in taking out cop Damo (not sure how strong the indications of that really were, people looking for something will always find something).

Overall, im inclined to say theres a very interesting dynamic between durga/chaqa/saren, but its also highly prone to people seeing patterns, where only chance and personality exist. But then again, Durga has shown in the past she will hard-defend her teammates on day1, and especially in a game like this that would go down quite easily under normal circumstances. I do feel that Durga has played a slightly more towny game this time around though, and her observations that revolve around other things in the game have appeared pretty genuine to me.

TLDR: intriguing. Could PE really have found the easy answer like that? Id like to believe it.

Jamiet99uk

#3506 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 am

Saren?

Nobody called "Saren" is in this game Vecna, what are you on about?

Vecna

#3507 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 am

I still have a shitton of catching up to do. Im not sure im going to be able to. Ill probably choose to reread EoD1 if I have to make choices. Any cliffnotes of interesting shit that happened during the night might be interesting to me, if only so I can compare those impressions if by some miracle i do get around to rereading it later.

Vecna

#3508 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:50 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 am
Saren?

Nobody called "Saren" is in this game Vecna, what are you on about?
Sorry, Jasnah (mix-up with her diplomacy handle).

Jamiet99uk

#3509 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:50 am

Did Ghug ever retract his claim BTW or are we treating him as clear?

Vecna

#3510 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:52 am

Jamiet, can you give me a TLDR of the last 75 pages or so?

what stood out to you, and what would you feel are section i definately need to read to know wtf is going on lately?

BunnyGo

#3511 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:52 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:34 am
Good luck . I've had enough*.

Must admit having skimmed catchup it's mostly juvenile bullshit.

I suggest we kill off the dross.

If I am in the minority I retire.

Over to you.

* alc, not the game.

If you are unsure whether you are dross or not, you are dross.
Hmm, if Dargo were in the game, he'd have something to say here. I'm not trained enough in christian mythos to know if there's a justice/investigatory theme here. Certainly looks it on the surface.

Jamiet99uk

#3512 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:53 am

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:52 am
Jamiet, can you give me a TLDR of the last 75 pages or so?

what stood out to you, and what would you feel are section i definately need to read to know wtf is going on lately?
I'm not sure I can, no. There has been a lot of stuff. I'm one of the more active posters in this game and I'm finding it hard to keep track.

Vecna

#3513 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:54 am

BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Over to you.

* alc, not the game.

Hmm, if Dargo were in the game, he'd have something to say here. I'm not trained enough in christian mythos to know if there's a justice/investigatory theme here. Certainly looks it on the surface.
Are you really looking for crumbs in people their drunkpostings? Or do you have reason to believe this was sober faked-drunkposting?

Jamiet99uk

#3514 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:03 am

##UNVOTE

I have no idea who to vote for at the moment.

Jamiet99uk

#3515 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:09 am

- Vecna is a silly wagon for now.

- Apparently there is a reason not to vote for Lfishcl but I need to re-read to see if I can see it

- Ghug seems off to me but is an un-CC'ed PR claimant

- Chaqa is not the right wagon today because in due course we may be able to sort him mechanically, although if he is the real cop, his behaviour (in particular his insincerity about the Jasnah wagon) does not impress me. Assume Cop for now.

- Bunny is Miller, we assume.

- BesharamSabi had an ok start and has faded badly; worth keeping an eye on.

I will ##Vote TomBombadil because he is not contributing.

Vecna

#3516 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:10 am

kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:55 pm
ghug wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:49 pm
kgray wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:21 pm

I don't mind your black-and-white reason because yeah it's similar to the 'no scum bussed teacon' thing but I really struggle to see scum!Chaqa going off about a few people scumreading him hours into the game.
Yeah I did like that, but he's no longer the sort of player we can dismiss as unable to fake emotion.
It's the timing that makes me thing it's unlikely to come from scum, not the emotion. Nobody is actually afraid of getting DK'd 5 hours into the game. Way more likely that town is irritated that people are already declaring them scum and reacting out of frustration than scum is panicking that they're under pressure of being found out.

Unless Chaqa is frustrated that Vecna is his teammate, maybe.
Im trying not to spam the thread with old shit and will format stuff into one post for most, but this thing does stand out to me from the period leading upto EoD 1.

So this post was made by Kgray, but then later on she voted for Chaqa for very long stretches of time (just before switching to Seren who she had been defending all day iirc?) - and now she is back to voting Chaqa.

Kgray, can you describe your trajectory a bit better to me?

But, more importantly, do you really figure I would have made that giant history post on Chaqa if I was his scummate here? Detailing all his reactions to getting scumread in previous games for both alignments?

(its still interesting to me how noone reacted well to that, but now apparently chaqa is backed into a corner after all, and doing all kinds of crazy stuff).

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3517 Post by rdrivera2005 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:12 am

Durga wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:46 am
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:45 pm
The only reason I see to keep Chaqa alive is to screw a bit with scum RB. If Chaqa is town they will need to keep RBing him and if he is scum they will either RB the NK target or not RB.
How is everyone so convinced Chaqa is not the cop? Why do you think this is the only reason to keep him alive? Is there a cop claim I somehow overlooked? This is a bit lazy from you rdr
Claiming to save your neck is sus as hell.
If he is the Cop scum will keep RBing him forever so it's a useless Cop.l and people will keep discuss forever. The RB thing is the only net positive outcome of keeping him alive.

This said, I am starting to think his claim might be true.

Other quick takes. Ghug is probably town and Kgray is probably scum.

BunnyGo

#3518 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:18 am

Vecna wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:54 am
BunnyGo wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Over to you.

* alc, not the game.

Are you really looking for crumbs in people their drunkpostings? Or do you have reason to believe this was sober faked-drunkposting?
With damo, I'll look. With phrasings about dross and "I retire", I'll dig a little more.

I had hopes that if he were the cop, he'd actually have noticed my crumbs. So I was checking to be sure. Seems only Jamie came close.

Because there's so much noise this game. And the only true signals I have are:

1) damo was town
2) jasnah wasn't miller
3) ....

Vecna

#3519 Post by Vecna » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:21 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:10 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:08 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:06 pm
I'm not super confident in any reads but probably from a pool of BunnyGo, Worcej, Bozo, and Ghug (assuming his Doc claim is mere fuckery and not serious despite his use of "hardclaim".)
Do you have anything in specific you would say is damning against Bozo? There's a curious confluence of opinions on him.
The thing that's pinging me about Bozo is how he's been jokey and light hearted and has left his vote on Fluminator for a long time despite it looking like a silly joke vote.

Normally Bozo is like some kind of robot. This change to his style is kind of weird.

Maybe he got laid. I don't know.
lol, for the people that said jamiet wasnt funny

BunnyGo

#3520 Post by BunnyGo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:24 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:09 am
<snip>
- Ghug seems off to me but is an un-CC'ed PR claimant
<snip>
What? Where? Who?