SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Locked
Message
Author
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4128
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 4339
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#141 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:13 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:57 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:39 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:33 pm


How many holes does a drinking straw have?!
Definitely one hole. They are topologically identical to a torus.
There's a compelling argument for zero.

I don't find the answer of "two" compelling, but one can argue it.
As with 'most' debates... the definition of terms determines the decision.
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 8939
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 753

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#142 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:38 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:13 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:57 pm
celaph wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Definitely one hole. They are topologically identical to a torus.
There's a compelling argument for zero.

I don't find the answer of "two" compelling, but one can argue it.
As with 'most' debates... the definition of terms determines the decision.
You wanted DRAMA...stop being reasonable! Misunderstandings and hubris and pride drive most drama.
2

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 15674
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 6872
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#143 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:02 pm

jasnah wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:08 pm
You asked?

The GM team, including Dargorygel, in the previous iteration 'Mafia 64' disqualified my initial sign up on the basis that my sign up name did not match my webDip name. Yet in 'Mafia 65' the GM team, including Dargorygel, has allowed such sign ups as 'Brain 'Tourettes' Fbomb', 'Donny Dude the camper' and 'V(squawk)ecna' to stand, despite these arguably bearing less connection to the intended referents than my sign up name of 'seren' did given that my webDip profile clearly writes that I go by the name of 'seren'.

Clearly this reveals a deep-seated xenophobia on the part of mafia GMs against new players. As a community we must not stand for such indignities
For the record, I was the lead GM in that game, and I rejected your initial attempt to sign up because I was concerned you were attempting to add somebody else's name to the list.

I always ask people to sign up using their actual username as it avoids confusion for everyone.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 15674
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 6872
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#144 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:05 pm

1. Ghug
2. Jamiet99uk (He/He/He)
3. Donny Dude
4. Brainbomb
5. damo666
6. Hellenic Riot
7. lfischl
8. BobMcBob
9. BunnyGo (He/Him/His)
10. Maniac (He/Him/His/Handsome)
11. Rdrivera2005
12. Vecna
13. jasnah
14. kgray
15. thamrick
16. bonatogether
17. celaph
18. bozotheclown
19. Ezio
20. e.m.c^42
21. Foxcastle
22. worcej
23. Chaqa
24.
.
.
.
Subs
i. DemonRHK
ii.


There.

brainbomb
Posts: 14367
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 3434
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#145 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:06 pm

I agree with JimTy2k.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 15674
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 6872
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#146 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:06 pm
I agree with JimTy2k.
Thanks for your support, Dave.

brainbomb
Posts: 14367
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 3434
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#147 Post by brainbomb » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:39 pm

Pete Rose should be inducted into the hall of fame
2

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4128
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 4339
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#148 Post by dargorygel » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:39 pm
Pete Rose should be inducted into the hall of fame
Pete Rose should have his OWN Hall of Fame.
1

lfischl
Posts: 298
Joined: Wed May 06, 2020 2:43 pm
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Karma: 180

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#149 Post by lfischl » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:48 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:12 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:39 pm
Pete Rose should be inducted into the hall of fame
Pete Rose should have his OWN Hall of Fame.


He doesn't deserve it. Barry bonds does though.
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 8939
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 753

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#150 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 pm


BunnyGo
Posts: 8939
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 753

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#151 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:06 pm
Happy Holidays!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhO4E-bmBdk
(more drama)

worcej
Posts: 6606
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:39 am
Location: Washington
Karma: 1928

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#152 Post by worcej » Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:36 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:39 pm
Pete Rose should be inducted into the hall of fame
Actually do agree with this.

brainbomb
Posts: 14367
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 3434
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#153 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:16 pm

so I am PR

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 4128
Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:55 pm
Location: Over the rainbow
Karma: 4339
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#154 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:16 pm
so I am PR
Two possible responses... A) you, PR? I knew PR, and you are no OR! Or B) you, a PR? You are no PR... You cannot even SPELL PR!
5

brainbomb
Posts: 14367
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:20 pm
Location: the sock drawer
Karma: 3434
Contact:

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#155 Post by brainbomb » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:08 am

I got my PM early
4

BunnyGo
Posts: 8939
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 753

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#156 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:38 pm

@ghug/kgray/others?: my kids are asking for bread bowls, got any recommended recipes?

BunnyGo
Posts: 8939
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 753

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#157 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:38 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:08 am
I got my PM early
What's your character's name?

(@dargo: drama enough?)
1

BunnyGo
Posts: 8939
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:21 am
Karma: 753

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#158 Post by BunnyGo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:50 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:38 pm
@ghug/kgray/others?: my kids are asking for bread bowls, got any recommended recipes?
I know it's just a medium sized boule, but do you egg wash? High or low hydration? Etc. etc. Not sure how I want the texture for a soup bowl.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4720
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1224

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#159 Post by Foxcastle » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:11 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:50 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:38 pm
@ghug/kgray/others?: my kids are asking for bread bowls, got any recommended recipes?
I know it's just a medium sized boule, but do you egg wash? High or low hydration? Etc. etc. Not sure how I want the texture for a soup bowl.
Assuming you're talking sourdough and that they're going to be used for soup or something like, you want low hydration to achieve the right shape, a more closed crumb, and durable crust.
1

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 8407
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 1368

Re: SIGN UP FOR MAFIA 65

#160 Post by ghug » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:11 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:50 pm
BunnyGo wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:38 pm
@ghug/kgray/others?: my kids are asking for bread bowls, got any recommended recipes?
I know it's just a medium sized boule, but do you egg wash? High or low hydration? Etc. etc. Not sure how I want the texture for a soup bowl.
Assuming you're talking sourdough and that they're going to be used for soup or something like, you want low hydration to achieve the right shape, a more closed crumb, and durable crust.
I've never done bread bowls, but this was my instinct as well.
1

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests