Gunboat Stats

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Re: Gunboat Stats

#21 Post by RoganJosh » Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:55 pm

Pot size, though. DSS and 101+ pot => 66% draws.

The file is only 8MB large, I'll PM you a link.

President Eden

Re: Gunboat Stats

#22 Post by President Eden » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:52 pm

RoganJosh wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:16 pm
teccles wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:13 am
Perhaps the most notable are the success of Russias who move to Finland (maybe they get Sweden more?)
This was surprising to me too. I always thought Fin was weak because you can't threaten BAL if G decides to bounce.
FWIW I think Finland is better these days because the threat of Baltic Sea is really meaningless. If you aren't covering St. Petersburg in S02 after a bounce then that fleet is getting trashed in W02 before you can accomplish anything anyway. It's really rare for Germany to leave Baltic Sea open for an attack like that and rare for England not to attack St. Petersburg in S02.

By depriving yourself of the chance to even threaten Baltic Sea, you might earn goodwill with Germany, which is the only thing that actually matters up north in 1901. It's a weak move - I would even say "servile" to borrow from swordsman - but Russia is in a servile position to Germany in 1901.