Eden's Diplomacy Dossier Series on BrotherBored

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
President Eden

Eden's Diplomacy Dossier Series on BrotherBored

#1 Post by President Eden » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:12 am

Hey y'all.

I'm proud to announce that I've teamed up with swordsman3003 - you may know him better as BrotherBored - to produce a comprehensive strategy guide to all the powers of the classic map of Diplomacy.

The overview gives you the ten-thousand-foot view of each power. We've published it on BrotherBored's website here.

God and law school willing, we'll be publishing the deeper dives of each power once a week, and wrap up around Christmas.

This community's meant a lot to me over the years, and I'm thankful and happy to BrotherBored for letting me use his excellent platform to give back all I know about Diplomacy. I hope you enjoy.

I'll be bumping this thread periodically with each publication.

President Eden

Re: Eden's Diplomacy Dossier Series on BrotherBored

#2 Post by President Eden » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:11 pm

The Dossier continues with its first country-specific deep-dive: England!

swordsman3003
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3 Post by swordsman3003 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:38 am

I don't think I can overstate how high-quality these articles articles are. Yes, Eden and I seem to come from the same strategic school of thought. But I'm not talking about the substance of the advice per se, but rather about the quality writing. This is really good stuff you shouldn't miss out on!

President Eden

#4 Post by President Eden » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:26 am

swordsman3003 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:38 am
I don't think I can overstate how high-quality these articles articles are. Yes, Eden and I seem to come from the same strategic school of thought. But I'm not talking about the substance of the advice per se, but rather about the quality writing. This is really good stuff you shouldn't miss out on!
Thanks bud ;-)

We learned a lot from gunboat on here, I would say, ha. I expect some controversy about my pessimism toward E/F from press players.

The old advice "play the players first, countries second" applies... maybe that's worth an article unto itself. But later. Six countries to go!!!

Octavious

#5 Post by Octavious » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am

Some of the advice rhymes, therefore is definitely true. If the experience of humanity has taught us anything it is that.

And in all seriousness, if you're the sort of person who likes reading about diplomacy, it seems a pretty decent port of call :-)

wwar

#6 Post by wwar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:23 pm

You guys are doing a great job! Truly inspiring! I don't have the same level of experience as you but I'm becoming interested in creating my own diplomacy analyses online. I'll keep you posted!

President Eden

#7 Post by President Eden » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 pm

Octavious wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:29 am
Some of the advice rhymes, therefore is definitely true. If the experience of humanity has taught us anything it is that.

And in all seriousness, if you're the sort of person who likes reading about diplomacy, it seems a pretty decent port of call :-)
I'll take that endorsement old friend ;)
wwar wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:23 pm
You guys are doing a great job! Truly inspiring! I don't have the same level of experience as you but I'm becoming interested in creating my own diplomacy analyses online. I'll keep you posted!
Glad to hear it, that's awesome. Love to see people giving back to the game. Glad you're enjoying the work! :-)

Dejan0707

#8 Post by Dejan0707 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:01 am

Very interesting article Eden. England is probably among my favourite nations to play with, so I enjoy the read greatly. Pictures, text, comments, everything fits perfectly.

Article though did contain some heretical thoughts… :-D

President Eden

#9 Post by President Eden » Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:35 am

After a hiatus due to law finals and the start of the holidays, the Dossier is back on track with a tell-all guide to Diplomacy's best power, France!