Using "Nonviolent Communication" in Press

Use this forum to discuss Diplomacy strategy.
Forum rules
This forum is limited to topics relating to the game Diplomacy only. Other posts or topics will be relocated to the correct forum category or deleted. Please be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
swordsman3003
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Using "Nonviolent Communication" in Press

#1 Post by swordsman3003 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:34 pm

I started holding a monthly drawing through my Patreon. The Patrons submit essay topics, and then I write an essay based on the winning topic!

This month, a student in my Diplomacy Dojo requested that I write about a book recommendation. This post is about communication, not tactics.

6 Ways "Nonviolent Communication" Will Improve Your Press Diplomacy

New players ofter under-value the "Diplomacy" aspect of the game. If you think that might be an area of improvement for you, this article might be particularly helpful.

Octavious

Re: Using "Nonviolent Communication" in Press

#2 Post by Octavious » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 pm

Student of BrotherBored
Limited (2 of 5 remaining)
$45
PER MONTH

Three chumps are paying you $45 a month for an hour of cheap thrills?!?

swordsman, you've become a diplowhore :razz:

swordsman3003
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Using "Nonviolent Communication" in Press

#3 Post by swordsman3003 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:35 pm

This might surprise you: I was specifically asked by a fan to add the paid tutoring benefit so that they could pay me for coaching. As you may know, I’ve been coaching many players 3-5 hours per week for several years now...no charge, haha. I haven’t stopped.

In all honesty, that Patreon money is trivial compared to what I make at my “day job.” If I just wanted to make money I would focus on other enterprises, that’s for damn sure...

However, and I’m 100% serious about this: If I can cobble together enough revenue streams such that I know I can make it solely as an internet content producer...I’ll take the massive pay cut and do what I love full time. I’ve been putting a lot of effort into figuring that out.