Diplomacy Angel Fund

Players from the face-to-face Diplomacy community can post upcoming meet ups, tournaments, and house games here, and members from the webDiplomacy community can search for local face-to-face groups and events.
David Hood

Diplomacy Angel Fund

#1 Post by David Hood » Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:44 am

Announcement - we now have a Diplomacy Angel Fund available to help Diplomacy fans to attend face-to-face tournaments when travel costs are an issue. Siobhan Nolen, Ed Sullivan, and I are the forming committee for the DAF. We have two functions: 1) accept applications for assistance from those who need help to attend a certain event, and 2) accept gifts from other Angel Donors who wish to help contribute to the growth and development of our face-to-face hobby. We can be contacted on Discord, by Facebook message, or you can send me an email to [email protected]. For applicants - don't be shy, our hobby proved a couple of times last year that we really want the opportunity to help. For potential donors - just let us know you are interested in participating, we'll get back to you on specific applications and amounts needed. Obviously we cannot guarantee help for all at any price, but we will certainly do what we can to help folk experience the unique joy of a FTF Diplomacy event.

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

Re: Diplomacy Angel Fund

#2 Post by kestasjk » Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:30 am

I saw this on Facebook, really hope it works out as it would be great to help foster F2F more. Interested where you're centred, the US or Australia? (I feel Australia does a lot of F2F, especially accounting for its size and low population)

David Hood

Re: Diplomacy Angel Fund

#3 Post by David Hood » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:08 am

I'm in the US, but we have Angels in Australia and are open to any applications to attend any tournament