Convince me to take up your hobby

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Convince me to take up your hobby

#21 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat May 26, 2018 1:03 am

I'm thinking maybe "being a punching bag" is my latest "hobby". My week has been overwhelmed by the two friends indulgence in marital chaos. On his birthday, Wednesday the wife issued the "it's over & you have to get out of the house" ultimation. Politics is my other hobby & my Federal "lower house" seat of Mayo is having a by~ection so I was at a public campaign meeting on Wednesday & have a meeting to go to in about two hours time today ( Saturday )
Fortunately for me, Her Imperiousness The Fire Breathing MemSahib is happy & content at present, my unexpected absence from 6 pm Wed to 6 pm Friday ..when I've been 100 km away from home packing boxes and cleaning as part of moving evicted husband to new premises, it has understandably induced her greet my return affectionately and the cracking apricot pie the dear woman baked for my dinner last night was proof of a good welcome home from Her Imperiousness.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#22 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat May 26, 2018 1:21 am

& Following on with today's post, because it was impossible to have peace to quietly muse & scribble whilst on removal duties I might have joined a Diplomacy game & after 2 moves, defeat is inevitable there. I'll have to keep putting orders so I may go for defeat for that country with the least number of moves. I stopped playing Diplomacy in Feb to muse & scribble.

MajorMitchell

#23 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat May 26, 2018 1:22 am

My reliability rating took a hammering last year.

Telamor

#24 Post by Telamor » Sat May 26, 2018 2:09 pm

Just to check I've understood the post correctly: a wife, not yours, evicted a husband, presumably not you, who you went to help move out? Your wife, not the evicting wife, made you pie to show she missed you on your return?

MajorMitchell

#25 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon May 28, 2018 1:41 pm

That's a fair summary of the latter half of my last week. There's no way Her Imperiousness, my Lovely Fire Breathing MemSahib would ever release me from marital bondage, and I cannot​ conceive any circumstances in which I might seek such release. I distinctly remember the officiating Clerical blighter's omninous " till death parting" bit as well as saying " with all my wordly goods I do thee endow" & I signed all papers & certificates Major Booby & I've been signing cheques ever since to fund domestic operations.

Crippled Kermit

#26 Post by Crippled Kermit » Mon May 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Choking Geese

Pros:
There necks are long
They will stay away from your yard

Cons:
Its apparently illegal.
People get angry at you sometimes.

Jamiet99uk

#27 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 30, 2018 4:27 pm

In my spare time I drink and read law books. I also have a model railway which I am in the process of constructing, and I enjoy making and painting model rolling stock to go on said model railway. It is very calming.

Online as well as here, I play quite a lot of World of Tanks. Derping 152mm shells into the side of an unsuspecting tank is a fun way to unwind.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#28 Post by Maniac » Wed May 30, 2018 9:52 pm

Take up politics, it's like showbiz for ugly people.

I'm handsome but they let me in anyway.

MajorMitchell

#29 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:51 am

On couch musing Octavious lies in scent rich gardens of Babylon
Conquering all at gunboat whilst Daffy MM tends to babble on