Delayed games = mental stoppage

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
[email protected]

Delayed games = mental stoppage

#1 Post by [email protected] » Tue May 07, 2024 1:02 pm

Hey everyone, recently I’ve been joining a lot of games which I usually do and I always have a fun talkative time in them all. But lately about 4-6 games of mine have been stuck between 1901 and 1902 for about a week due to delays, and I’m mentally checked out of these games. I have no desire to open them look around send press etc, and I can’t figure out why. Does anyone else experience this?

brainbomb

Re: Delayed games = mental stoppage

#2 Post by brainbomb » Tue May 07, 2024 1:13 pm

Solution: We make a game together, with no delays allowed. and I try to dust off my rust at this game.

DiplomacyandWarfare

#3 Post by DiplomacyandWarfare » Wed May 08, 2024 11:55 am

[email protected] wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 1:02 pm
Hey everyone, recently I’ve been joining a lot of games which I usually do and I always have a fun talkative time in them all. But lately about 4-6 games of mine have been stuck between 1901 and 1902 for about a week due to delays, and I’m mentally checked out of these games. I have no desire to open them look around send press etc, and I can’t figure out why. Does anyone else experience this?
That tends to occur to me not only when games are delayed, but also when I have a lot of games running.
In any case, here's a no-delay game with 0 missed absences and 90% reliability rating requirement. Weighted draw scores.
https://webdiplomacy.net/beta/?gameID=993532
The password is NODELAY

auroeraa

#4 Post by auroeraa » Wed May 15, 2024 2:22 am

I think games are fun because of the sense of accomplishment. Being stuck in the same spot for a while takes away that feeling.
Delays can be frustrating, especially if you're enjoying the social aspect of the game. It can make you less motivated to return.
Maybe you've just played these games too much lately. A break can refresh your interest.

FlaviusAetius

#5 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed May 15, 2024 5:09 am

Games with less than a day between phases are probably the issue, I civil disordered out of one of them myself without even intending to, just too easy to miss

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#6 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu May 16, 2024 1:48 pm

Did that myself FlaviusAetius by rashly joining a game in progress with less than 24 hr moves then slept in, got up and forgot to check and did about 8 hours writing then looked...
Banned from joining games for 4 days.

DreamTrawler

#7 Post by DreamTrawler » Thu May 16, 2024 5:32 pm

As ripkobe knows I also civil disordered out of a game with less than 24 hour phases - when I was at 15 centers. Still not over it.

CaptainFritz28

#8 Post by CaptainFritz28 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:33 pm

I accidentally civil disordered out of a 24 hr world game (during a 12 hour retreat phase) which I had joined partway through... I was on 20 centers... would've gotten 57 points for it... still rather annoyed about that.
Ferre ad Finem!

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#9 Post by cdngooner » Fri May 17, 2024 4:53 pm

Looking for a reliable game?

https://webdiplomacy.net/beta/?gameID=1003743