My least favorite type of players

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
[email protected]

My least favorite type of players

#1 Post by [email protected] » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:06 pm

Greetings all, I like to declare myself a novice of diplomacy, I understand the ins and outs, I’ve played a good chunk of games as every power and I think I have officially found my two least favorite types of players. The first being the one who stabs you and cuts off communications, as I don’t think any friendship is completely unsalvagable, especially when the stab was coerced by the opponent you and your ally are teaming up against (an example being me turkey, ally Russia, vs Austria, Austria convices Russia to turn and attack me) and my second least favorite being the one who stabs, but proceeds to do nothing with it, these are the people who are usually the largest or second largest power on the board, and after trying to convince them and you to team up against another power, they simply walk into a few centers then send a long message about why it happned and what not, then they proceed to do absolutely nothing besides kind of just sit there, and make a non verbal declaration “hey everyone come stop me”

Pengwinja

Re: My least favorite type of players

#2 Post by Pengwinja » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:11 pm

I always hate the cutting off of communications without notice, but when someone owns all of your home supply centers, its going to be really hard to make a friendship again.

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3 Post by cdngooner » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:34 pm

No good Diplomacy player ever stops talking to anyone. ABT. Always Be Talking.

The worst players are those who quit once one bad thing happens to them. There is a special place in Diplomacy hell for those who quit games.

[email protected]

#4 Post by [email protected] » Wed Mar 13, 2024 4:38 pm

To add; those who join full press games and commit zero communication, not like little messages I mean absolutely zero, why even join full press?

Diplomacy&Warfare

#5 Post by Diplomacy&Warfare » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:51 am

The players who stop playing and cause the game to stall for three days.

Jamiet99uk

#6 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:25 pm

cdngooner wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:34 pm
No good Diplomacy player ever stops talking to anyone. ABT. Always Be Talking.

The worst players are those who quit once one bad thing happens to them. There is a special place in Diplomacy hell for those who quit games.
Always Be Closing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elrnAl6ygeM
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.