Inter game communication

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
[email protected]

Inter game communication

#1 Post by [email protected] » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:31 am

I have two games with the same player, for context sake we’re friends in one and enemies in another, I am aware that one game isn’t allowed to have an effect on the other regarding the sites meta gaming rule, am I allowed to ask him in one game to answer my press message In another game without breaking the rules? The player in question is currently being a lot more communicative in one game as opposed to the other, and if you see this said player I’m sorry, I just figured I’d get an answer instead of risking it for both of us

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Inter game communication

#2 Post by dargorygel » Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:37 pm

[email protected] wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:31 am
I have two games with the same player, for context sake we’re friends in one and enemies in another, I am aware that one game isn’t allowed to have an effect on the other regarding the sites meta gaming rule, am I allowed to ask him in one game to answer my press message In another game without breaking the rules? The player in question is currently being a lot more communicative in one game as opposed to the other, and if you see this said player I’m sorry, I just figured I’d get an answer instead of risking it for both of us
I would consider this against the spirit of the rules. I am too lazy to look up exact wording of our Manifest Destiny... but each game should be seen as an individual game, yes?

cdngooner
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3 Post by cdngooner » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:13 pm

You don't want to be the guy with the reputation for making out-of-game communications with a player about an ongoing game.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4 Post by Chaqa » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:41 pm

Sounds like person is about to stab you in one of those games :D

[email protected]

#5 Post by [email protected] » Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:51 pm

Sounds good to me, I just figured I’d give a little “hey could you answer me over here” but now I won’t, I appreciate the reply’s everyone

JECE

#6 Post by JECE » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:22 pm

I've never been a mod, but I think that it's perfectly fine and natural to remind somebody to reply to your press. If it's a full press game, you could even exchange private messages without setting off alarm bells. At least that's what the culture here used to be like.

On the other hand, I should point out that it's often frowned upon to discuss ongoing games on the public forum. You may want to ask questions like this here next time:
https://webdiplomacy.net/modforum.php
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421