If I have a consenting relationship with a house plant, should it be made legal

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
brainbomb

If I have a consenting relationship with a house plant, should it be made legal

#1 Post by brainbomb » Sun May 28, 2023 3:17 am

If I choose to procreate with a consenting plant that lives under my roof; should this be legal. What are the moral and ethical considerations of this? Am I unlawful? and what would the custody of the children entail?

Re: If I have a consenting relationship with a house plant, should it be made legal

#2 Post by 335750162 » Sun May 28, 2023 3:52 am

Everyday, we stray further from god.

Plants are unable to consent given that they don't have a brain, but assuming they are consenting, I foresee no problems other than ethical concerns regarding the product of such a relationship, perhaps making life a bit difficult for your offspring. That's my 2 cents on it.

If you are truly interested in having a relationship with this plant, I will not stop you, but one day, you should ask yourself "why" and if this is truly worth it. I understand you may have problems with getting relationships with other humans which is a sentiment I share, but in my opinion, there is no need to resort to such means.

Also, for research purposes, what kind of plant are you talking about? Ain't no way you're gonna get a tulip pregnant.

President Eden

Re: If I have a consenting relationship with a house plant, should it be made legal

#3 Post by President Eden » Sun May 28, 2023 6:35 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 3:17 am
If I choose to procreate with a consenting plant that lives under my roof; should this be legal. What are the moral and ethical considerations of this? Am I unlawful? and what would the custody of the children entail?
Thorny subject

Jamiet99uk

#4 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 28, 2023 11:45 am

brainbomb wrote:
Go home, Fluminator, you are drunk.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Octavious

#6 Post by Octavious » Sun May 28, 2023 2:40 pm

This entire debate does hinge on finding a plant willing to lower itself to brainbomb's intellectual level for the sake of a relationship. I admire brainbomb's optimism in this venture, but it's asking a lot. Perhaps an older tree in her late 600s would be excited enough by brainbomb's relative youth to overlook... all the other stuff
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

PRINCE WILLIAM

#7 Post by PRINCE WILLIAM » Sun May 28, 2023 6:54 pm

A tree of 600 years cannot be under his roof, literally.

Jamiet99uk

#8 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun May 28, 2023 11:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Prove that the plant consented.

I accuse you of being a plant rapist.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#9 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon May 29, 2023 2:56 pm

I'm worried about where this is going in the context of the "rights of AI" discussion from earlier.

Is this actually warming us up to the idea that you want to get married to your computer?

Or, to a slug?

Crazy Anglican

#10 Post by Crazy Anglican » Mon May 29, 2023 3:03 pm

One question,

Is it poison ivy or poison oak? If so, I can foresee some problems there.