25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Doom427
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 1064

25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#1 Post by Doom427 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:33 pm

If we exterminated the ~99% of the human population that are not psychopaths. You can clearly identify them with a simple brain scan. Is there a utilitarian moral argument against exterminating non-psychopaths?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22339
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14560
Contact:

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#2 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:26 pm

What the fuck is the matter with you?

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22339
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14560
Contact:

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#3 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:27 pm

Oh I see you're responding to Tolstoy's stupid thread. I'll go and rant there.

Doom427
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 1064

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#4 Post by Doom427 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:08 pm

Jamie revealing he's part of the 99 :neutral:

I cannot imagine the experience of seeing this without context

Octavious
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 2246
Contact:

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#5 Post by Octavious » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:40 pm

Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:08 pm
I cannot imagine the experience of seeing this without context
You just treat it as another peculiar webDip joke and either move on or comment in kind, surely?
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

Doom427
Posts: 756
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:54 am
Karma: 1064

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#6 Post by Doom427 » Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:57 pm

Octavious wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:40 pm
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:08 pm
I cannot imagine the experience of seeing this without context
You just treat it as another peculiar webDip joke and either move on or comment in kind, surely?
Or you ask what the fuck is wrong with you, as Jamie did

Octavious
Posts: 3057
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:16 pm
Location: The Five Valleys, Gloucestershire
Karma: 2246
Contact:

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#7 Post by Octavious » Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:27 pm

Jamie is special that way, yes.
1
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

Tolstoy
Posts: 69
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:56 pm
Location: FEMA Region 4
Karma: 28

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#8 Post by Tolstoy » Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:20 am

Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:33 pm
If we exterminated the ~99% of the human population that are not psychopaths. You can clearly identify them with a simple brain scan. Is there a utilitarian moral argument against exterminating non-psychopaths?
There is. Humanity would go extinct. I very seriously doubt psychopaths would be able to survive without anyone else to exploit. They would wind up cannibalizing each other to survive, as long as that would work. Not to mention the gender imbalance, which always leads leads to instability (3/4 of psychopaths are male).

JECE
Posts: 484
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:35 pm
Karma: 168
Contact:

Re: 25 percent of the world's problems could be solved

#9 Post by JECE » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:42 pm

Tolstoy wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:20 am
Doom427 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:33 pm
If we exterminated the ~99% of the human population that are not psychopaths. You can clearly identify them with a simple brain scan. Is there a utilitarian moral argument against exterminating non-psychopaths?
There is. Humanity would go extinct. I very seriously doubt psychopaths would be able to survive without anyone else to exploit. They would wind up cannibalizing each other to survive, as long as that would work. Not to mention the gender imbalance, which always leads leads to instability (3/4 of psychopaths are male).
But isn't there a utilitarian moral argument for humanity going extinct?

What about the Congo?

:evil:
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests