Unvaccinated sperm the next bitcoin?

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Fluminator

Unvaccinated sperm the next bitcoin?

#1 Post by Fluminator » Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:25 pm

Does anyone have any experience in investing in this sort of thing? I don't see it becoming a currency in the future, but I think there's an argument via rarity that it will be up big.

Randomizer

Re: Unvaccinated sperm the next bitcoin?

#2 Post by Randomizer » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:01 pm

There is no medical test to verify. Testing the person would only prove whether or not they had antibodies so can't distinguish Covid-19 survivor and vaccinated.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#3 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:15 am

Randomiser has pointed to the obvious problem with the suggestion. However it is true that male fertility rates are dropping significantly which means that there could exist opportunities for the future minority of Chaps who have highly potent sperm.

Perhaps future genetics technologies will allow reproduction without the need for sperm from men. Then a few colonies of virile Chaps as a Reserve, insurance policy is all the men humanity will require. At adolescence, all males could be tested and only the top 15% in the virility stakes are kept as a resource, in stud farms on island havens and the other 85% are neutered & sent out to work.

Octavious

#4 Post by Octavious » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:04 pm

MajorMitchell wrote:
Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:15 am
However it is true that male fertility rates are dropping significantly
How sure of that are we? Sperm cells have only been counted for around 100 years, and reliably so for somewhat less time. Even if we agree that sperm counts 50 years ago were higher, who is to say that we have gone from a period of abnormally high sperm counts to more normal levels rather than vice versa?
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

mitomon

#5 Post by mitomon » Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:19 pm

not unless you made sperm nfts and stored them on the blockchain