Incredibly Bad Idea for a Tournament

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Doom427

Incredibly Bad Idea for a Tournament

#1 Post by Doom427 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:26 pm

I was thinking of the different scoring systems for diplomacy, and was wondering about a tournament with seven different scoring systems. After three games, the seven winners all go to finalists table, and whoever wins the most scoring systems there is the overall winner.

I've come up with a few scoring systems I thought would be kind of funny (such as (s-s)^2 scoring, or a system that gives points for all holds orders), but what do y'all think? Has this actually happened before? Would this be possible on this site?

SunRa

Re: Incredibly Bad Idea for a Tournament

#2 Post by SunRa » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:06 am

In a f2f tournament back in The late 1990 s i used 3 scoring systems at once, each focusing on various playingstyles (stabber, vanilla alliance players and balance of power). Score was calculated for each system and then given a value like this.

Player a.
Came first in system a =100 points
Second in system b =99 point
Tenth in system c =90 points.
Overall score =100+99+90