Omnipresent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Diplomacy Game

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Omnipresent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Diplomacy Game

#41 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:11 am

My new career as an​ embrionic Performing Comedic Artist is exhausting, there's a surprising amount of work to do despite not actually "going to do any paid work". I had two long days in Adelaide purchasing prop/ costume items & went to a comedy show Tuesday night. 460km.in two days & home at 2am both nights.
Wednesday was a sleep & recovery then work at home. Today I went to dentist and had two fillings, clean if plaque etc and an extraction of the two stumps and roots left of one tooth. Then home for a few phone calls, then unpack/sort/repack car for tomorrow's trip to Adelaide.

Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game proveeds, another year is complete & it's builds phase.
CzarDipComrade Octavious our Oracle with Russia is defeated, Austria, cdrivera has taken Moscow.
chluke Turkey did well, captured Greece from Italy so the Protestant Pontiff had gone backwards this year, losing a sc, which makes him vulnerable to Goldfinger with France
Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel is going to have to play exceptiolly well to survive but looks doomed to be defeated by Goldfinger who has CTA with England as an ally, although not an equal partner, a servant ally.

The only danger to goldfish is a mass alliance against him forming when Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel is reduced to impotence, CTA switching to ally with Austria and Italy assuming they can promptly defeat Turkey, which imho is not certain.
if chluke Turkey plays really well and delays Austria and Italy defeating him then Goldfinger should be in a very good position to attack Italy successfully. Goldfinger is already contesting Piedmont with army Marseilles​ and could move fleet Mid Atlantic to Western Mediterranean in spring move

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#42 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:12 am

Oh ha ha the auto correcting s/w changed Goldfinger to goldfish.

MajorMitchell

#43 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:10 pm

Well I have been busy with Artistic Capers and Political Activism and another year of Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game has been played.
Goldfinger continues his march forward in the North capturing Belgium from Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel. Additionally Goldfinger has outwitted all of us, myself included. I predicted that Goldfinger would attack Italy.
Goldfinger is so.much more Machiavellian than that, he's instigated a fight between Italy & Austria and is supporting Italy against Austria. It's beautiful stuff.

MajorMitchell

#44 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:19 am

Tis Spring 1906 Retreats in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game.
CTA with England has decided to ally with Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel against Goldfinger with France, which is a good choice in my opinion. However CTA used his army in St Petersburg to support a Turkish army from Sevastapol in capturing Moscow from Austria which I think was perhaps not such a wise move and probably foolish.
Austria will presumably retreat army Moscow to his unnocupied sc, Warsaw.
Goldfinger has got an army from Piedmont to Tyrolia and can attack Munich with greater strength.altgough holding Belgium is the primary task for his armies & fleet Picardy.
Despite CTA having decided to attack his former master Goldfinger has a strong strategic position to enable him to crush his rebellious disident with England.
Turkey's position improves with the capture of Moscow.and cdrivera with Austria is in a vice between a revenge hungry chluke with Turkey and Italy's attack supported by Goldfinger basically giving our Protestant Pontiff peace to attack Austria and hopefully contain Turkey.

So in the sense that helping chluke with Turkey get Moscow will make Turkey a greater threat to Italy and France and thus help the desperate duo in the northwest, CTA and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel against Goldfinger with France, it in the medium to long term endangers them as well.
It's a most interesting game and cdrivera with Austria is moving into the front runners position for next to be defeated imho.
chluke is looking good for a fellow who feared for Turkey's survival not that long back vis a vis that of Austria's survival.
That stab by cdrivera on chluke looks like becoming a boomerang of rather severe payback.which is only to be encouraged imho. Treachery deserves Punishment.

MajorMitchell

#45 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:07 pm

The autumn 1906 move has been played. Goldfinger has lost a sc, Liverpool to CTA and Goldfinger will need to play his best to wiggle out of trouble.
The real mover is chluke with Turkey, gains two scs to have eight. He has a real chance to get out through Ionian sea and becoming extremely dangerous. So chluke takes the Walsingham points for 1906.
cdrivera with Austria is losing scs and looks doomed, but imho deserves it for treachery.

MajorMitchell

#46 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:00 pm

Contributions from others is not "verboten". CaptMike provided a link to Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game on page 2 & Octavious our Oracle chipped in on Cricket~apart from those two contributions, I am doing "all the heavy lifting" with this.. Hint, hint, nudge, nudge, wink, wink.. and I am not seeking a reproduction of the Monty python skit...

MajorMitchell

#47 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:49 pm

It's Spring 1907 Retreats in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game & the lads are in fierce competition.
chluke with Turkey has armies in Moscow and Ukraine, Armenia and Bulgaria with fleets Greece Aegean sea and Black sea. He has to retreat from Rumania and unnocupied Sevastapol is his only choice or disbanding for that army.
cdrivera with Austria has played a suicidal imho attack on Rumania using army Serbia as attack army, support moves from army Galicia & Budapest, results, he takes Rumania bit Serbia, the key to the Balkans is unnocupied going into an autumn move, never a good idea imho.
It's true it cannot be attacked with a support move, but it's a strategic weakness. CTA with England has attacked and taken Warsaw with his only army in Russia, St P is unnocupied, but chluke with Turkey is most unlikely to attack St P this autumn move imho. Getting Rumania back will be chluke's priority. CTA can use army Warsaw to hit Austria's army Galicia to break it's support hold to Rumania in autumn move if he chooses to & might.
Our lovable Protestant Pontiff has moved fleet Albania to Ionian sea, army Venice to Tyrolia and army Apulia to Venice, so with fleet Adriatic and army Trieste is positioned to attack unnocupied Vienna.
So returning to the woes of cdrivera with Austria, imho instead of attacking Rumania he should have used army Galicia to defend unnocupied Warsaw with a bounce. It wouldn't save Warsaw against a supported attack in autumn move, but would have avoided giving Warsaw away too easily and denied CTA having an army in Warsaw to use in autumn move to mess with Austrian army Galicia.
CTA was in a doomed position and his imho rash attack on Rumania using army Serbia only worsened his position.

In the other big squabbling between Goldfinger with France and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany and England, CTA the alliance of Germany and England is pushing Goldfinger hard. Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel captured Belgium and will hold it in autumn move imho.
CTA has two armies in Liverpool and Yorkshire, fleets North Sea and Norway.
Goldfinger has fleets in Irish Sea, English channel, Picardy and did have a fleet in Yorkshire but it's dislodged and has to retreat. London is unnocupied French sc so it's most likely retreat option.
Goldfinger has armies in Wales, Paris and Burgundy.

It's 4am local time & I've been rather busy the last two days and nights.

Good news on Artistic fronts. Acquired several items in last two days, including the anniversary CD of Deep Purple In Rock album, properly remastered with a bundle of bonus tracks. The first CD version of this classic album was a less than ideal use of the opportunities offered by the technology.
So "Flight of the Rat" has been getting a repetitive thrashing.
I also purchased a second hand megaphone for $Aus20 called a screamer.
It's a cracker. Made for European soccer fanatics probably.
It has a basic microphone to speaker option, a recorded song, which is why I think it's designed for soccer hooligans, oops fanatics, because it's that ghastly.. Olay Olay Olay tune associated with soccer crowds.

It also has a record to audio memory & playback on repeating cycle functions
All for $Aus20-
I purchased two second hand artist's painting Easels for $Aus30- brilliant. Now I have good painting kit for oil, watercolour painting and drawing using coloured pencils & chalk pastels.
Plus direction, theme, execution plans for a series of paintings to have ready in eight months time.. the Medusa's​ Progress and Medusas​.
My style will be Daubism in tribute partly to Driller Jet Armstrong, the South Australian Artistic Scallywag Pioneer Daubist.
Australian Conservative Senators Michaela Cash, Ann Ruston, unsuccessful scion of Downer Political Dynasty Georgina Downer, and local Mayor Lady Psychologist Dr Goody Two Faces.
I have the large print images of Ms Downer. The others, I have photos from public domain of them to send to printer who can print in A1 size.

En Avante Mes Amis

MajorMitchell

#48 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Mar 16, 2021 8:00 am

The Autumn 07 moves & retreats have been played in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game & it's builds. Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany gets a build from capturing Belgium from Goldfinger with France. Goldfinger recaptured Liverpool from CTA so stays at seven scs, CTA with England has Warsaw so stays at five scs and cdrivera loses Warsaw and only has three scs left, Vienna and Budapest occupied by two of his armies and unnocupied Serbia.
If cdrivera with Austria has not learnt the importance of Serbia as the key to the Balkans by now then frankly he will have to be exceptionally fortunate to ever win a game with Austria against capable opponents imho. He has contrived to be unable to retreat his army from Rumania and cannot rebuild it, so Serbia is an easy supported attack by Turkey in spring and chluke moves into a commanding position with prospects of capturing two scs next year.
Goldfinger with France is in strife as Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany and current ally CTA with England have the greater numbers of scs units. England has five and only one army in Russia the other four are effectively deployed against France
Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany will have six units, he gets a build for Belgium. So Goldfinger with seven units is outnumbered. His only hope is a deal with Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel to split England's scs and get rid of him, turn and fight Turkey & I wouldn't put it past that pair of cunning players. Make a France Italy and Germany against Turkey dynamic.
Italy should have moved armies to Albania and Trieste imho.
That would have allowed bumbling cdrivera to retreat from Rumania to Serbia and set up attack on Turkey's hold of Greece by Italy.
Now chluke with Turkey will gobble up Serbia and Budapest promptly. Gobble gobble gobble gobble.

Octavious

#49 Post by Octavious » Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:32 am

It is remarkable really how few non-Turkish fleets exist in the south, and indeed how few opportunities remain to build new or redeploy existing naval units.

MajorMitchell

#50 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:27 pm

I wouldn't worry about the probability that chluke with Turkey will have a fleet in Ionian sea within two moves Dear Sage Octavious our Oracle. The spring move has been played in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game & chluke has armies flooding into the Balkans, amies in Serbia Bulgaria Ukraine and Galicia fleets in Greece, Albania and Constantinople (from Black sea)
Our Protestant Pontiff with Italy played defensively with his two fleets Adriatic sea and Ionian sea & made two pointless unsupported attacks on Budapest & Vienna.. he had to attack Turkey's movements to Albania or a move to Aegan Sea not Austrian​ scs pointlessly, and move against Germany if he's Goldfinger's ally, hit Munich with army Tyrolia not move an army to Piedmont/attack Vienna, in my opinion.

The circus in the North between Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel, Goldfinger and CTA with CTA having put chluke into a potentially winning position. Why Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel tolerates CTA defies logic in my opinion.
He should have cut a deal with Goldfinger to get rid of CTA with England and pushed two armies east and attacked Denmark.
Time is the key to stopping chluke with Turkey from romping to a Solo Win and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel just wasted time he doesn't have in my opinion.
The global chatter has sparked up. They're obviously reading this thread, the scallywaggery of not giving me +1s for intellectual property rights of the author....
chluke is trying to sell the "I'm not really after a Solo Win" propaganda & that's an often heard refrain with zero credibility in these situations, like it would be credible coming from our Protestant Pontiff.
I don't think CTA cares at all if chluke wins, as long as Goldfinger and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel do NOT win that's enough for CTA.

Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany has invaded Burgundy successfully

MajorMitchell

#51 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:15 am

Und Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany is making witticisms in global chatter, which is bubbling along with chluke frothing at the bit with an affectation of injured honour, the "I am hurt that anyone would suggest that I am after a Solo Win" window dressing malarkey.
This of course is viewed as most amusing by the others & in a convivial mood they have started discussing alcohol and it's consumption & Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel siezed opportunities to make his comedic remarks.
Now I take Hogarth's representations of Gin swilling inhabitants of the once ruder northern island province of the Roman Empire as indicative of their nature and the Soccer enthusiasts from that nation swilling down of Watney's Red Barrel Lager like Irish Navvies going at Divine Guinness on their vandalistic jaunts across Europe in modern times simply reinforce this perception.
Varieties of Gin have been a subject of conversation and one that is reputedly infused with wormwood mentioned in glowing terms. Wormwood is traditionally used to produce Absinthe, once a far superior beverage to the sanitised simulacrum that is modern day Absinthe and once a favourite tipple of the Parisian Artistic Community.
Nowadays the rather impotent Absinthe is barely good enough for washing painter's brushes in my opinion.

A hint of wormwood in a brand of Gin suggests that marketing and image prevail over reason with consumers and the canny use of wormwood infusion is a most clever notion indeed.

Well Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel's two witticisms, a pun on Amoretto and Amarillo & I suggest that most residents of Amarillo would be as likely know Amoretto as they would a Tintoretto. Indeed one could offer most "a glass of Tintoretto and print of an Amoretto" ..Would they would admire the print of a Tintoretto for it's subtle eroticism whilst gagging on the first slurp of Amoretto? I think not.

..& a play with "Gin Rummy" some hooligans form of Whist for the mathematically disadvantaged.
Please Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel, stick with Hunnish Hilarity, that's perhaps an oxymoron,
Try Prussian Pantomime gags, or something to improvise from, viz:
A flugelhorn player from Hamburg, a Bratwurst maker from Munich and a pretty young Fraulien from Berlin go into a Bavarian Castle and....

MajorMitchell

#52 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:51 am

It's Autumn builds for 1908 in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game & it's a tough audience to get +1s from who viewed​this thread 4,000+ times. Given that my other thread is past 14,000 views it's clear that there are many disengaged Millennials playing with IT devices who won't pay for content with +1s viewing my two threads​ imho.

Well chluke with Turkey is moving fast, gaining Serbia and Budapest this year goes to ten scs and has two builds.
That weathercock ally CTA with England has attacked Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany taking Sweden and trying to convoy army Yorkshire to Denmark which bounced with German fleet skagerak.
CTA with England has become a pawn of chluke with Turkey, something that was obvious for several moves going back to CTA helping chluke get Moscow.
Goldfinger has snared Belgium from Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany and gets a build probably a new fleet in Marseille.
Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany loses Sweden and Belgium so has two disbands to make ~ army Burgundy is a high probability of getting disbanded and I expect that Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel is in discussions with Goldfinger.

chluke with Turkey moved an army to Silesia and his servant CTA with England has moved an army to Prussia so the last trace of CzarDipComrade Octavious our Oracle is gone.

The Protestant Pontiff with Italy played rather ineffectively in my opinion..he lost Trieste to Austrian army from Budapest in alliance with Turkey. Turkey used army Serbia to support Austrian army Budapest to Trieste and Austrian army Vienna added a support move for the attack on Trieste.
Italy made no move to Aegean sea again to slow Turkey's fleet Constantinople to Aegean sea and now Turkey has fleets Albania, Greece, Aegean sea and two builds, so one fleet Smyrna to move to Eastern Mediterranean in spring in combination with supported attack on Ionian sea and Italy is a shot duck ready for the pot.
Italy might have saved Trieste by attacking Vienna with army Tyrolia to break it's support move but made a move to Bohemia and accomplished nothing.
So it's chluke with Turkey on the move to sixteen scs quickly and trying to talk three way draw to confuse and delay an organised effective opposing multi player alliance to stop him getting a Solo Win.
CTA with England is strong enough to cause enough problems to enable chluke to get a Solo Win and probably doesn't want to prevent it, as long as Goldfinger and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel are defeated CTA will be happy. Although it's chluke with Turkey who will decide, he could strip CTA of Warsaw and St P easily and make a deal with Goldfinger?
Goldfinger is again in a good negotiating position vis a vis Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel.

MajorMitchell

#53 Post by MajorMitchell » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:26 am

Well I think the prospect of our Protestant Pontiff surviving has improved significantly in the 1909 year of Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game which is in Autumn builds.
cdrivera with Austria is defeated and chluke with Turkey has captured Vienna and Trieste, gains two scs to have twelve but is isolated because of the shifts in alliances during the year.
At least chluke who has eliminated the player who tried to stab him in his first alliance.
Goldfinger with France and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany have formed an alliance with the Protestant Pontiff with Italy to stop chluke with Turkey getting a Solo Win and promptly moved to secure Italy, Tunis and the tyrhennian Sea to block Turkey's advance and that end of the stalemate line.
chluke's alliance with CTA with England is unstable, CTA has been in my opinion a weathervane type ally to France Germany then Turkey.
My prediction that Goldfinger and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel would both get tired of CTA with England and decide to form an alliance to stop chluke with Turkey getting a Solo Win and get rid of England, since CTA is too unreliable to include in a long term alliance to stop chluke with Turkey.
Getting rid of England gives Goldfinger and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel the ability to gain builds that they control and once England is eliminated, create vacant regions with unnocupied scs and deploy units in numbers against Turkey.
An effective three way alliance, Goldfinger and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with our Protestant Pontiff, France, Germany and Italy against chluke & CTA, Turkey and England.

The global chatter bubbles along, chluke's efforts are entertaining, he's playing his doomed underdog songs, praising up Goldfinger as the master puppeteer who manipulates everything.
Goldfinger is undoubtedly a top hand at the Diplomacy Caper but so is Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel and I doubt that either of that pair would be a puppet of the other. Our Protestant Pontiff with Italy is fortunate, he is a solid, reliable player, not in the same class as Goldfinger and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel in my opinion but a cut above CTA with England imho.
It's a strong alliance that I believe could achieve it's goals, get rid of CTA and stop chluke with Turkey getting his Solo. They might even defeat Turkey which would be a dogged, long campaign.

So it's top value entertainment and also most educative for fledgling webdiplomacy players and disengaged Millennials playing with IT devices, Scallywags and Lovely Ladies and Happy Chaps for quite some time ahead.
The Walsingham points go to Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel and Goldfinger with a good effort star to our Protestant Pontiff, a guiding Star.

I predict the next player to be defeated will be CTA with England and deservedly. I direct any curious reader of that comment to go way back in this thread and look at criticisms I have made about CTA's performance with England. It's been, in my opinion, most disappointing.

Thanks for 4,660+ views. My two most popular threads have passed a combined 20,000 views. I will continue to maintain some ethical principles and do my best to never allow Uber~diplomacy or Casinos to advertise in my threads.

MajorMitchell

#54 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:16 am

chluke with Turkey is eager to get a Draw in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game. Who can blame him, he's boxed in by Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel and Goldfinger with assistance from our Protestant Pontiff. chluke is trying to keep CTA with England in the Draw but then calling a five way draw "lame". I think chluke is suggesting that they should "cull" Italy as well as CTA and have a three way Draw.
It's an obvious ploy get a breakout through Italy for chluke.. but wise, sagacious Goldfinger and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel are not deceived with what is essentially a "load of old flannel"
I hope Goldfinger holds out, gets rid of CTA with England and then consents to a four way draw.
In my opinion CTA with England has played poorly from the start, has been an unstable weathervane ally, switching sides frequently & making strategic & tactical blunders & simply does not deserve to be included in a Draw. Disloyalty should never be rewarded imho.
Yet Goldfinger's compassionate, empathetic, forgiving nature is well known of by his closest associates so it will be interesting to see what he does, which side of his nature prevails..
The rigorously intellectual principled and determined warrior savant?
Or the gentler, kinder, generous to a fault fellow who imbues the "Sporting Graces" of "let and allow" like those gentlemen who have led humanity to kinder, more caring enlightenment?
Gosh it's exciting stuff for a Chap pondering his fate as he faces Tyranny and Oppression and a legal Rumpolian adventure. There are benefits in being an Oppressed Performing Artistic Freedom Activist, my Adorable Fire Breathing MemSahib is being most kind, a most disconcerting state of affairs imho. I will have to scatter cigar ash on her lace doilies and spill whisky, no let's not be rash with good whisky.. note the effect of her unnatural kindness, I momentarily considered committing a wicked act, spilling good whisky..

MajorMitchell

#55 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:57 am

I would remind Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel that CTA proved to be a most unreliable ally to Germany in this game. Toughen Up Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel and support Goldfinger and execute CTA for disloyalty.

MajorMitchell

#56 Post by MajorMitchell » Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:22 pm

Tis 1910 Autumn builds in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game.
I offer another observation on the play of CTA with England. He used fleet skagerak to support fleet Norway to Sweden and moved army St P to Norway, leaving unnocupied St P for chluke to get easily.
He could have attacked Sweden with fleet skagerak, used fleet Norway to give support move and kept army in St P, a better defensive set up going forward.
I suggest the Blighter is trying to help chluke get a Solo Win.
On this my authority to criticise is compromised by my own petulant streak, I have indulged in suicidal treatment of the nation I had when stabbed & cite an occasion when I have Russia in a prestigious invitational affair and Bombarding Thomas had Germany, and I insist there are huge differences in circumstances. For example, I hadn't played such a impotent game, and my degree of "suicidal tactics" surpasses by far that of CTA imho.
He lost two scs Warsaw to Turkey and Edinburgh to France but gained Sweden so has to disband a unit and has only 3 Scandinavian scs. Goldfinger has all three English home scs now.
Goldfinger gains one and is playing superbly, fledglings should study his tactical implementation of his strategic planning, or in fledgling speak.. how he moved his units, which ones attack, which ones give support moves. How he structures defensive lines and uses support holds.
How he delays Turkey's advanced, in autumn move the product with army Tyrolia to Vienna and another army to Piedmont to bolster his Defense there. Omnipotent Zultar's stable of gun players is an elite establishment and it's joyous to see one of Omnipotent Zultar's top runners showing his thoroughbred class.
Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany gained a sc, I'm unsure how he did it. A useful build, an army to bolster his line of three armies, Prussia, Silesia and Munich.
chluke with Turkey gains one sc. The disadvantage of location for Turkey is that it takes four, five, more moves to bring up new units. Enforced waits of attacks at the front as a result.

I commend Goldfinger for holding out on a Draw. I infer his determination to see England defeated before he agrees to the Draw and encourage him to pursue that policy. It should produce a four way draw.

MajorMitchell

#57 Post by MajorMitchell » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:20 am

I thought I had posted comments on the Spring move. My life is in kaliedoscopic state and the psychological assistance can't come soon enough.
Betrayal and treacherous behaviours should never be rewarded in my opinion
So only God knows why our Crazy Protestant Pontiff has switched alliance and given Turkey help to attack Goldfinger.
I reiterate my criticisms of Play Diplomacy site. It's awful.

MajorMitchell

#58 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:05 pm

Tis the 1911 Autumn builds in Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game.
CTA has only one sc, Sweden and will probably lose that in 1912

The game looks to be heading to a Draw although chluke with fourteen scs is within striking distance for a Solo Win and our Protestant Pontiff with Italy switching from sensible alliance with Goldfinger's alliance group to assisting chluke's push into Tyrolia. He also attacked Goldfinger's fleet and has foolishly left Tunis unnocupied.
Perhaps he feared that Goldfinger might go for a Solo Win? I can understand that fear of Goldfinger, he's a deadly hand at the Diplomacy Caper & most Machiavellian DipComrade which is what a Chap has to be to be invited into Omnipotent Zultar's elite Webdiplomacy Special Forces unit.
Daffy Old Fools like me do not get invited to join elite units by Omnipotent Zultar.
Yet there are Fledglings and young whippersnappers who might have what it takes, the ambition, perseverance, intellectual abilities and ethical qualities required to achieve what Goldfinger and his colleagues have achieved and even surpass them.
I hope this is the case and perhaps one of two of them might be reading this and decide to have a crack at achieving such glorious ambitions.
I contemplate the future of this wonderful game, where it will go when Daffy Old Dusty Balzac is dust.
Fledglings and young whippersnappers are the future of this wonderful game & the global reach technology has given the game is inspiring.
I hope when we have human settlements on Mars there's a few diplomacy players amongst the people living there.

For the moment, returning to Omnipotent Zultar's fantastic Holiday Competition Game, it looks like draw after CTA is defeated..so chluke, Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel, our Protestant Pontiff and Goldfinger in a four way Draw, with slight possibility of chluke having a go at a Solo Win. Even Goldfinger would struggle to get a Solo Win with France, he'd risk chluke getting it if he tried.

MajorMitchell

#59 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:13 pm

The defensive lines used by Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel and Goldfinger were ambitious and CTA's antics haven't helped them.
I prefer a solidly backed shorter defensive Munich Berlin line yet understand why Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel and Goldfinger have tried to hold advanced positions, Prussia,, Silesia.
With support from Italy it was the best strategy for the specific situation.
However a breakthrough can lead to a rout, which is why chluke might be tempted to have a go for a Solo Win. It would be a significant Victory if he could manage it in this company.

MajorMitchell

#60 Post by MajorMitchell » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:25 am

Well tis Autumn 1913 builds and CATS with England has no scs left and will be defeated. However he has done enough damage to the alliance of Goldfinger with France and Das Urkomisch Ausglassen Dargorygel with Germany to give chluke with Turkey an excellent opportunity for a Solo Win.
chluke has captured Venice, Munich and Berlin and invaded Italy and now has sixteen scs.
Goldfinger has captured Tunis from Italy, so only two scs Rome and Naples remain under the control of our Protestant Pontiff.
So chluke is positioned to capture scs in Italy and Germany and get a Solo Win.