papa brainbomb

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: papa brainbomb

#21 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:36 am

Bumpity bump it's a baby bump

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#22 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:43 pm

I hope the Brainbomb progeny has arrived safely and mother, child & papa are all having fun

President Eden

#23 Post by President Eden » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:51 am
Elizabeth and I are proud to announce the arrival of our son in June of 2021. No one in this world could ever be so humbled and excited at the chance to be a dad. On ultrasounds our baby is healthy, active and even appeared to wave at us!
Congrats again bud, this is definitely not a test of the new signature function.

DammmmDaniel

#24 Post by DammmmDaniel » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:31 am

Congratulations Brain, I chose a good time to log back into the site! Hope everything is going well with your family.

brainbomb

#25 Post by brainbomb » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:37 am

Samantha is one month now she is very happy and full of energy.

MajorMitchell

#26 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:06 am

Hoorah for Mother Elizabeth, fledgling Samantha and Papa Brainbomb. President Eden sees beyond my Daffy facade of Daffiness and is too polite to mention the blunt information seeking methodology on my part of feigning Daffiness.
Please use edible crayons when encouraging young fledgling Samantha at the Art caper and consider singing said fledgling to sleep with the 3Witches recipe from MacBeth as a gentle lullaby. Tips on parenting are a hazard of becoming a parent.

Johnny Big Horse
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#27 Post by Johnny Big Horse » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:45 pm

congratulations! It will all be different now.

One suggestion, take it or leave it, but I found it invaluable. Every night, read to your child for like 30 minutes. They don't need to understand it. Just read to them. Eventually as they age, start pointing to the words as you read. Then when they are in 4th or 5th grade, start reading adult books that are good, and that have some words they and maybe you don't know. Every time you run across a hard word, write it down, and have them memorize 10 a week.

The two benefits we got. Sleeping was a natural thing. A lot of kids fuss and scream and refuse to go to sleep. Reading will slow their minds down and they will relax and bedtime becomes easy. Also, you establish a rhythm which is read then sleep... and then sleep comes easy.

The other benefit, is that your kid will be smart with words very early and throughout their lives. Mine became an incredibly fast reader who could retain nearly everything, and she could write well too.

Do not rely on the schools to educate your child. If you want an independent smart child, you need to teach those skills. Reading is the first big step

MajorMitchell

#28 Post by MajorMitchell » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:30 am

That is excellent advice from Johnny Big Horse imho. You make it fun in the initial stages when they're still wriggly and not wanting to go to sleep, doing funny voices and facial expressions and get them interested then gradually lower the energy levels after ten minutes, the funny voices get softer and they lie calmer in their bed and this is when you make the transition to it being intellectually interesting and read calmly and it's usually a guaranteed way of getting them to sleep, and sleep well.