Game Settings

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
Post Reply
Message
Author
Machiavelli1901
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 am
Karma: 1

Game Settings

#1 Post by Machiavelli1901 » Thu May 14, 2020 6:59 pm

Can anyone tell me if you are able to modify/edit game settings after the game has launched?


For example, I want to launch the game so everyone knows what country they are, and give them 1 week to strategize. After that one week is up, i want to change the order deadline to 3 days instead of 1 week. Is this possible or is everything set in stone after game launch?

Thank you

Machiavelli1901
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 am
Karma: 1

Re: Game Settings

#2 Post by Machiavelli1901 » Thu May 14, 2020 7:00 pm

FYI - I am creating a custom game with 7 close friends who have all agreed to this if available.

Claesar
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:34 am
Karma: 1230

Re: Game Settings

#3 Post by Claesar » Thu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm

This is only available to mods, and we're currently very busy. It's unlikely we'll be able to respond to your emails in time.

You could of course all agree to have pressed Ready when the deadline (3 days) hits so the turn processes immediately.

Machiavelli1901
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 am
Karma: 1

Re: Game Settings

#4 Post by Machiavelli1901 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:06 am

Claesar wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 7:44 pm
This is only available to mods, and we're currently very busy. It's unlikely we'll be able to respond to your emails in time.

You could of course all agree to have pressed Ready when the deadline (3 days) hits so the turn processes immediately.
I understand, unfortunately I dont trust that all other players will commit to the 3day deadline when the technical game setting is set at 1 week. That seems to likely cause a lot of confusion and headaches.

Thanks for your quick response though. I really appreciate it.

PS. Would a moderator be willing to assist with this settings change if I already had the dates available for this type of request? In other words, if I told the moderator when I wanted these requests to be updated in advance, would that be more appealing?

Squigs44
Developer
Developer
Posts: 3374
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 pm
Location: In your head
Karma: 1468

Re: Game Settings

#5 Post by Squigs44 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:34 am

Your other option is to make it a 3 day deadline, but vote pause at the beginning for 4 days and then unpause. Again, everyone would have to vote pause and unpause, but that should be easier than hitting ready each phase.
1

Machiavelli1901
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 am
Karma: 1

Re: Game Settings

#6 Post by Machiavelli1901 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:38 am

Squigs44 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:34 am
Your other option is to make it a 3 day deadline, but vote pause at the beginning for 4 days and then unpause. Again, everyone would have to vote pause and unpause, but that should be easier than hitting ready each phase.
OH!! Thats actually a really good idea I hadnt thought of. I think since I'm playing with close friends I can get them on board with that!

Thank you so much!

jmo1121109
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm
Karma: 2653
Contact:

Re: Game Settings

#7 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri May 15, 2020 3:15 am

Well, the easiest option is if this is a game with all friends and they all agree to it, to make one of you the game director, and that person will be able to use mod tools on the game in question like changing phase lengths and pausing/etc. We will only do this if everyone agrees in the game.

Machiavelli1901
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 am
Karma: 1

Re: Game Settings

#8 Post by Machiavelli1901 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:32 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 3:15 am
Well, the easiest option is if this is a game with all friends and they all agree to it, to make one of you the game director, and that person will be able to use mod tools on the game in question like changing phase lengths and pausing/etc. We will only do this if everyone agrees in the game.
What would that process require?

jmo1121109
Developer
Developer
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:20 pm
Karma: 2653
Contact:

Re: Game Settings

#9 Post by jmo1121109 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:48 am

If the game is currently not a gunboat game then get everyone in it to post in the global that they are okay with FillInNameHere being made game director of the game. Once everyone's posted email us at webdipmod@gmail.com and we'll set them up.

Machiavelli1901
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu May 07, 2020 2:25 am
Karma: 1

Re: Game Settings

#10 Post by Machiavelli1901 » Fri May 15, 2020 4:51 am

jmo1121109 wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 4:48 am
If the game is currently not a gunboat game then get everyone in it to post in the global that they are okay with FillInNameHere being made game director of the game. Once everyone's posted email us at webdipmod@gmail.com and we'll set them up.
Thank you so much for your help on this! Really pleased with the communities/devs/moderators timely responses.

If I can get everyone on board, you will hear from us within 48hours.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest