Saga of the Nine (r2) Now Recruiting

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
nopunin10did

Saga of the Nine (r2) Now Recruiting

#1 Post by nopunin10did » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:47 pm

Last year, Aeschines and I debuted a new Diplomacy variant over on the PlayDip forums: Saga of the Nine. This year, Aeschines will be GMing round two:

Starting Map

Registration and Rules

Discord Server

Saga of the Nine is a nine-player variant with an original alt-history setting based loosely on Norse mythology. All gameplay and communication will take place via Discord, with the PlayDip forums used as a permanent host for archived maps and adjudications.

This will also act as the first "prelim" match of the 2021 Tournament Through Time, a Discord-based variant tournament to be held next year.

nopunin10did

Re: Saga of the Nine (r2) Now Recruiting

#2 Post by nopunin10did » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:48 pm

Even if you're not interested in playing, we'd be happy to welcome observers to the Discord server. You'll be the first to hear about opportunities for other games, including whenever registration formally opens for the 2021 tournament.

foodcoats

#3 Post by foodcoats » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:18 pm

This looks awesome. I only haven't signed up because I am over loaded with games already but will definitely keep tabs!

nopunin10did

#4 Post by nopunin10did » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:32 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:18 pm
This looks awesome. I only haven't signed up because I am over loaded with games already but will definitely keep tabs!
Good to hear! Did you end up joining the Discord Server?

Saga of the Nine is under way, but we have openings in another (similar) variant being played on the same server: Order of the Dragon. Even if you just want to spectate, we'd be glad to have you.

THC

#5 Post by THC » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:38 pm

Look at that. Cooperation between webDip and Playdip to advance Diplomacy play. None of this petty moaning about one or the other. Great.