Starting a Business

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
CommanderByron
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Starting a Business

#1 Post by CommanderByron » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:07 am

So, I was approached today by my father with the opportunity to be part of the purchase of an already operating and successful pizza place from it’s retiring owner.

Super exciting opportunity and I’m stoked. But I was curious what level of interest the community would have to follow the progress? Learn alongside me as we go through the legal stuff, and eventually take over as owners.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

Re: Starting a Business

#2 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue Dec 24, 2019 12:35 am

I think that is an excellent idea. I would be interested in reading about your journey with this opportunity. You will have to work hard, work smart, and probably work long hours. My first piece of advice I would offer is to get a most capable and ethical accountant who can provide sound advice and guidance as well as the required accountancy services, particularly in the early years. Be involved and learn from your accountant.

A reason why I think it would be good for you to share your journey into business is that the younger scallywags in the WebDiplomacy community might be encouraged, even inspired to try getting into, or starting their own small business.

I'm interested in how you go with staff, employees. They will be a huge factor in the performance of your business.

I would suggest that you talk with, and more importantly, listen to the existing business owner, as much as you can. Find out what things worked well for him/her and what did not.

RoganJosh
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

Re: Starting a Business

#3 Post by RoganJosh » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:43 am

Will you rename it Pamparius?

https://youtu.be/QheUzGqZDtg

Oh I just realized this could have gone in the best-opening-song-of-an-album-tread as well! Sooo good!