to jmo

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
King Louis LXIX

Re: to jmo

#21 Post by King Louis LXIX » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:30 pm

Jmo and and zultar, how much $ would we have to donate to webdiplomacy to get alex unbanned?

FlaviusAetius

#22 Post by FlaviusAetius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:35 pm

King Louis LXIX wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:30 pm
Jmo and and zultar, how much $ would we have to donate to webdiplomacy to get alex unbanned?
They dont take bribes.

Magnetic24

#23 Post by Magnetic24 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:37 pm

Bribery and forums will get you nowhere. The conclusion is to email [email protected] . Coming clean does not necessarily mean an unban, but you need to have a private, facilitated discussion with them there for forward progress to exist.

Durga

#24 Post by Durga » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:38 pm

I'll take a bribe. Just send me a dm and I'm sure we can work something out for you guys :)

jmo1121109
Lifetime Site Contributor

#25 Post by jmo1121109 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:43 pm

King Louis LXIX wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:30 pm
The only thing all of you can do to help him out is to stop posting and go read our site rules carefully and begin following all of them.

Restitution

#26 Post by Restitution » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 pm

This is hilarious

King Louis LXIX

#27 Post by King Louis LXIX » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:44 pm

tyranny 100

Jamiet99uk

#28 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:33 pm

Where oh where is SYNAPSE?

This is a just cause he would surely fight and die for!

THE REPUBLIC WILL RISE AGAIN

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#29 Post by Chaqa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:49 am

I might not always agree with the mods on some stuff but they've never been anything but great at moderating games and multi-account/cheating BS. This just screams children being sad they got caught.

Ethan7

#30 Post by Ethan7 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 am

I genuinely don't know what the issue is with what were doing. I feel that all those against our protest haven't had the whole story told to them. I personally have not broken any of the site rules and neither have any of our 3 friends who have been banned so far.

[email protected] was just a engaged member of this community that got banned for posting some dumb shiz in a private game of friends once, without warning, because a mod had some weird grudge on him for trying to bypass his unreasonable deductions of D bucks every time he said anything contrary by banking them in games(*cough* jmo *cough*).

Oreo and OrangeNoble were banned by mere misunderstandings. Oreo sent a PM pertaining to an anonymous private game (which is against the rules) but only because a friend in the game found out who everyone was, and talked about the game to them irl. If Oreo had not been communicating with the other members of the game he would be forfeiting his chance to win. I can see why he got banned, but the mods should now understand, after his explanation he sent to the mods via email, that it is a uncommon exception to their site rules, and that he wasn't doing it to meta-game.

OrangeNoble literally did nothing wrong, The mods for some reason thought AlexNoggle was posting in the forum by using his account, with no evidence whatsoever. Even if Alex did use his account, posting in a forum with multiple accounts isn't violating the multi accounting rule because he wouldn't be using it for tactical advantage in game.

These our our fallen warriors, and the reason we are annoyingly set on getting them unbanned. We may be the biggest group of morons on the site, but we're no cheaters. I understand that minds are not easily changed, but hopefully with this explanation, uninformed Mods and members will understand our reasoning.

We all, however, understand that our cries will not be heard, no one cares if other people get banned, whether injustice is in play or not. This is why the majority of our group will be quitting WebDiplomacy. Honestly, most people are probably ecstatic that the all the bones are leaving.

Thanks, it was fun while it lasted, remember that "a bone is a bone, don't play with snakes and they won't bite" -jkump1

Peace out,
Ethan7

Durga

#31 Post by Durga » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:12 am

Is this Oztra's churchie boys?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#32 Post by Chaqa » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:34 am

Ethan... PM... the mods...

jmo1121109

#33 Post by jmo1121109 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:37 am

Ethan, an unrelated question for you. Do you think quoting Hitler on your profile (or attempting too) is...wise?

jmo1121109

#34 Post by jmo1121109 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:41 am

Anyway, it's always refreshing to have someone explain the rules to me. I always have trouble remembering them after writing them.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#35 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:14 am

I really admire how patient the mods are.

FlaviusAetius

#36 Post by FlaviusAetius » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:03 am

Ethan7 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 am
I genuinely don't know what the issue is with what were doing. I feel that all those against our protest haven't had the whole story told to them. I personally have not broken any of the site rules and neither have any of our 3 friends who have been banned so far.

[email protected] was just a engaged member of this community that got banned for posting some dumb shiz in a private game of friends once, without warning, because a mod had some weird grudge on him for trying to bypass his unreasonable deductions of D bucks every time he said anything contrary by banking them in games(*cough* jmo *cough*).

Oreo and OrangeNoble were banned by mere misunderstandings. Oreo sent a PM pertaining to an anonymous private game (which is against the rules) but only because a friend in the game found out who everyone was, and talked about the game to them irl. If Oreo had not been communicating with the other members of the game he would be forfeiting his chance to win. I can see why he got banned, but the mods should now understand, after his explanation he sent to the mods via email, that it is a uncommon exception to their site rules, and that he wasn't doing it to meta-game.

OrangeNoble literally did nothing wrong, The mods for some reason thought AlexNoggle was posting in the forum by using his account, with no evidence whatsoever. Even if Alex did use his account, posting in a forum with multiple accounts isn't violating the multi accounting rule because he wouldn't be using it for tactical advantage in game.

These our our fallen warriors, and the reason we are annoyingly set on getting them unbanned. We may be the biggest group of morons on the site, but we're no cheaters. I understand that minds are not easily changed, but hopefully with this explanation, uninformed Mods and members will understand our reasoning.

We all, however, understand that our cries will not be heard, no one cares if other people get banned, whether injustice is in play or not. This is why the majority of our group will be quitting WebDiplomacy. Honestly, most people are probably ecstatic that the all the bones are leaving.

Thanks, it was fun while it lasted, remember that "a bone is a bone, don't play with snakes and they won't bite" -jkump1

Peace out,
Ethan7
Ethan, it seems to me all you are saying is just fine and would be valid, people make mistakes. But, to do it on the forum isn't the place.

flash2015
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#37 Post by flash2015 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Ethan7 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:08 am
<snip>
I can sympathize a bit because I made a mistake in the past too...where I thought I was being helpful then received a nasty-gram for breaking the rules and insinuating I was actively trying to break the rules. And I can agree that there may be a mod which may be a bit of a BOFH (and I mean that in the nicest possible way with sugar on top :razz:).

But you can't take this personally. I am sure this likely would have already been solved if everyone had apologized and grovelled a bit and said it won't happen again. Everyone is anonymous here. You may be all saints in real-life...but the mods won't know that and they don't have time to figure it out.

Remember this is a free site. All the mods (and developers) are providing their time free and we should be grateful. At best their only compensation is a large number of +1s which to my knowledge don't convert to hard currency very well. And whilst some mods may be a bit short in their responses...and perhaps a little grumpy :razz: , I believe they all truly have the best interests of the site at heart.

They will never have time to debate decisions in the forums. If they allow debate to infect the forums pretty much the whole forum will be filled with people trying to second guess them (e.g. you allowed X to get away with it, but you banned Y, unfair!! - the mods decision was wrong in my game, I believe it should have been solved by doing X!!!). That just doesn't scale. And because language that can be seen by some people as racist/sexist etc can cause a lot of harm very quickly, they have to take a hard line...irrespective of whether this was all in jest. They can't carve out exceptions just for your group.

Again, in short, stop trying to debate them in the forums. Contact them directly and apologize/grovel appropriately and likely everything will be fine. If not webdip is not a monopoly. There are plenty of other websites out there which support dip. But always be mindful though that on free websites no-one owes you anything.

yavuzovic

#38 Post by yavuzovic » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:48 pm

When your friend was banned, and even after you answered mods in an inappropriate way, you could unban him I think. Mods are good people who always ask before banning and I'm sure they'd accept an apology. The reason of banning must be keeping here enjoyable. You wasted your chance and made unnecessary anger. I don't understand how there's nobody who knows how to unban a member kindly but you people now had a lesson: The way to unban your friend is not disturbing people.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#39 Post by MajorMitchell » Tue May 14, 2019 3:10 am

Strewth & Drop Bears in cozzies, Skippy has dropped his frothy and been caught in the Bronte express.

Peregrine Falcon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

#40 Post by Peregrine Falcon » Tue May 14, 2019 5:21 am

flash2015 wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:52 pm
Flash, you're the best. 10/10 post.