Moderation is important

General discussions that don't fit in other forums can go here.
Forum rules
Feel free to discuss any topics here. Please use the Politics sub-forum for political conversations. While most topics will be allowed please be sure to be respectful and follow our normal site rules at http://www.webdiplomacy.net/rules.php.
NigeeBaby

Moderation is important

#1 Post by NigeeBaby » Fri May 27, 2022 9:37 am

Before I start playing again just wanted to check that all the old Trump supporting right-wing racist Moderators have gone, I didn't enjoy the harassment and bullying before so I left, is it safe to come back now?

Ginge86

Re: Moderation is important

#2 Post by Ginge86 » Fri May 27, 2022 9:53 am

This is not a site for politics, it is a site for diplomacy, I would suggest you stick to topics that are relevant to this site. Diplomacy is a game of many tactics, if you are too week minded to use the block button when someone sends something you do not like. This may well not be the game for you.

gimix
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3 Post by gimix » Fri May 27, 2022 12:21 pm

Totally agree with Ginge86. Anyhow as a mod here since a couple of years I can assure you that i) political correctness is a main concern to this site; ii) I personally think, like 99% of my fellow European citizens do, that American Democrats are moderately right-wing - we would call them centre-right here.
So, are you sure you're talking about this site?

Please have a look to our Help | Site Rules page, under "Keep press appropriate":
Diplomacy is a game of many strategies and your discussions with other players can sometimes be hostile, impolite, and even uncivilized. These press strategies are all permissible on webDiplomacy and in Diplomacy in general. However, your press with other players should never include the following:

-Messages of sexual nature
-Overt racism or sexism of any kind
-Doxxing (revealing any real life information) of another player

This rule also applies to game titles.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4 Post by Chaqa » Fri May 27, 2022 12:37 pm

NigeeBaby wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 9:37 am
Before I start playing again just wanted to check that all the old Trump supporting right-wing racist Moderators have gone, I didn't enjoy the harassment and bullying before so I left, is it safe to come back now?
They're all still here, stay away /s

DarthPorg36

#5 Post by DarthPorg36 » Fri May 27, 2022 1:01 pm

I think that being politically neutral is important to this site, but if people are breaking these codes of conduct there should be some punishment. Racist behavior should not be permitted on the site.

To gimix, I wish America actually had an actual left-wing, If they did I'd be happy, but it's European center-right or Anti-democracy, extremely fringe, crazy, overly lobbied, Big Oil, Big Beef, and Big Gun people, who still won't change our gun laws after the worst school shooting in around ten years, where an 18-year-old can buy a gun and then shoot up 3rd and 4th graders and still they want to loosen gun laws. I won't even begin to talk about how our right-wing is sacrificing literally the entire planet just so they can hold power, and ruining my life ahead, when we have until 2030 to make major carbon reductions or we lose every coral reef and most of the entire arctic, making irreversible changes to our planet. I won't go further, even though I'm furious, because that's a discussion for the politics page on this site.

A_Tin_Can
Lifetime Site Contributor

#6 Post by A_Tin_Can » Fri May 27, 2022 2:13 pm

When I was a mod, no decisions were made based on user's politics. Decisions were made based on the site rules and the user's behaviour towards other members.

Although it has been a few years, I doubt that the mod culture has changed.

A_Tin_Can
Lifetime Site Contributor

#7 Post by A_Tin_Can » Fri May 27, 2022 2:17 pm

I will say, though, that being a mod does let you see some of the hilarious excuses people use when caught red handed while cheating

(none of those were political, but some of them still make me giggle)

Octavious

#8 Post by Octavious » Fri May 27, 2022 9:50 pm

Who's NigeeBaby? Is he knew?

Don't worry, old chap. The webDip Mod weapons cupboard containing banhammers and perma-silences has been gathering dust of late, but I'm assured it still exists. For the right person I'm sure the mods will make an effort and oil up the big guns.

How's tricks?
I eat cookies to improve my snacking experience

goldfinger0303
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#9 Post by goldfinger0303 » Sun May 29, 2022 9:01 am

Oooof, Nigee you're showing your age here. Nobody remembers you or your unique sense of humor, it seems.

MajorMitchell
Location: Now Performing Comedic Artist Dusty Balzac Bush Philosopher from Flyblown Gully by the Sea

#10 Post by MajorMitchell » Sun May 29, 2022 6:09 pm

It might be considered an affectionate indulgence to welcome your return Naughty Nigee and delusional fantasies about Almighty Mods of former times in a style similar to that adopted by Octavious pur Oracle, Goldfinger (ps Naughty Nigee you missed seeing Omnipotent Zultar slip Goldfinger into a Big Game as a replacement player & Goldfinger was superb in action) & others who have memories of your former shenanigans in the Forum before it aquired More Decorum, the pleasures of those experiences is genuinely indescribable unlike the horrors which could be described until the end of time it has been observed.

The politically correct way to get banned now is by being unreliable with orders, I would not want you to be unaware of that opportunity.