"the server is not processing games until the cause is found"

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Baroque Age Philomath

"the server is not processing games until the cause is found"

#1 Post by Baroque Age Philomath » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:14 am

Hello yes, what this means?

"The last process time was over 12 minutes ago (at Monday, 07-Aug-23 15:05:55 UTC UTC+0); the server is not processing games until the cause is found and games are given extra time."

Jamiet99uk

Re: "the server is not processing games until the cause is found"

#3 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:20 am

It means the server ran out of fuel and Kestas had to go down there and throw another sack of peat into the furnace.
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

#4 Post by kestasjk » Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:14 am

It happens whenever the server hasn't processed any moves for a few minutes, for reasons I can never quite pin down but which must involve the server getting overloaded for some reason.
Whenever I check the error logs during the period the downtime occurred it always draws a blank, and it doesn't happen quite frequently enough to put more effort into resolving urgently.

It doesn't start back up automatically because if it happens due to the server being inaccessible it could process games that people haven't had a chance to enter orders into. I could make it smarter about starting back up automatically when it knows the server is online and people have been submitting orders for much longer than the downtime period, but it'd be better to resolve the cause when I get around to this.

It would be interesting to know if anyone is around at the time whether they noticed the server being slower than normal, or inaccessible. The heath reporter only alerted me after the downtime started which indicates the server was probably accessible at the time.

sweetandcool

#5 Post by sweetandcool » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:41 pm

kestasjk wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:14 am
It happens whenever the server hasn't processed any moves for a few minutes, for reasons I can never quite pin down but which must involve the server getting overloaded for some reason.
Whenever I check the error logs during the period the downtime occurred it always draws a blank, and it doesn't happen quite frequently enough to put more effort into resolving urgently.

It doesn't start back up automatically because if it happens due to the server being inaccessible it could process games that people haven't had a chance to enter orders into. I could make it smarter about starting back up automatically when it knows the server is online and people have been submitting orders for much longer than the downtime period, but it'd be better to resolve the cause when I get around to this.

It would be interesting to know if anyone is around at the time whether they noticed the server being slower than normal, or inaccessible. The heath reporter only alerted me after the downtime started which indicates the server was probably accessible at the time.
I've been around a couple of times when it happened previously. The website seems normal, until right before the message shows up the website struggles to save moves and it errors with your arrows flashing (in the new UI) when you try to submit moves, similar to the white screen bug (did that get fixed?). The website also struggles to load pages when you refresh.

This doesn't last long, then the message appears and the website goes back to normal, other than moves not processing.