Cancelling convoy

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Bakaron

Cancelling convoy

#1 Post by Bakaron » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:07 am

If unit A is attacked by unit B, shouldn't any support hold/move/convoy orders given to unit A be cancelled?

I am in a game where a fleet was attacked and the convoy still went ahead as it they weren't targeted by an enemy unit.

Have I understood this wrong or is convoying broken?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Cancelling convoy

#2 Post by dargorygel » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:38 am

Bakaron wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:07 am
If unit A is attacked by unit B, shouldn't any support hold/move/convoy orders given to unit A be cancelled?

I am in a game where a fleet was attacked and the convoy still went ahead as it they weren't targeted by an enemy unit.

Have I understood this wrong or is convoying broken?
A convoy is not disrupted/cancelled by an attack. A convoying is only disrupted/cancelled if a convoying unit (Unit A in your example) is forced to retreat.

Tjappator

#3 Post by Tjappator » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:45 am

You have understood this wrong.
Your question is a bit unclear. Unit A being attacked has no impact on move/convoy orders given to unit A. But since you are asking about convoys specifically, I will answer that question. My advice is to either do bot games, or watch some youtube videos on the rules.

In short: a convoy order is always succesfull as long as Fleet A is not forced to retreat.

Yonni
Silver Donator
Silver Donator

#4 Post by Yonni » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:47 pm

I have always found the DATC tests to be a good reference when you're unsure of the results of a move:

https://webdiplomacy.net/datc.php