Private games

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
baudelaire

Private games

#1 Post by baudelaire » Thu Jun 04, 2020 9:11 pm

Hello,

It would be nice to have more control over private, password-protected games. I'd like to be able to

1) play with a half-dozen friends on a larger map (say, the 10-player map), and decide which states begin in "civil discord"

2) ability to choose starting country for friends

3) have some power of the "move clock" in case of unexpected situations, and so give more time on demand as necessary

(If there is some way to accomplish these within the existing system, please let me know. I'm a newbie.)

Squigs44
Developer
Developer

Re: Private games

#2 Post by Squigs44 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:45 pm

While there are work around for the things you are asking, most of the things you are asking for are more common over on vdiplomacy. I would suggest going there. If you are adamant about staying on webdip, email the mods and they will let you know how they can best accommodate you.

I would also advise you to reconsider your first request there. It is typically much more balanced and therefore fun to play on a smaller map than to play on a larger map with countries purposefully in civil disorder.