Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

Members can make suggestions for improving the site and improving the forum as well as submit bug reports to be reviewed by our support team here.
Post Reply
Message
Author
samanthaashort33
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:55 am

Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#1 Post by samanthaashort33 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:56 am

Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

A_Tin_Can
Lifetime Site Contributor
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:18 pm
Karma: 379

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#2 Post by A_Tin_Can » Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:18 pm

It's part of webdip's protection against multi-accounting. Sometimes it goes a bit overboard.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3131
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2281
Contact:

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#3 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:14 pm

Is there a hidden advertisement here that I can't figure out or is this a real question
3

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#4 Post by BobMcBob » Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:21 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:14 pm
Is there a hidden advertisement here that I can't figure out or is this a real question
Could be an attempt to get around the fact that some forums require users to have a post approved before they can start actually posting? That would be some strange 4D chess bot strategy though.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3131
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2281
Contact:

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#5 Post by bo_sox48 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:52 pm

We don't have any of that so idk

A_Tin_Can
Lifetime Site Contributor
Posts: 227
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:18 pm
Karma: 379

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#6 Post by A_Tin_Can » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:07 am

My guess is that it's an automated phpBB exploit for something that we (probably) weren't vulnerable to.

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 18453
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 10244
Contact:

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#7 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:18 am

BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:21 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:14 pm
Is there a hidden advertisement here that I can't figure out or is this a real question
Could be an attempt to get around the fact that some forums require users to have a post approved before they can start actually posting? That would be some strange 4D chess bot strategy though.
Maybe that's something the site could consider implementing?

It might save you from having to deal with people selling oil paintings and genuine fake banknotes.

kestasjk
Co-Owner
Co-Owner
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:13 pm
Location: Perth, Australia
Karma: 314
Contact:

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#8 Post by kestasjk » Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:30 pm

samanthaashort33 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:56 am
Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?
Usually because you’re connected to a WiFi that doesn’t have internet access, like your local access point can’t connect

BobMcBob
Posts: 2433
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:28 am
Location: Also Not Austalia
Karma: 1097

Re: Why does my iPhone say no internet connection when I have WiFi?

#9 Post by BobMcBob » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:20 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:18 am
BobMcBob wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:21 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:14 pm
Is there a hidden advertisement here that I can't figure out or is this a real question
Could be an attempt to get around the fact that some forums require users to have a post approved before they can start actually posting? That would be some strange 4D chess bot strategy though.
Maybe that's something the site could consider implementing?

It might save you from having to deal with people selling oil paintings and genuine fake banknotes.
It does require some extra work from the mods unfortunately, and can be a little confusing for new users. But it definitely has its benefits.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: gimix and 2 guests