Clans and groups

Developers and contributors can find a link to our github page and engage in development project planning here.
Tuve

Clans and groups

#1 Post by Tuve » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:26 am

That was a great initiative to create a Relationship-module.

I wonder if there a possibility to create a Clans-module?
The purpose is: a possibility to create a groups where the creator is an admin. On the clan page we have a small primitive chat to do the broadcast messages -> so the main forum will not be overloaded with the trash.

Why I want it? Cause I want to migrate our community to the main .Net gameserver. We are mostly russian-speaking - so in this case we will got a small internal chat - and we will not bother anyone with our messages in cyrylic on the main forum.

I think it will be useful for deferent ethnic groups no doubt.
Also in future we can adapt this concept for a large meta-gaming processes as next DNWC-tournament. (Diplomacy National World Cup) or clan-vs-clan games.

Flame

Re: Clans and groups

#2 Post by Flame » Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:30 am

Tuve wrote:
Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:26 am
That was a great initiative to create a Relationship-module.

I wonder if there a possibility to create a Clans-module?
The purpose is: a possibility to create a groups where the creator is an admin. On the clan page we have a small primitive chat to do the broadcast messages -> so the main forum will not be overloaded with the trash.

Why I want it? Cause I want to migrate our community to the main .Net gameserver. We are mostly russian-speaking - so in this case we will got a small internal chat - and we will not bother anyone with our messages in cyrylic on the main forum.

I think it will be useful for deferent ethnic groups no doubt.
Also in future we can adapt this concept for a large meta-gaming processes as next DNWC-tournament. (Diplomacy National World Cup) or clan-vs-clan games.
It was my son who brought up this petition. I sign the every word in it. :wink:
WebDiplomacy enthusiast. Adaptor of webdiplomacy variants: Classic Cataclysm, Classic 1898, Classic 1898 Fog of War, Punic Wars, Western World 901, 13th Century Mongolian Empire, Speed Europa, Minor Power.

kestasjk
Developer
Developer

Re: Clans and groups

#3 Post by kestasjk » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:57 am

Interesting idea, definitely would fit in neatly. Only problem is the chat at the bottom of a group page is just one thread, but that probably wouldn't be good enough for a sub-community, we'd need to add in multiple threads. I don't think that'd be much trouble though