Homepage improvement...

Developers and contributors can find a link to our github page and engage in development project planning here.
Flame

Re: Homepage improvement...

#21 Post by Flame » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:51 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:08 pm
Flame, could you use a different image host? Maybe imgur?
Ok, I will use it in my future posts...

A_Tin_Can
Lifetime Site Contributor

#22 Post by A_Tin_Can » Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:18 am

I drafted something similar when we added spectated games a few years ago. I can't remember why we didn't go with it - I think it might have been because it looked cluttered when there were many many games on a user's profile.

I think having the small map preview is an improvement, though. You can reduce the clutter a bit by removing the country size progress bars on each game, and further by removing the movement arrows (that would create a new image type, which could also be sized appropriately).

Flame

#23 Post by Flame » Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:56 pm

A_Tin_Can wrote:
Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:18 am
I drafted something similar when we added spectated games a few years ago. I can't remember why we didn't go with it - I think it might have been because it looked cluttered when there were many many games on a user's profile.

I think having the small map preview is an improvement, though. You can reduce the clutter a bit by removing the country size progress bars on each game, and further by removing the movement arrows (that would create a new image type, which could also be sized appropriately).
Nothing has to be reduced. Everything looks great.
The one thing I haven't resolved yet: in the right column we have all covered with Fog Of War (in this type of games) in active user games.

https://fex.net/ru/s/nnyay3r
https://imgur.com/a/k6YgUeD