Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
damo666

Re: Mafia 86: Accidents Happen... - Game Thread

#1841 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:10 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:06 pm
The RB the kill vs. RB separate person is more of a philosophical question in mafia. I know there's been arguments about this before.

I often prefer to spread them out because it gives you two potential PR disruptions, but some people like to play it safe and roleblock the kill so they might hit a self-saving doctor while allowing scum to claim roleblock.

I feel like in our meta, you're about as likely to be suspected for being roleblocked.
Doc cannot self save though so why would you RB the NK? Use it elsewhere and hope it does its job or simply withhold to quasi clear claim.

brainbomb

#1842 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:11 pm

when I kept saying guilty, I had been watching alot of 90s sitcoms about courtrooms. I just wanted to use the word guilty alot because matlock is really special to me. it was never a cop soft. I just really wish matlock would be a mainstay in the american household.

matlock really matters to me alot. Im sorry if my repeatedly loving matlock confused you into thinking I was cop

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1843 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:09 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:08 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:05 pm

So chaqa, he says this with two players making a guilty on him. you do not think there is even a 1% chance this is a mafia, going down, faking doc to out the doc on his way down the pipe?

that idea is just something impossible? you dont even wanna contemplate that scum would do this? that if he thinks someone has a guilty on him...

well you go ahead.
you suppose hes not mafia, really thinks one of me or ghug is anti town. and this is not an anti town thing to say, hes actually just casually talking about a sitcom which happens to have a doctor in it.

youre saying this is completely and categorically inadvertant. here? and you stand by that belief?
I have not seen a claim of a guilty scan on Food. I have seen lots of yelling "GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY" and then a conflicting claim.

I have played enough mafia with both you and ghug that I flat out don't believe these types of claims. You will claim it's a reaction test on Food and then say it's as good as a guilty.

If one of you explicitly says you have a guilty on Food, I will vote for him.

If you do not, I will not.
I dont have a guilty on foodcoats.
it is absolutely ridiculous that this is all you care about.
It's not all I care about, but I think it's unfair to treat food as guilty when you set this all up with fake information, and his reaction could be for any number of reasons, only one of which is that he's scum.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1844 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:12 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:45 am
So neither foodcoats nor hamiltonbrian actually answered my questions?
I'll get to them in a moment; just catching up.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1845 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:12 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:11 pm
when I kept saying guilty, I had been watching alot of 90s sitcoms about courtrooms. I just wanted to use the word guilty alot because matlock is really special to me. it was never a cop soft. I just really wish matlock would be a mainstay in the american household.

matlock really matters to me alot. Im sorry if my repeatedly loving matlock confused you into thinking I was cop
So you think you referencing Matlock is any different than him referencing Frasier?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1846 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:13 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:10 pm
Chaqa wrote:
The RB the kill vs. RB separate person is more of a philosophical question in mafia. I know there's been arguments about this before.

I often prefer to spread them out because it gives you two potential PR disruptions, but some people like to play it safe and roleblock the kill so they might hit a self-saving doctor while allowing scum to claim roleblock.

I feel like in our meta, you're about as likely to be suspected for being roleblocked.
Doc cannot self save though so why would you RB the NK? Use it elsewhere and hope it does its job or simply withhold to quasi clear claim.
Doctor: You're the Town Doctor! For such a small town, you'd think they would employ more doctors... but nope, you're it! Each night, you can ##save a person from death if they are the target of the Mafia NK by submitting a ##scan order to the GMs via PM on Webdiplo or Discord. Good luck guessing those targets! You win when the scum team is eliminated.
I see no reason to think the doctor cannot self-save.

brainbomb

#1847 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:14 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:12 pm
brainbomb wrote:

So you think you referencing Matlock is any different than him referencing Frasier?
matlock is infinitely better tv than frasier. so yes. and im very serious, I think that its totally normal to reference obscure outdated television shows that very closely look like PR claims. So I see no reason why this is weird at all

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1848 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:04 pm
I'm assuming night ends at 6 pm EST, correct me if I'm wrong please. I'm at work and I've been thinking about the game.

@darg (heart replacement)
@hamilton brian

#1 What do you know about the bussers on the sweet wagon?
#2 Is it possible sweet spewed anything of interest on your respective slots?
#3 Is there anything else you need to tell me about your D1 play?
1) I don't know anything about the bussers on sweet wagon. I don't even know that there are any. I think we can assume there are some; those 7 out of 11 voters suggest to me the odds are pretty good. The last five names are an interesting mix.

2) It's possible but nothing I've picked up on. We seem to have a mutual antipathy toward one another through past games where I deem them scum and vice versa. To my knowledge it's only worked out one time in my favour. I feel like I was willing to give them a little more leash this game.

3) I don't know; what specifically?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1849 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

Hey foid... i just thought of something. When did you claim RB? And more to the point, why did you not claim immediately?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1850 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:14 pm
Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

matlock is infinitely better tv than frasier. so yes. and im very serious, I think that its totally normal to reference obscure outdated television shows that very closely look like PR claims. So I see no reason why this is weird at all
My point is that by the same logic you're using to say Food is scum (he made a PR hint using a TV show), that you are also scum (you made a PR hint using a TV show, apparently).

My point here isn't to say that Food can't scum, but it's to say that you're treating him as if he's caught based on a hypothesis and scenario you yourself created. I don't think the evidence is compelling.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1851 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:18 pm

Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:14 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:47 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:45 am

Is it only your questions left I didn't respond to? I've been trying to follow up.
Maybe there are others? I'd like to see a response to Jamie's case on you too.
Jamie's post on me was bad in a special kind of way that can only come from town.
That's kind of a hindsight thing, isn't it?

damo666

#1852 Post by damo666 » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:20 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:13 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:10 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Doctor: You're the Town Doctor! For such a small town, you'd think they would employ more doctors... but nope, you're it! Each night, you can ##save a person from death if they are the target of the Mafia NK by submitting a ##scan order to the GMs via PM on Webdiplo or Discord. Good luck guessing those targets! You win when the scum team is eliminated.
I see no reason to think the doctor cannot self-save.
I was assuming.

##GM can doc self save?

brainbomb

#1853 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:21 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:17 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

My point is that by the same logic you're using to say Food is scum (he made a PR hint using a TV show), that you are also scum (you made a PR hint using a TV show, apparently).

My point here isn't to say that Food can't scum, but it's to say that you're treating him as if he's caught based on a hypothesis and scenario you yourself created. I don't think the evidence is compelling.
apparently the sarcasm was lost on you. of course I was not actually watching matlock. I was making a point that you were accepting everything being said as totally true.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1854 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:22 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:24 am
Frogsterking wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:38 am
Vecna wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:29 pm

im not considering Ghug and Chaqas vote a serious vote on Sleep, so ill even include those.

Also, my opinions of people are currently changing rather rapidly.

Least likely scum:
Brainbomb

foodcoats (not based on personal reads - I still hold on to my earlier gut theyre town)
jamiet

Darg
Ghug/Chaqa

HB
most likely scum ^

Im still waffling on where id put you (bozo) in that list.
Okay, can we talk about your Hamilton Brian read?
guilty by association
Was giving a weakass-read on sleep, while simultaneously shading some of the people pushing him.

I quoted a bunch of his posts with commentary during the nightphase
I think this is a convenient narrative for you to exploit ALONG with your defensive after-D1 vote posts. I'll have to go back to those posts you'ver quoted but I think you'll have been misreading me, or intentionally skewing.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1855 Post by dargorygel » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:24 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Hey foodcoats... i just thought of something. When did you claim RB? And more to the point, why did you not claim immediately?
correction for typo

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1856 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:24 pm

Vecna wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:34 am
As for the HB stuff; none of the things he has done is completely lock-scum.

But it is scummy, and he has done little to no redeeming posting. Not a single post id mark as even slightly towny.

Busy, or just uninterested scum? I dno
Busy, and this is going to be my playstyle from now until the end of June. I think we, as a community, have often incorrectly declared low participation as a scum tactic. I also know we've given others a lot more latitude with their participation rates.

If I am the flip then I hope it helps resolve some things. Namely, town vote on the Bunny wagon. What would that cause you to think then?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1857 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:21 pm
Chaqa wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

apparently the sarcasm was lost on you. of course I was not actually watching matlock. I was making a point that you were accepting everything being said as totally true.
I don't believe that's what I'm doing.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1858 Post by Hamilton Brian » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:27 pm

foodcoats wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:33 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:31 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:24 am

I found it very likely this was investigator baiting.
More like cop-hiding, dicking around to confuse scum.

Brain, ghug and food all come out looking town.

It is reasonable to assume cop got an innocent and therefore remains hidden.

The scum pool is so narrow I am willing to hammer.

##end
There is really no reason to end.
On that I agree with you. There's usually a motivation to end when there's a clear obvious result we'll get. To end with damo's vote on me doesn't look good on them. To then rationalize it with...scummy enough to be the flip...when there's not enough information out there? Bad look damo.

foodcoats

#1859 Post by foodcoats » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:28 pm

brainbomb wrote:

This is so disingenuous. I made a joke and when you pointed it out I very quickly clarified my position. You and ghug made hard claims and sat on them for hours before retracting them. You were very actively anti-town whereas I made a joke that was misunderstood and that I immediately, unambiguously clarified when it was brought up.

brainbomb

#1860 Post by brainbomb » Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:29 pm

game needs to breathe, and brain needs to shut up for people to have room to express their own ideas and thoughts. however, I am quite certain food is scum, ive always been certain of this to be the case. I am failing at nailing this down somehow, and there is just some immense wall of pushback. Even when the guy tried to save sweet, and was in sync with the scum godfather all day long.

Ive expressed the why, ive pointed to every data point I can find and it just isnt being accepted as reality.

So, maybe I just need to walk away and do nothing for a while, let you guys miskill some people and get some stuff wrong for a few days, and when youre ready to live in this simple reality, with a very very simple answer, go ahead and call me up, ill be onboard for the death scene.