MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
SpiritoftheRadio

Re: MAfIA 84 - A VERY TENDER THANKSGIVING GAME THREAD

#101 Post by SpiritoftheRadio » Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:11 am

ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:08 am
SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:04 am
felt like it?
You're no fun.
dang, got told

I suppose i did it out of the notion of trying to help people get up to speed and have fun playing the game. But also low key just wanna see how people react to having their past actions interpreted. Plus I had some good jokes in there. Plus there is enough in there for people to jump and call me scum and I like to see who and how that happens because on day 1 it gives decent info.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#102 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:41 am

Good morning; and I guess I missed a lot, or maybe not?

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#103 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:43 am

sweetandcool wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:18 am
Hey all, I'm guessing that Mafia is the potential love interests? It will be interesting to see the flavour posts.

Just a warning but I'm probably not going to be very active the first day. Lots of personal stuff just sprung up and on top of that I just spent all day making a parking cake for my kid's Great Grandma's 99th birthday.
What's a parking cake? Wouldn't that also be your Grandma's 99th b-day?

heartthrob24909

#104 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:48 am

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:25 pm
BunnyGo
heartthrob24909
Temasek22
Chaqa

i have not played with any of you before, so I look forward to playing with you :evil:
I'm here for my annual game so looking forward to a good one. Just like I'm back in town for Thanksgiving...

Jamiet99uk

#105 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 20, 2023 11:53 am

Guten Morgen, liebe Mitbürger!
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

Jamiet99uk

#106 Post by Jamiet99uk » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:02 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:38 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:32 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:16 am
So, was there a discussion in the sign up thread on what qualifies as a “meaningful” post or not? Or are we going to be subject to BB’s judgement and execution of us?
GM NOTE
It is rather subjective but for now just try to make posts with more than a word. And be effortful in posting to the limit at the very least. I will be pretty open minded to a point.
I feel like I have more than met the requirement at this point.
Why are you concerned about this, Worcej?

Are you trying to prepare the ground for some hard lurking later on?
Buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz.

heartthrob24909

#107 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:03 pm

SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:04 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:59 am
Never have I ever seen a posts so long yet so lacking in anything pf value.

And i wont be dumb this time i promise (no promises) ;)
There is a lot of value there for the newbs, and I think there is a lot of value there for self-reflections on individuals of how they come off to others. It is day 1, I dont have reads yet, so ima post what i can, get convos goin, see who jumps on something from my abundant content. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
For better or for worse this will be my sparknotes for most of the players until i can get a feel of my own. Autobiography forthcoming, to return the favor

heartthrob24909

#108 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:09 pm

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:03 pm
SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:04 am
JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:59 am
Never have I ever seen a posts so long yet so lacking in anything pf value.

And i wont be dumb this time i promise (no promises) ;)
There is a lot of value there for the newbs, and I think there is a lot of value there for self-reflections on individuals of how they come off to others. It is day 1, I dont have reads yet, so ima post what i can, get convos goin, see who jumps on something from my abundant content. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.
For better or for worse this will be my sparknotes for most of the players until i can get a feel of my own. Autobiography forthcoming, to return the favor
For those who don't know or remember me - played 1 game of webdip mafia, around a year ago. Was 2nd game of mafia ever so between not really knowing what I was doing, and playing with complete strangers, decided to lean hard into the "idk what i'm doing" vibe when i rolled mafia. Did not hide behind that strategy to really think critically at the time, either... just had a hard time getting into it. Plus a lot of people's named started with B, C, or G so I was mixing people up.

heartthrob24909

#109 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:45 am
worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:08 am
SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:51 pm

lol, Will's actual role is isn't important. We know with certainty he will say something scummy and the only real decision we have to make is when we townkill him and not if.

My real goal for the game is to teach the lobby how awesome using math in mafia is
Okay, so we know Spirit is clearly the nerdy girl trying to win the man over by showing how awesome her personality is and ND is clearly the hot chick.
I haven't read the flavor but I don't think I like it.
Love the flavor, this exact scenario happens to me every time I go to the bagel shop in my hometown

Temasek22

#110 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:13 pm

worcej wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:15 am
Mostly I am spewing after watching one of the worst Seahawks games in my lifetime.

Fucking refs and stupid playcalling as usual caused a dumb loss for the Hawks…
As a football(soccer) fan, I've always wondered which sports actually have refs who are good enough to not get trashtalked by fans after most games lol

heartthrob24909

#111 Post by heartthrob24909 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:14 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:13 pm
worcej wrote:
Mostly I am spewing after watching one of the worst Seahawks games in my lifetime.

As a football(soccer) fan, I've always wondered which sports actually have refs who are good enough to not get trashtalked by fans after most games lol
Swimming... usually

Temasek22

#112 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:16 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:25 pm
BunnyGo
heartthrob24909
Temasek22
Chaqa

i have not played with any of you before, so I look forward to playing with you :evil:
I haven't played in roughly 2 years so it's normal that some people don't recognise me. From that list I recognise Bunny as someone who started around the same time as me and was also a relative rookie when I was too

Temasek22

#113 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:17 pm

heartthrob24909 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:14 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:13 pm
worcej wrote:

Swimming... usually
Touche. (Not much room for the refs to mess up though tbf)

Temasek22

#114 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:19 pm

SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:19 pm
Temasek22 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:16 pm
Feels great to be back after a long time
Welcome back! I came back from a long absence last game, how long has it been for you? Which of these jabronis do you remember? And what misfortune in life led you to find your way back here?
Half of the usernames seem familiar, the other half do not. I was inactive when IRL things got busy but one day I suddenly remembered this site and here I am again lol

Temasek22

#115 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:24 pm

SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:36 am
ND wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:46 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 1:52 am
Hi Just. Hi Spirit. Nice to meet you.

Could you give me your profiles of the other players based on what you know of them? I haven't played in a while and would appreciate a refresher combined with getting to know you.
This is sus. No one would ever in a million years say it is nice to meet Spirit. Last time I felt like I was trapped in hell having to deal with his idiocy.
How dare you? I am really supposed to wake up from a pot roast induced nap to this cruelty? Its the fucking holidays you fuck. LOVE YOUR FELLOW FUCKING MAN!

Anyway, in the name of being too nice to new players and leaning into my stupid scum adjacent town meta. Let's meet the jabronis, keep in mind I played one game with most of them recently, and I was mafia, and some others years ago which I only partly remember, but here are my profiles:

1. JustAGuyNamedWill - Bit of a sweetheart, bit of a problem. Last game he was the literal epitome of newb town and said a lot of really suspect shit, which made ND scum read him super hard and tunnel him for most of the game. I advocated for keeping him alive in the mafia chat because ND wanting to sniff his feet took up all the air in the thread and made it easier for us mafia to hide. He stayed alive until the end and got miskilled which won us the game, so it was a good move. He was super easy to buddy as mafia, and I do genuinely like the little guy, but also I am 50/50 if we should kill him early since he is highly likely to be a miskill in the late game, and now that I am town, I'd rather not have that.

2. ghug - He is experienced. Brain has told me he has done some for real mafia tourneys or some crap. I like him, but I did murder him immediately last game since I was a mafia with a gun and decided he was a good kill day 1 and I think he was. He is a force, and if he survives for a long time without dying and without a good reason for him being town, I read him as scum. In other social deduction games, I have referred to this effect as the high price of being hot shit.

3. sweetandcool - Was mafia with me last game. Likes to talk and I wish I'd have seen more of him, but he got pushy on day 1 getting a wagon on hamilton brian and brian had a gun and shot em. Bad luck. Maybe a little overzealous but seems like a good kid.

4. Damo666 - This guy was one of my main tunnels all last game. He makes it kind of easy since he kind of just jumps around and tries to start shit with people. I'm not sure how much his behavior helps town and I used that as a good enough reason to tunnel him as mafia last game. As town now looking back, I think I have a similar opinion, but let's see if he can be more useful this game. He did end up getting a doc save and got cleared, at which point we had to kill him because he also caught the remaining scum team in his reads. So there is probably a method to his madness.

5.Jamiet99uk -Our lovely GM from last game. I haven't played with him in a game in years, but I remember him being super out there but a generally enjoyable character. probably is sophisticated enough to pull off a big brain mafia play but also might fire from the hip often enough where it will blow up in his face. Idk, i do just like the boy because he is fun to have around. He will probably do some wacky shit regardless of alignment, but maybe he has matured idk.

6. Hamilton Brian - This guy is a bit all over the place. I feel like he just says stuff a lot to get a rise out of people and tries to get some reads from doing it, but more often that doesnt really seem to work. He was a pretty open-town clear all last game and struggled to hunt late in the game. Not sure if it was that he lost interest or just had a difficult time with the pool of unclears, but he did make some pivotal moves for town last game, just wasnt enough to synch it up at the end.

7. ND - If you can't tell from our posts, we're deeply in love. He is kind of unhinged and I genuinely find it adorable. Easily pissed off in a way that I genuinely think is just his character, others are confident he just IS like that. idk. I really enjoy him whether I'm bickering with him or flirting with him, or just watching in awe as he almost became mafia MVP as a town last game after stealing a gun from a towny and then using it to kill that same towny. Living him alive as scum was a solid move. But to his credit, EVERYONE WAS JUST FUCKING COOL WITH IT AFTER HE SHOT THAT GUY!!!!!!!! Idk, he is a legend, a really really strange legend. Literally shot a guy on 5th Avenue and didn't lose any supporters. There is a charisma to his unhinged diatribes and genuine disgust with himself when he fucks up. He literally just quoted Rush Limbaugh, and I still just wanna pinch his little cheeks every time he posts.

8. worcej - This guy is fun, he didn't show up to post much in the last game, but still found the entire scum team in his reads. I pulled a really dirty move to get him killed last game after he soft town cleared himself with his role. I found it a good enough move to basically sacrifice myself as mafia to kill him once he was cleared and had perfect reads. He shouted me down as scum hard core for killing him, and he was right, and it got me killed the next day. I think it was absolutely the right move since we did end up winning, and even having one extra clear probably would have made that impossible, let alone one with a read on the remaining scum team. He maintains he isn't that good usually, so we will see, but he has a way about him. Hope he still doesn't hate me for what I did, but evil is as evil does :P

(6)9. Chaqa - I remember his guy from years ago. Barely posts? Hard to read? Thats usually what I remember.

10. Macca573 - Haven't seen a lot of big plays out of her. She used her scan power last game to confirm a person was scum that everyone basically already knew was scum and sheeped a kind of clear HB's vote most of the remaining time she was alive. Had problems being around at the end of day and I used that as a means to kill worcej last game despite him being soft cleared. Seems nice in general, but I'd like to see more hunting out of her.

11. SpiritoftheRadio - Sexy, smells like donuts in real life. Willing to do what is necessary to win but likes to bullshit a whole whole lot. When I am scum, I just forget that I am and play as I normally would in most circumstances. Works great in most games, harder in this game since it goes on so long. I got called scummy for using math last game, but I am a trained physicist and I just think like that, so haters can hate if they want.

12. Rdrivera2005 - Pretty decent hunter, and the only one who made it late into the game. His trust in my mafia teammate was one of the main reasons we won last game though so he doesn't always get it right. He also was one of the only people in town not trying to kill me after I killed worcej, so maybe he isn't a super hunter now that I think about it. But he does provide decent analysis from what I remember. Never completely figured out how I would read him and I imagine he'd be harder to catch as scum than manipulate as town. I have a surprisingly vague read on his character despite him being alive longer than most last game and I remember playing with him years ago. But I can't really tell you his meta. Don't know why.

13. BunnyGo - new player to me and the reason this big post is happening, hi hi and good luck.

These next two are also new players to me:
14. heartthrob24909
15. Temasek22

16. bozo - Bozo's cool. I remember playing with him when he was a noob before but he seems to be pretty competent now which is neat to see. We killed him fairly early last game because he was doing a decent job hunting and I think he has been scum before a long time ago and knows how to fly under the radar when he needs to.
Cheers for this post. Really useful as someone returning after a long time.

Temasek22

#116 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:26 pm

SpiritoftheRadio wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:04 am
felt like it?
What a legend

BunnyGo

#117 Post by BunnyGo » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:26 pm

JustAGuyNamedWill wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:00 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:19 am
Will, you have to cut that shit out.

I forgot what else I was going to say.
If you’re going to lecture me at least do it in mafia chat 😉
I thought Brian told you to cut that sh** out. ##vote Just

got no time to deal with this.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#118 Post by Hamilton Brian » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:28 pm

Is there no bot for the game? Went to M84 and it doesn't show anything.

Temasek22

#119 Post by Temasek22 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:29 pm

##Vote No Lynch as a tentative vote. From a game standpoint not much has been said yet. Can't get any sort of read other than Will riding too close to the sun and probably being town. Spirit seems cool so far too.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#120 Post by dargorygel » Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:48 pm

Temasek22 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:29 pm
##Vote No Lynch as a tentative vote. From a game standpoint not much has been said yet. Can't get any sort of read other than Will riding too close to the sun and probably being town. Spirit seems cool so far too.
Welcome back, tem. Our site does not use them term 'lynch' any more. Thanks.